Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2013 *Discussion only. NO ticket sales/requests*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭recyclebin

I know it's not pieminister but there was a different pie shop at the picnic that have a cafe in temple bar. Just googled it and they are called The Pieman Cafe, 14a Crown Alley, D2 Dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Tesco dont sell Pieminister AfAIK, I thought Superquinn did but the local one doesnt.

I had a ball, I got a present of the ticket and hadnt been in 3 years due to having lots of babies.

I really tried to have a cheap EP, so brought stove for hot water so I could make coffee etc.
    I didnt mind that you couldn't bring booze into the arena but I have sealed bottles of water taken from me even though the website said you could bring them in.

We had no trouble at all in the Wilde campsite, I didnt queue for long for the toilets anywhere either. I heard of quite a few thefts and going by here and facebook some of them were very close to our tents, maybe we just looked too poor to rob!

I thought the line up was only alright, but its the kinda place that you always discover loads of bands you wouldn't have considered, so it didnt bother me, but it was all my partner kept talking about all weekend.

I thought the 4 vans in the Wilde campsite were the worse food vendors in the whole festival, the food in the arena was much better.

We had a few younger people camping near us and had no issues at all with them, though that couldn't get drink in the Bacardi bar as they had no ID. Mostly because of this they spent most of the day in the campsite.

All in all I loved it, I thought you could see where the cuts have been made and Friday was the worst for it.

I can see how the festival is changing and while I dont really want it to change there is no other festival I'd like to go to in Ireland so I will keep going for as long as I can.

I will say, I dont know who this new band Holster is but they must be raking it in at festivals with band tees!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 53 ✭✭xxerogravity

wmpdd3 wrote: »

All in all I loved it, I thought you could see where the cuts have been made and Friday was the worst for it.

I can see how the festival is changing and while I dont really want it to change there is no other festival I'd like to go to in Ireland so I will keep going for as long as I can.

I busted my ass to get down on time for Friday night. Given how lame it was, I would have preferred to just have arrived on Saturday morning after a good sleep and made the most of the two days. Will be wiser if they try that again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭rainbowdrop

I will say, I dont know who this new band Holster is but they must be raking it in at festivals with band tees!

Actual LOL:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

recyclebin wrote: »
    I know it's not pieminister but there was a different pie shop at the picnic that have a cafe in temple bar. Just googled it and they are called The Pieman Cafe, 14a Crown Alley, D2 Dublin.

Pieman were savage.
    Chocolate chilli and chorizo pie. mmmm.

On another note:
    EP are getting slated on their facebook page (900 comments and counting). Fair play for asking for feedback though.
    The main comments are
    * jacks
    * beer / alcohol choice
    * beer / alcohol price
    * Funfair in Hendrix
    * Bins
    * More / better security (overbearing guys searching purses & wallets, security in campsites)
    * Improve line-up
    * Campervan facilities and location (what's the extra €60 for)
    * Get rid of the 'scumbags' **

If they wanted, they could address all of the above points, with the exception of the last one.
    Once the 'scumbags' are in, they're in, and they'll bring their 'scumbag' mates with them next time.
    What's the festival equivalent of taking a course of anti-biotics?

** This is the facebook term (well this, along with knackers, scaldies, etc). I didn't see any scumbag behaviour myself, but there's no doubt that the demograph has changed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Tesco dont sell Pieminister AfAIK, I thought Superquinn did but the local one doesnt.
    my local Tesco used to anyway, haven't seen them lately but I haven't been looking tbh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Catmologen

Food selection was better than ever this year i think. Anyone go to Rathmullan house stall next to Mindfield? Fishcakes were nice. Honourable mentions to the falafal stall across from the main entrance of body and soul and the Pie man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,203 ✭✭✭maximoose

That falafel stand was the business yeah, first time trying it and it was delish!

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭SmallBalls

A trip to Ranelagh for me today I think...

From the Pieminister facebook page today.......

"For all you Dublin based pie-lovers, we have a tasting today in Superquinn Ranelagh, and a super 50c off our pies too! From 1.30pm until 8.30pm we will be there serving some yummy samples... come get them while you can."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Viserion

Honestly, today is the first day I've felt 100% normal since 29th August :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭tmc86

Hogzy wrote: »
    Where can I buy Pieminister in DUblin/Cork?

Dunnes Stores stock them! nom nom nom

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,288 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Viserion wrote: »
    Honestly, today is the first day I've felt 100% normal since 29th August :o

I could not agree more with this

Took a long time to feel normal after the festivity this year.. I was all over the shop the last few days... Thank Christ I'm normal again! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

Hogzy wrote: »
    Where can I buy Pieminister in DUblin/Cork?

They have them in Fresh in Grand Canal in Dublin.
    So many people have mentioned the fabulous falafel to me since last weekend, wish I had tried it now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 359 ✭✭pervertedcoffee

I am better fed at festivals than I am in 'real life'.

I make sure I have breakfast each morning, get a falafel at some point and maybe some chips to nibble. :p

Going to work Monday-Tuesday: just about manage lunch and have to spend the day talking myself out of take out most nights. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭breakfasttime

I am better fed at festivals than I am in 'real life'.

I make sure I have breakfast each morning, get a falafel at some point and maybe some chips to nibble. :p

Going to work Monday-Tuesday: just about manage lunch and have to spend the day talking myself out of take out most nights. :(

Falafel. Always and forever.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭rebelreded

Anyone remember the name of that Falafel place outside main entrance of Body & Soul?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,632 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Yay just another 51 weeks to go till EP 2014 :D:D:D

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

anyone see hermitage green? Not into them at all, but looking at pics they seem to have drawn a fairly big crowd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Nice little vidjo.

Tour de Picnic Aftermovie

http://vimeo.com/73710393

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 359 ✭✭pervertedcoffee

rebelreded wrote: »
    Anyone remember the name of that Falafel place outside main entrance of Body & Soul?

There was one place called Falafel & Kebab. Then there was the Eco Bus (red) .... Can't remember the others...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭MattD

Lebanese Kitchen?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

seachto7 wrote: »
    anyone see hermitage green? Not into them at all, but looking at pics they seem to have drawn a fairly big crowd.

Yea i seen them , yea they just sound like the irish version of Mumford and Sons tbh nothing special although the guy playing bodhran was really talented

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭lindascribbler

Anyone hear EP management are applying to change the licence to allow sale of 60,000 tickets next year?

If true, then as far I'm concerned, tis the end of EP as we know it:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

Anyone hear EP management are applying to change the licence to allow sale of 60,000 tickets next year?

I doubt that's true, and even if it is, it won't happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Marseyred

Doubt thats true!!! No way the venue could accomodate that many....sure it was overcrowed this year...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Yea i seen them , yea they just sound like the irish version of Mumford and Sons tbh nothing special although the guy playing bodhran was really talented

wouldn't float my boat at all, but didn't realise they were that popular. Lots of drooling women no doubt. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

They've said they want to add an extra 5,000 in capacity. The current capacity is 35,000. The only way I can see 60k is if they change it so day tickets for all 3 days are available. This means the max capacity at any one time is 40k.. but 30k is weekenders and an additional 10k day trippers each day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Toast wrote: »
    They've said they want to add an extra 5,000 in capacity. The current capacity is 35,000. The only way I can see 60k is if they change it so day tickets for all 3 days are available. This means the max capacity at any one time is 40k.. but 30k is weekenders and an additional 10k day trippers each day.

I'd be gutted if they did day tickets for fri and sat aswell, I don't care what anyone says it ruins the vibe on the Sunday!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

I'd agree. Just speculation on how a 60k figure would be even possible. I'd say it is more likely random Internet rumour though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

That would be a massive and seriously risky jump in capacity imo . Yea this year sold out but to make a jump to nearly double capacity is risky in the space of year . Can see them getting the extra 5000 anyways and go from there . Would the site be able to hold that many people?

Advertisement