Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2013 *Discussion only. NO ticket sales/requests*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

hope they get Le Galaxie to play the Electric Arena on Friday night now, start the weekend off with a bang :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

Anyone know when Reginald Hunter is on in the comedy tent? Have a pain in my swiss googling for timetables at this stage what with packing for family n all ! Thanks :)

According to Clashfinder - he is on 19.35 Saturday night in the comedy tent.

http://clashfinder.com/s/ep2013/?user=014tms.w3

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭beansybeansy

hope they get Le Galaxie to play the Electric Arena on Friday night now, start the weekend off with a bang :D

Now that would be a birthday party

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭jenny retro

Last minute on this one but might be worth a mention, the crowd (locals) that have run the campsite shop the last few years were outbid this year so there'll be a different crowd (dubs afaik) not sure what that'll actually mean but just a heads up that it won't be the same!

Few more hours!!!!! Woooo!!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭taibhse1966

Queen-Mise wrote: »
    According to Clashfinder - he is on 19.35 Saturday night in the comedy tent.

http://clashfinder.com/s/ep2013/?user=014tms.w3

Thanks !! Cool - not too late either with kids to entertain, am sorted now :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,352 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

unkymo wrote: »
    A few of my friends are leaving Tralee at 6 in the morning. They asked me to go with them but I said "Not a chance!". I'm staying in my bed till 10am, get the train at 11, arrive at EP around 3 and they'll have everything set up by the time I get there!

I'm all packed and ready to go, going to go to my local for a few quiet beers before the madness starts tomorrow evening!

Are ya fooking joking me!! Why so early?? Ya'll end completely wrecked and in a heap by 10pm!

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭treccie

I have just acquired a last minute ticket, I'm delighted but also in a complete flap about where to start with getting organised...please help! These have probably been asked already in some form.

What campsite are people preferring or does it make much difference? I'm going on my own so the usual festival strategy of camp with mates isn't going to work.

What time does it get busy from tomorrow or what time would you want to arrive by?

How far is it from car parks to the camp site? Travelling alone also means no slave to help with lugging stuff in from the car.

Is there particular road closures or restrictions on route? I'll be travelling from sligo and then via either mullingar or athlone, not sure which would be quicker or have less traffic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 500 ✭✭✭kevc2

16 quid for 12 cans of heineken in Lidl, all the better that you can exchange them for cold ones when you get there.

Also the weather is looking grand! Tempting to leave the wellies at home:
    http://www.rte.ie/player/ie/show/10194155/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,352 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Can in one hand, Dick in the other lets do this!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Ryan5

Hi, does anyone know the best car park to use for quickest access to Andy Warhol Campsite. Thanks.

• Advertisement

Ryan5 wrote: »
    Hi, does anyone know the best car park to use for quickest access to Andy Warhol Campsite. Thanks.

Can I ask why you picked that campsite? I havent a clue which one to go for.

treccie wrote: »
    I have just acquired a last minute ticket, I'm delighted but also in a complete flap about where to start with getting organised...please help! These have probably been asked already in some form.

What campsite are people preferring or does it make much difference? I'm going on my own so the usual festival strategy of camp with mates isn't going to work.

What time does it get busy from tomorrow or what time would you want to arrive by?

How far is it from car parks to the camp site? Travelling alone also means no slave to help with lugging stuff in from the car.

Is there particular road closures or restrictions on route? I'll be travelling from sligo and then via either mullingar or athlone, not sure which would be quicker or have less traffic.

Well done you.

You will be hitting Stradbally from the Port Laois side, so once you go over the big hill (you'll know what I mean), the parking is on the right.

Look here on the Map. You will be parked, across the road and up a bit from the paintball entrance on the North of the map.

I'd camp in Oscar Wilde, Jimi Hendrix is fcuking crazy, it is mayhem in there basically. The other two campsites are further out. And also Oscar Wilde is the closest campsite to your car. It will be a 25 min walk from car to campsite. But you will have to queue for ticket and wristband.
    So bring in tent first, sleeping bag, chair & a couple of cans. Put up tent, while having a can, then sit and have a can, and go back for the rest of your stuff. Once you have your wristband - you can go in and out as much as you want.

Leave ASAP in the morning. The arena will open at 4pm, but it would be nice to be in and settled by then etc.

Have no idea on routes - the Athlone route on Maps seems to be a tad shorter.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭NotInventedHere

kevc2 wrote: »
    16 quid for 12 cans of heineken in Lidl, all the better that you can exchange them for cold ones when you get there.

Also the weather is looking grand! Tempting to leave the wellies at home:
    http://www.rte.ie/player/ie/show/10194155/

15 in Tesco

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Ryan5

A friend recommended it as one of the quieter ones.

Can I ask why you picked that campsite? I havent a clue which one to go for.

It is a bit further out, so maybe be a bit quieter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

Its a bit weird that tomorrow will be the first day I have missed at the picnic in 10 years but the wife gave birth last week. Still hope to get there for a couple of hours on Sat & Sun. Have a great weekend everyone

Well done you.

You will be hitting Stradbally from the Port Laois side, so once you go over the big hill (you'll know what I mean), the parking is on the right.

Look here on the Map. You will be parked, across the road and up a bit from the paintball entrance on the North of the map.

I'd camp in Oscar Wilde, Jimi Hendrix is fcuking crazy, it is mayhem in there basically. The other two campsites are further out. And also Oscar Wilde is the closest campsite to your car. It will be a 25 min walk from car to campsite. But you will have to queue for ticket and wristband.
    So bring in tent first, sleeping bag, chair & a couple of cans. Put up tent, while having a can, then sit and have a can, and go back for the rest of your stuff. Once you have your wristband - you can go in and out as much as you want.

Leave ASAP in the morning. The arena will open at 4pm, but it would be nice to be in and settled by then etc.

Have no idea on routes - the Athlone route on Maps seems to be a tad shorter.

Thanks a million,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭ThirdMan

Put up tent, while having a can, then sit and have a can

truth1.png

Right I am going to bed. Highly unlikely will be on here again tomorrow morning.

So enjoy the weekend people. And have a blast.

This time tomorrow night - Fatboy will just be finishing up, and I will be jumping around the field like a mad thing :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:p

Its a bit weird that tomorrow will be the first day I have missed at the picnic in 10 years

It's my first time missing it as well. In fact, it's the first time I've not been at a summer festival since I was 16. Like everyone else I've been giving out about the recession for the past five years, but in all honesty I've never really felt it until this month. I haven't a bean. C'est la vie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Right I am going to bed. Highly unlikely will be on here again tomorrow morning.

So enjoy the weekend people. And have a blast.

This time tomorrow night - Fatboy will just be finishing up, and I will be jumping around the field like a mad thing :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:p

I think with the set he'll put in alot of people will be jumping around when he's finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 smalloran

Hendrix usually busy and noisy cos it's close to main area. 20/30 mins walk depending on where u park and where u camp - hendrix furthest in. Was over there this evening and loads signs u'll be directed from portlaoise by signs. All the security guys seem to be from the north and not sure if they really know what's going on - 1 guy thought that there was a specific car parking detailed on all tickets. I'd suggest aiming for about 12 ish to arrive - a lot planning to arrive earlier this year as it's sold out - know laois people heading there for 9am - 11am.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

Ryan5 wrote: »

Security don't really let you pick. You show up, they usher you in where they please.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Twas the night before Picnic and all through the house the house. Not a creature was stirring. Not even, a mouse....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

If you meet me over the weekend give me a can

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

I can't go tomorrow due to a wedding but looking at the line up I'm totally fine with missing it. There is very little on compared to every other year. Hoe this isn't an ongoing trend.

If you meet me over the weekend give me a can

tumblr_me4sf5sKjF1qzzh6g.jpg

I no give. I must swap. Only for pill.

I can't go tomorrow due to a wedding but looking at the line up I'm totally fine with missing it. There is very little on compared to every other year. Hoe this isn't an ongoing trend.

The line-up is only part of the festival experience. The majority of my music collection is stuff by artists and DJs that I simply chanced upon over the years. My dream festival would be one where I've never heard of any of the artists. Like a kid in a sweet shop...

• Registered Users Posts: 2 LisaHeffernan

i have a family camping ticket but im just staying in the normal site, ill swap with u if u want

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 LisaHeffernan

Ok - an even stupider question.

Can I bring the kids in on a weekend camping ticket, (I have them registered), when we are not camping, as the family campsite was sold out.

I am getting panicky now thinking they won't be let in :(

i have a family camping ticket but im staying in the main site so i can swap with you if u want

Advertisement