Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2013 *Discussion only. NO ticket sales/requests*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,577 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

threein99 wrote: »
    Glad I'm not the only one who does that. I keep meaning to click the unfollow button on this thread, I can't do it though :o

At 443 pages, might as well go to 500 pages :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

We're not still judging other people's experiences are we?
    Strewth.
    Some people had a bogey time others had a ball. That's all there is to it

There definitely was a bug down there. Me and all my mates but one that attended have been sick all week.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 53 ✭✭xxerogravity

david75 wrote: »
    We're not still judging other people's experiences are we?
    Strewth.
    Some people had a bogey time others had a ball. That's all there is to it

There definitely was a bug down there. Me and all my mates but one that attended have been sick all week.

3 nights sleeping in a field with very low temperatures at night. Poor diet and nutrition, and excess alcohol consumption for three night. Poor sanitation. Lack of sleep. For some people, amphetamines use.

There's always bugs, but that hammers your immune system.

Listening back to Plants set now, the solo stuff he was doing, the tracks like The Enchanter with the African guy on vocals did anyone get a Massive Attack buzz from the sound. Plant seems to be influenced slightly by the down beat trip hop ambient sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭the_barfly1

Listening back to Plants set now, the solo stuff he was doing, the tracks like The Enchanter with the African guy on vocals did anyone get a Massive Attack buzz from the sound. Plant seems to be influenced slightly by the down beat trip hop ambient sound.

Snap. Listening to it myself at the moment. Trying to relive some of last weekend! The man has such a rich and varied taste in music. Its brilliant stuff. Seeing him last week has gotten me excited about music in a way I haven't been for quite a while. Legend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭hcass

After reading this I'm well annoyed that I missed Johnny Marr. But I did see Bjork and after that not one gig lived up to hers.

I am not a Bjork fan BTW - this was my introduction to her and I was completely and totally blown away. The whole performance was incredible. She scared the sh!t out of me, put me in a trance and just made me feel like I've never felt. Absolutely divine. The choir had a lot to do with that as well. They were f*king amazing. I actually cried watching her - it was just too beautiful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

3 nights sleeping in a field with very low temperatures at night. Poor diet and nutrition, and excess alcohol consumption for three night. Poor sanitation. Lack of sleep. For some people, amphetamines use.

And yet I cant wait for next year :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Ep bravely asked "Did you see anything at the festival you would like to change" on their face book page 1hour ago, 563 comments and counting!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,465 ✭✭✭✭cson

How ****ing cold was it at night though. Brrrrrrrr. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭LETS BE AVN IT

Fair play to them for asking doh! Only thing I would change is Rave in woods till 6am and have more stuff on Friday and keep Att at 35,000.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Ep bravely asked "Did you see anything at the festival you would like to change" on their face book page 1hour ago, 563 comments and counting!!

The general theme is more choice of beer, cheaper beer, more toilets in the campsites and get rid of the fun fair

About the RTE coverage, its great and all that, but ever since the existence of EP have they only ever covered the main stage, the EA, LBT, what about the other 12 stages, have they ever covered a set from the B&S main stage. I would've preferred if they had covered an hour of Ben Klocks set from Rave in the Woods rather than Fatboy Slims. I always thought they never covered the same headliner twice, Fatboy Slim was covered when he played the Picnic first back in 2005.

About the RTE coverage, its great and all that, but ever since the existence of EP have they only ever covered the main stage, the EA, LBT, what about the other 12 stages, have they ever covered a set from the B&S main stage. I would've preferred if they had covered an hour of Ben Klocks set from Rave in the Woods rather than Fatboy Slims. I always thought they never covered the same headliner twice, Fatboy Slim was covered when he played the Picnic first back in 2005.

Was there live coverage on RTE? Or just a recording for a later date?

Queues for ATM were huge on Sunday 2.5 hours one girl told me she had been waiting. Ventured into Stradbally town. Worked out sweet about 30 min.

As we were walking back in the EP gates, seen a huge sign "No re-admittance for day tickets"!! Nothing about this on the way out! Just glad I had a week end pass!!

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Was there live coverage on RTE? Or just a recording for a later date?

Just audio http://www.rte.ie/2fm/festivals/programmes/2013/0831/471429-rt-2fm-at-electric-picnic-2013/?clipid=1299922

Usually there is a good dance act recorded for the late night 2fm dance show on Saturday, but its more likely that it will be Disclosures set, I would like to think that Klocks set was recorded by someone like Dave Clarke on 2fm as he does choose good sets (Life 2012).

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

cson wrote: »

Yea didnt really notice the coldness on friday till i went to bed but saturday i felt it came out of nowhere

cson wrote: »

Yea you could easily get caught out! Especially when it was 20 odd Deg by day.
    I learned my lesson EP11 the Sat night was bloody freezing the coldest & dampest I had ever experienced! I've taken x3 sleeping bags ever since!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Its not great, its p1ss poor. In this day and age they should have video live-streams or at least archive some. I agree that they should expand to other stages, but they don't even have the basics nailed down yet.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Oh and Vodafone's data coverage for the weekend was abysmal. Pure rubbish. I couldnt so much as look at twitter most of the time let alone upload a picture...

nocoverart wrote: »
    Its not great, its p1ss poor. In this day and age they should have video live-streams or at least archive some. I agree that they should expand to other stages, but they don't even have the basics nailed down yet.

"45Sound" is a great idea, its a company that records the live sound feed at a particular event, then get audience members to submit their individual footage. It cleverly syncs their recorded sound with video(s) the more videos they have gives better angles!

45sound were at the salty dog on Sunday.

https://45sound.com/shows/434-the-trampz-salty-dog-stage-at-electric-picnic-electric-picnic-1-9-2013

• Advertisement

Jeez just looking at the Bestival time schedules is making me fierce jealous, I hope EP gets a good enough line up next year to rival Bestivals.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Jeez just looking at the Bestival time schedules is making me fierce jealous, I hope EP gets a good enough line up next year to rival Bestivals.
    some of the dance acts/DJs that Bestival has are unreal.

between them, and all the ones at the Croatian festivals like Outlook/Dimensions/Unknown around now, it's extremely disappointing how little there was at EP, especially with the LBT becoming a mixed-genre stage this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭Shout Dust

In fairness, other than beer, you could eat fairly healthy for the weekend

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Shout Dust wrote: »
    In fairness, other than beer, you could eat fairly healthy for the weekend

the food seems to be dropping a bit i find, still a step above oxegen but seem to be becoming a bit mneh

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

I don't agree - plus loads of the same caterers are there every year.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I thought the food was fantastic. Something to suit every mood. Worlds apart from your usual festival fare of burger and chips at exorbitant prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

BaZmO* wrote: »
    I thought the food was fantastic. Something to suit every mood. Worlds apart from your usual festival fare of burger and chips at exorbitant prices.

Agreed. My fifth time at EP and thought food was great this year. Maybe just lucky with my choices...

Shouts out to the Pakistani food stall around the corner from Heineken Live Project, the Juke Joint place that did a huge plate of tasty BBQ food for €6 (a bargain in comparative terms!) and Amnesty for excellent coffee to kick start me both mornings.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Where can I buy Pieminister in DUblin/Cork?

I thought the Obriens toasted sandwichs in Hendrix was great value at 5 euro, the chips from the Chicken Wing place too. But I went to Super Valu in Stradbally for decent filled rolls during the quieter times in the afternoon.

This guy was a legend,

I initially thought it was Karen Drejer as she likes to wear beards in some of the videos. During the Knife show they bring out a picture frame, which turns out to be a video screen showing a blond haired man with a beard, this is in fact, Karen. Strange woman.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Hogzy wrote: »
    Where can I buy Pieminister in DUblin/Cork?
    Tesco

Advertisement