Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2013 *Discussion only. NO ticket sales/requests*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭laois gael

Was a slight drizzel there earlier but it didnt come to much and wouldnt even wet ya...sun is out now and looks like it will be for the evening still nice and warm Temp 20 here in laois...Its suppose to stay ok for the weekend chance of sum showers in the morning it is suppose to get a little cooler tmoro and tomorrow night so bring extra jumper of jacket if camping!...

Sunday to be dry but little cooler and a nice breeze!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 cormac616

Here lads, is there no official printout from EP with stage times? ive a repeat exam at 1.30 til about 3o clock, then im off!!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 coconutpie

Anyone know where you'd get a cheap raincoat in Dublin City Centre?!

Lidl have decent ones in at the moment for 15.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

La_Gordy wrote: »
    You'll be able get the cardholder to contact them though yea?? Alls not lost!
    threein99 wrote: »
    Can you get it printed?
    Cardholder got in touch with them. I have to get a handwritten letter and a copy of the credit card and bring it to the box office. Absolute shambles.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

Yeah shed loads of raincoats in Dunnes Stephens Green for €9 and loads of wellies in case anyone is having second thoughts about bringing them!

We're leaving Dublin around 4, I'm so excited, have memories of us just wandering around in the dark and the place lit up with fairy lights in tress and random pockets of musicians and wonder, CANNOT WAIT!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 nimron

All quite here everyone must be on their way anyone just going Sunday?
    Never been before was trying to make a plan of action but think I will just go and see what happens no one I'm dying to see just soak up the buzz I think

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭barry194

nimron wrote: »
    All quite here everyone must be on their way anyone just going Sunday?
    Never been before was trying to make a plan of action but think I will just go and see what happens no one I'm dying to see just soak up the buzz I think

Yeah same as that! Arctic Monkeys are too good to miss!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

King Kong Company are worth checking out on the Sunday, they were brilliant at Indiependence.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,755 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Does anyone know where the camping shop is? Looking for some chairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭comet

Wasn't able to get down today. What time do gates open in the morning?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Well - sound on main stage was pure shiiite for MBV, and Wu Tang wasn't great sounding either. MBV a muddy, distorted (in a bad way) mess in front of the sound desk. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

alastair wrote: »
    Well - sound on main stage was pure shiiite for MBV, and Wu Tang wasn't great sounding either. MBV a muddy, distorted (in a bad way) mess in front of the sound desk. :(

So it wasn't just my imagination then for My Bloody Valentine - the sound was odd at times. Although it was still a great set.

Fatboy Slim - had equal moments of genius and some parts were very samey and so-so. Although I don't think I will ever forget the words: Eat, Sleep, Rave, Repeat :)

Am in bits now - came home to my own bed, although tent is still in campsite, the joys of living 25 mins away.

Am getting married tomorrow (or later today) at 12.00 in the inflatable church, wish me luck;):p

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭barry194

Queen-Mise wrote: »
    So it wasn't just my imagination then for My Bloody Valentine - the sound was odd at times. Although it was still a great set.

Fatboy Slim - had equal moments of genius and some parts were very samey and so-so. Although I don't think I will ever forget the words: Eat, Sleep, Rave, Repeat :)

Am in bits now - came home to my own bed, although tent is still in campsite, the joys of living 25 mins away.

Am getting married tomorrow (or later today) at 12.00 in the inflatable church, wish me luck;):p

What type of tunes did Fatboy play :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Disclosure

Pace2008 wrote: »
    Cardholder got in touch with them. I have to get a handwritten letter and a copy of the credit card and bring it to the box office. Absolute shambles.

If the owner of the tickets are not found I have 4 friends who will gladly buy them off you for face value. It would be a shame for the tickets to go to waste + if you find the owner after the weekend at least you can give them the money!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭fits

Queen-Mise wrote: »

I did that last year, it was the best thing ever.. You cant beat a good bed and a shower in the morning.

Lads I think I might be dying :/

dioralyte, painkillers, clean yerself up and some tea and toast and you'll feel a lot better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭nomoreindie

how did the timetables work out in the end?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,401 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Really enjoyed MBV. Underneath the layers of distortion, incredible volume and completely drowned out vocals, there was a hypnotic rhythm to the songs. Sometimes you had to work for it, but when it caught you, boom, nothing like it.

Fatboy Slim was far more, well, 'dance' then I have a tolerance for. Still, he was energetic and clearly talented at what he does, even if what he does isnt for me. Some cool visuals. Felt a bit awkward when the crowd didn't seem to respond to his command to get down to the ground with much gusto.

RSAG was reliably great.

Kind of just winging it today, no major 'must sees'. Daithi seemed to go down a storm yesterday so will check out his encore this afternoon. Must see what a the fuss is about with Matthew E White as well!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Joekers

Electric Picnic official facebook

"There may be some potentially dodgy "Blue Ghosts/Casper" pills circulating onsite. We URGE you Picnickers to be VERY CAREFUL, stay safe"

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭miss misty

Lads I think I might be dying :/

R.I.P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,769 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Joekers wrote: »
    Electric Picnic official facebook

"There may be some potentially dodgy "Blue Ghosts/Casper" pills circulating onsite. We URGE you Picnickers to be VERY CAREFUL, stay safe"

Just to add the obvious to that, just because pills might have different names to the types mentioned above doesn't mean they're any less harmful. Unless there's testing centres around, people are going to be fairly oblivious to the ingredients of what they're taking. There's some unscrupulous individuals out there who'd sell potentially lethal combinations of substances out of sheer greed with no regard for the consequences. It's a music festival, obviously there's going to be drug-taking but use common sense folks and stay safe!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭CastingCouch

Could them pills be related to the death of the young man? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,590 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Pretty cool pic posted by Ben Klock on his facebook page from last night @ EP.

1236728_10151856416496675_314013779_n.jpg

Who knows. Whatever the story I am glad the organisers are acting on the information they have and giving out a warning.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭CastingCouch

Imagine getting stuck behind a tree and not being able to see :P

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Really enjoyed MBV. Underneath the layers of distortion, incredible volume and completely drowned out vocals, there was a hypnotic rhythm to the songs. Sometimes you had to work for it, but when it caught you, boom, nothing like it.

Gotta disagree. I've seen MBV before, and expect vocals well back in the mix, and wall of noise, but the sound was just poor yesterday. Finding solace in the percussion just doesn't cut it. Wasn't a patch on their last EP outing.

Went to Daithi today, again based on the feedback on yesterday's gig. He knows how to work a crowd, very confident, and his stuff (while a bit 'samey') seems like it could be really commercially successful.

Now - off to Bjork, Hudson Mohawke, and Frankie Bingo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭bigbudda

Hello guys

Anyone headin down tomorrow?! Im going on my own and as far as I can see the buses only run til 1pm from dublin...ticketmaster wont let me buy the bus eireann ticket either :(

Any helpful tips please!

Advertisement