Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2013 *Discussion only. NO ticket sales/requests*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,774 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Presuming it is going ahead, do people reckon the format will have changed significantly from other years? Eg 2 day festival, no Body and Soul etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

I think if they were to change it, it would be more likely that it would open Friday afternoon/evening but no main music stages until Saturday, just Trenchtown/Rave in the Woods/Salty Dog/B&S open Friday night.
    just a plain 2-day thing wouldn't be beyond possible though, but i'd be surprised if they don't let people camp on the Friday night as most other camping festivals do....

B&S will be there, yesterday they put up the link again advertising for volunteers etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

I think if they were to change it, it would be more likely that it would open Friday afternoon/evening but no main music stages until Saturday, just Trenchtown/Rave in the Woods/Salty Dog/B&S open Friday night.
    just a plain 2-day thing wouldn't be beyond possible though, but i'd be surprised if they don't let people camp on the Friday night as most other camping festivals do....

something like this would be the best bet, if they still charge 230 or 240 and try and "fill" for a lack of big bands its gonna fall flat on its face

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Id say EP is the better option unless they are willing to sub or lower at a Pheonix Park/Marlay gig

No harm to ya, but are you seriously suggesting that the pumpkins would sub for any of the muck that's playing Phoenix Park?
    The only decent act to play this year or last year was the stone roses, and the pumpkins are bigger than them.
    I can't even think who they'd sub for, especially in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

They are better than the rest, but bigger? I dunno that their support base was that big in their day that they would come out in big numbers now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

I'd be very surprised if the Pumpkins touch a Phoenix Park gig given the situation from last year and what happened to them in the past here.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Toast wrote: »
    I'd be very surprised if the Pumpkins touch a Phoenix Park gig given the situation from last year and what happened to them in the past here.

yeah the band really spiralled downhill with Chamberlain and such shortly after

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

what happened in the past?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

davywalsh7 wrote: »
    what happened in the past?

mosh pit got out of control in the point and a girl died

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭lc180

Is the Smashing Pumpkins just Billy Corgan and a sessions band or is there any other original members? I could maybe see an IMMA date if EP didnt happen.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

No harm to ya, but are you seriously suggesting that the pumpkins would sub for any of the muck that's playing Phoenix Park?
    The only decent act to play this year or last year was the stone roses, and the pumpkins are bigger than them.
    I can't even think who they'd sub for, especially in Ireland.

No way are they bigger then The Stone Roses , sure the last time they played here they didnt even sell out the RDS simmonscourt . They are not as big as they used to be .

No way are they bigger then The Stone Roses , sure the last time they played here they didnt even sell out the RDS simmonscourt . They are not as big as they used to be .

internationally they are much much bigger, uk and ireland, not so much

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭conti

In case it hasn't already been established, I just found out that EP is 100% going ahead, acts are being booked.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭exilec

conti wrote: »
    In case it hasn't already been established, I just found out that EP is 100% going ahead, acts are being booked.

Hope your right..!! still a little nervous , with no quotes or anything in a long long time..:(

exilec wrote: »
    Hope your right..!! still a little nervous , with no quotes or anything in a long long time..:(

I can't reveal the name of the source as a matter of privacy, all I can tell you is that it came from a booking agent, but it certainly is happening. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

Cat Power and Nine Inch Nails.
    All will be forgiven if they pull them.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭exilec

I can't reveal the name of the source as a matter of privacy, all I can tell you is that it came from a booking agent, but it certainly is happening. :D

Happy days .... cheers:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,457 ✭✭✭✭fits

That was my first gig. It was scary.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Conbhar

If that's true then you have just made my week mate, great news :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,774 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Any idea of when tickets are on sale?

• Advertisement

if you can't give your "source" at least name some of the bands

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Funkfield

The smiley is a bit too smiley in that post.

I call shanananananigans!

Mr.S wrote: »
    Acts have been preliminary booked for EP for quite some time!

Well this booking agent was assured it was definitely going ahead.

danniemcq wrote: »
    if you can't give your "source" at least name some of the bands

I didn't ask him because he probably wouldn't have been allowed to tell me, knowing that EP was happening was enough for me.

Funkfield wrote: »
    The smiley is a bit too smiley in that post.

I call shanananananigans!

Call what you want! That smiley face was meant to exemplify happiness, was it a bit OTT?

Yes. Can you dial him back a bit? And maybe rastify him 10%?

Cheers.

I didn't ask him because he probably wouldn't have been allowed to tell me, knowing that EP was happening was enough for me.

alas after so many ups and downs its not enough for the internet!

btw that isn't a dig at your character or anything!

Funkfield wrote: »
    Yes. Can you dial him back a bit? And maybe rastify him 10%?

Cheers.

10% is a very specific request but here you go
    _^_
    /:)\
    / | \
    / _ \

10% is a very specific request but here you go
    _^_
    /:)\
    / | \
    / _ \

Man If I could thank that twice I would!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Mr.S wrote: »
    Acts have been preliminary booked for EP for quite some time!
    yep, since well before Xmas.

i named a few a couple of weeks back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

For those who can't be ar$ed searching back through the thread, I think ghostdancer is referring to David Byrne & St. Vincent, Warpaint and Belle and Sebastian (the only one that I'd be instantly drawn to, although I'm sure David Byrne would be good if I gave him more of a chance....)

My latest silly prediction:
    * On April Fools Day, Daft Punk announce plans for a major tour over the summer and autumn
    * This is just in time for EP not to need a world exclusive on Daft Punk announcements for their bash on Tuesday
    * EP announce My Bloody Valentine, Daft Punk (both on Saturday) and Elton John (Sunday) as headliners
    * It's still 3 days but with a small-scale Friday and a day ticket option for both Saturday and Sunday

Advertisement