Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2013 *Discussion only. NO ticket sales/requests*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭eamonhonda

Munurty wrote: »
    Anyone else not able to print their tickets on ticketmaster website?
    Maybe I shouldn't have left it so late.

was printing all ****ed up for me, but then i downloaded the file and printed from adobe and it was sound

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Packing is a big bastard who can go away and never come back

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Kedo93

Hey guys, anybody going from dublin with bus eireann tomorrow and not yet bought a bus ticket? Planning on buying one from the ticket bus though site says there's limited number. Anybody with experience from other years know if the queues to buy these bus tickets on the day are big? Wondering how much time in advance I should arrive at bus point to allow for queuing. Plan on getting 9am bus tomorrow btw. Cheers!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,927 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

My original lift was meant to leave Kildare for 10:30/11 am which was perfect , but then someone told him he would want to be down before gates are open so they are heading down at 8:30 :eek::eek::eek: . So now and another friend are trying to think of another way down ha

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

My original lift was meant to leave Kildare for 10:30/11 am which was perfect , but then someone told him he would want to be down before gates are open so they are heading down at 8:30 :eek::eek::eek: . So now and another friend are trying to think of another way down ha
    Amateur, I'm meeting friends for a lift at 7:30 from limerick. :cool:.

• Advertisement

Ha i want a decent nights sleep before i head down

• Registered Users Posts: 2,352 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Giorgio Moroder pulled out on medical grounds!! Noooo

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

No Giorgio :(

Fvvvvvvvvvuuuuuuuuuuck

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭stenan

Hi, which you think is the best camp site to camp in this year? Whats peoples experience with tents being robbed?

Regrettably Giorgio Moroder will not be able to play Electric Picnic this year. He has had to pull out of this year’s festivities on advice from his medical team. We would like to wish him a speedy recovery.

BUT we do have have some surprises in store for you. HOLD TIGHT!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭Celtic Tiger

Kedo93 wrote: »
    Hey guys, anybody going from dublin with bus eireann tomorrow and not yet bought a bus ticket? Planning on buying one from the ticket bus though site says there's limited number. Anybody with experience from other years know if the queues to buy these bus tickets on the day are big? Wondering how much time in advance I should arrive at bus point to allow for queuing. Plan on getting 9am bus tomorrow btw. Cheers!

Whenever ive had to get the bus to picnic i never buy online beforehand, just stroll up tomorrow and you'll be fine. Buses leave as soon as they are full and empty ones pull up, its always a smooth operation every year.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,241 ✭✭✭ongarite

Friday is looking very thin now, could spend the evening in the campsite drinking cans..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,870 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Packing is a big bastard who can go away and never come back

Totally...just taking a break from it: can't wait to be set up in camp with the first drink

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

The squirrels aren't seeing the wood for the trees

GIORGIO HAS PULLED OUT!!

No point in even going now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭chopser

Regrettably Giorgio Moroder will not be able to play Electric Picnic this year. He has had to pull out of this year’s festivities on advice from his medical team. We would like to wish him a speedy recovery.

BUT we do have have some surprises in store for you. HOLD TIGHT!

Yeah I reckon James Murphy will be the replacement . He is Dublin tonight at Sugarclub so I doubt he came all the way just for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭beansybeansy

Poor georgio moroder but I suspect a certain Mr James Murphy may replace.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,029 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Cant frickin' wait, only one more sleep. Bring it on!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭unkymo

A few of my friends are leaving Tralee at 6 in the morning. They asked me to go with them but I said "Not a chance!". I'm staying in my bed till 10am, get the train at 11, arrive at EP around 3 and they'll have everything set up by the time I get there!

I'm all packed and ready to go, going to go to my local for a few quiet beers before the madness starts tomorrow evening!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

chopser wrote: »
    Yeah I reckon James Murphy will be the replacement . He is Dublin tonight at Sugarclub so I doubt he came all the way just for that.

he's playing in London on Friday night.

If its the coronas .........they can shove their free cake

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 78 ✭✭ponceprhea

Is there a desperate carpark for Family Camping and is it close to the family campsite I'm on my own with 2 small lads until the wife arrives about 6 after work could do without the long trek in

Family parking is at the gaa ground, less than 10 min walk. Often there are helpers in campsite to help put tents up.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭beansybeansy

he's playing in London on Friday night.

Balls. Thought he was playing uk on saturday to onlyvtgen return on Sunday for the B&S surprise guest slot.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

Friday 30th August
    Miles Kane - Main Stage, 18:00-18:45
    Last Days of 1984 - Body & Soul: Main Stage, 20:00-20:45
    My Bloody Valentine - Main Stage, 21:00-22:00
    Meltybrains? - Body & Soul: Block T Stage, 22:00-22:40
    Katie Kim - Body & Soul: Peace Pagoda, 03:00-03:45

Saturday 31st August
    MC Andrew Stanley - Comedy Tent, 13:30-13:45
    Hurts - Electric Arena, 16:00-17:00
    Peace - Rankin Woods Stage, 16:30-17:15
    Clinic - Rankin Woods Stage, 17:45-18:30
    Palma Violets - Cosby Stage, 18:45-19:30
    Matthew E. White - Rankin Woods Stage, 20:15-21:00
    David O'Doherty - Comedy Tent, 20:15-21:00
    Bjork - Main Stage, 21:00-22:10
    John Grant - Rankin Woods Stage, 21:30-22:30
    Factory Floor - Little Big Tent, 23:00-00:00
    Matthew E. White - Body & Soul Main Stage, 00:15-01:15
    Disclosure - Main Stage, 00:30-01:45
    Hudson Mohawke - Little Big Tent, 01:30-03:00

Sunday 1st September
    She's a Beauty - Salty Dog, 13:15-14:00
    Ana Gog - Body & Soul Earthship Stage, 16:00-16:30
    Braids - Cosby Stage, 17:00-17:45
    Chvrches - Cosby Stage, 18:15-19:00
    Blondes - Little Big Tent, 18:45-20:00
    Warpaint - Electric Arena, 19:00-20:00
    Polica - Cosby Stage, 22:00-22:45
    The Knife (Shaking The Habitual Show) - Electric Arena, 22:30-00:00
    Mano Le Tough - Little Big Tent, 23:00-00:00
    Le Galaxie - Body & Soul Main Stage, 00:00-01:00
    Tourist - Body & Soul Main Stage, 03:00-04:00

Think that's me (roughly) sorted. Play it by ear anyways, like to just wander around and discover new stuff anyways. :D
    Any ambient or Italo disco / Neo-80s style acts at all? Or Trenchtown recs, cos I don't know anything on that lineup!

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭bassey

Dirty dubsters in Trenchtown on Saturday night I think, also bionic rats are good for a dance, Saturday as well I think.

Trenchtown have they're line up and set times up on their facebook page

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

La_Gordy wrote: »
    I think from Eden Quay or wherever exactly the buses are leaving fae.

Who is bringing wellies? It says it's only gonny rain tomorrow.... Worth it or no?

I'll have the wellies in the car - if I don't need then all the better. But to need and not have is a b*tch
    Munurty wrote: »
    Anyone else not able to print their tickets on ticketmaster website?
    Maybe I shouldn't have left it so late.

**Edit...Turns out the the 2012 tickets won't print. The 2013 tickets are printing just fine

Hee hee :D:D

Is Clashfinder the best site to print the timetable from. I like that everything is listed. I might print of that one in the morning - and then be really anal and laminate them:D:rolleyes::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,505 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Gutted about Giorgio Moroder, was really looking forward to seeing him and Chris Cox more than anyone else that's playing. Anyone know of any other disco-ish acts that will be playing this weekend?! Need to get my fix in!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea

bassey wrote: »
    Dirty dubsters in Trenchtown on Saturday night I think, also bionic rats are good for a dance, Saturday as well I think.

Trenchtown have they're line up and set times up on their facebook page

they're actually headlining trench town Sunday night!

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭freddiemoore

Can't believe I read all 400 pages of this thread! Finally here now so hope it lives up to all the build up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭taibhse1966

Anyone know when Reginald Hunter is on in the comedy tent? Have a pain in my swiss googling for timetables at this stage what with packing for family n all ! Thanks :)

• Advertisement

Time for a good nights sleep now, god knows I won't be getting one in the next few days

Wishing everyone a very safe and amazing picnic

Advertisement