Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2013 *Discussion only. NO ticket sales/requests*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

what age are the kids? :)

my daughter has been going since she was seven and she never used them, just pulled them off! it takes a bit of getting used to the vibrating sensation in their throat!

I use my dads shooting ones but I'd say maybe somewhere that sells DIY stuff?

12 and 7 for the kids...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,870 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Any recommendations for Friday acts other than MBV? Not too keen on Fatboy Slim or Wu Tang Clan, and I've already seen Miles Kane so not too pushed about seeing him again. Is there anyone from the Body & Soul stages or Red Bull/Rave in the Woods stages that's particularly worth going to? Or should I just wander around aimlessly for a bit and see where that takes me?

Just wander round aimlessly!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,207 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Dudda wrote: »
    I've taken the times from the hotpress website and put them in order, removed the 24 hour clock (it's easy to think 20:00 is 10pm when your drunk and miss someone) and put it on A4 sheets so you can print and cut in half and then laminate it if your really fancy.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bucib9l0a3dfq7p/Electric%20Picnic.pdf

I'm heading in soon and wanted to have a print copy with me as my phone battery will die and the official timetable usually comes out tomorrow. If anyone has changes I can make them for the next 2-3 hours. After that you may as well wait for the official one tomorrow.

You sir, are an absolute gent! If I knew who you were id buy you a pint!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea

Queen-Mise wrote: »
    12 and 7 for the kids...

I honestly think they'll be ok, especially if they're going to be back a bit from the speakers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Will I need ear protection for the kids even if we are a fair bit from the stage and speakers?

And secondly, where would I get ear protection?

For young kids, I personally would get ear protection but only place I know of that you can definitely get them is in Dublin (Capel St, website below).

Age is definitely a factor...

These work great with our toddler:Ear Muffs

Tried and tested at the last two Body and Souls and the Sunday of EP last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 Simon8226

hey guys, bit of a foolish question but I have a loyalty ticket worth €150 but have no proof of being there, will that matter tomorrow or will it be an issue?
    Cheers.

12 and 7 for the kids...

In that case, I'd say they'll be grand

Simon8226 wrote: »
    hey guys, bit of a foolish question but I have a loyalty ticket worth €150 but have no proof of being there, will that matter tomorrow or will it be an issue?
    Cheers.

I can't imagine it being an issue, they're hardly gonna expect people to bring three years worth of wristbands or anything with them. You should be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

The Le Galaxie change is imperfect because it will be tight between end of arctic monkeys and them but should work out fine. Since Giorgio cancelled I have convinced myself Fatboy Slim will recognise the difference between headlining picnic and the Miami set.

Ok my Festival must sees: I will admit that this is a short list. Would really appreciate some suggestions of what I would be utterly, insanely crazy to miss.

Friday
    Fatboy Slim 22.30 Main Stage
    The Egg 02.45 Salty Dog

Saturday
    Ocean Colour Scene 14.30 Main Stage
    Robert Plant 19.00 Main Stage (I know Little Green Cars are playing at the same time, but I would sell a kidney to see any of Led Zep)

Sunday
    The Strypes 16.15 Electric Arena
    The Freakles 17.15 Trailer Park
    King Kong Company 20.15 Body and Soul Main Stage
    The Knife 22.30 Electric Arena
    Le Galaxie 00.00 Body and Soul Main Stage

Jeez, my Fri and Sat is very thin on the ground on must see bands. I presume that is a good thing, I am more likely to stumble across some gems then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,422 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Simon8226 wrote: »
    Cheers.

no, does not matter at all, as long as the ticket is valid they don't care if the ticket holder is David Bowie or Charlie Manson.

Ok - an even stupider question.

Can I bring the kids in on a weekend camping ticket, (I have them registered), when we are not camping, as the family campsite was sold out.

I am getting panicky now thinking they won't be let in :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,422 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

I'm hearing Giorgio Moroder has pulled out.
    feck.

Source here

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Any recommendations for Friday acts other than MBV? Not too keen on Fatboy Slim or Wu Tang Clan, and I've already seen Miles Kane so not too pushed about seeing him again. Is there anyone from the Body & Soul stages or Red Bull/Rave in the Woods stages that's particularly worth going to? Or should I just wander around aimlessly for a bit and see where that takes me?

Torann

Body & Soul Earthship Stage around 8pm on the Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea

Can I bring the kids in on a weekend camping ticket, (I have them registered), when we are not camping, as the family campsite was sold out.

yes you can. I heard one of the years that they can sometimes just allow you into the family camping btw, might be worth your while asking security if you they could squeeze you in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 MK8

I've seen online that you can get the bus tickets from for Bus Eireann on Ticketmaster but not working today. Anyone know if you can buy the tickets from Bus Aras? If not, where in Dublin can you get them tommorow morning? Cheers in advance!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭La_Gordy

I think from Eden Quay or wherever exactly the buses are leaving fae.

Who is bringing wellies? It says it's only gonny rain tomorrow.... Worth it or no?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Moroder tweeted after Irish journalists started saying he cancelled, saying how he's excited to play EP :confused:

https://twitter.com/iGiorgioMoroder/status/373144330963521536

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭LETS BE AVN IT

La_Gordy wrote: »
    I think from Eden Quay or wherever exactly the buses are leaving fae.

Who is bringing wellies? It says it's only gonny rain tomorrow.... Worth it or no?

Im bringing them because if it does rain you're bollixed like the ground won't hold up 4 hours rain with 30,000 people.

Im bringing them because if it does rain you're bollixed like the ground won't hold up 4 hours rain with 30,000 people.

A fair point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭Casshern88

bus eareann tickets are picked up from a "ticket bus" at custom house key, what time are people planning on heading down at? im getting bus at 10 to get set up in prime location good and early, any one have any idea how long it would take to get to campsite from the time of boarding the bus........cant ****!ng wait!

Moroder tweeted after Irish journalists started saying he cancelled, saying how he's excited to play EP :confused:

https://twitter.com/iGiorgioMoroder/status/373144330963521536

Maybe it's Cox that's sick and no-one told Giorgio?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Toast

Probably a PR team that takes care of the twitter account.

Anyone want to pack for me?

Anyone want to pack for me?

If you make sure I don't miss the bus and/or train tomorrow, nae bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭LostinKildare

Yes, definitely. You can camp with kids in the main campsite, too, if you want. We camped for two years with our kid in the quiet campsite, lots of kids there. Last year we blagged our way into the family campsite, you could give that a try.

If you make sure I don't miss the bus and/or train tomorrow, nae bother.

Better again, if you pack for me I'll give you a lift :D
    (From dublin!)

Better again, if you pack for me I'll give you a lift :D
    (From dublin!)

DON'T TOY WITH ME!

If you're in the Lucan vicinity (and who wouldn't want to be?), I'd do it. Ziplock bags and errrrything.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Munurty

Anyone else not able to print their tickets on ticketmaster website?
    Maybe I shouldn't have left it so late.

**Edit...Turns out the the 2012 tickets won't print. The 2013 tickets are printing just fine

• Advertisement

DON'T TOY WITH ME!

If you're in the Lucan vicinity (and who wouldn't want to be?), I'd do it. Ziplock bags and errrrything.

I'm so very far away from Lucan :(

This SUCKS. I'm usually so much more organised :/

Advertisement