Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2013 *Discussion only. NO ticket sales/requests*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,773 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

peteeeed wrote: »
    jim carroll from the irish times tweeted today answering a question about EP

@jimcarrollOTR
    @ksjoleary due to be announced Apr 15, allegedly

That was the date in the Sunday Times alright..

Think the court-case is on the 8th so presumably they're hoping to have that resolved by then.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭exilec

Another "BIG" announcement by pod tomorrow... wishful thinking ?

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Rastadoyle

prob another killers gig!

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭exilec

Rastadoyle wrote: »
    prob another killers gig!

:D:D dont even joke about it..!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Eod100 wrote: »
    That was the date in the Sunday Times alright..

Think the court-case is on the 8th so presumably they're hoping to have that resolved by then.

I suppose the outcome of the court case will decide the fate of EP 2013

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

exilec wrote: »
    Another "BIG" announcement by pod tomorrow... wishful thinking ?

Prince at IMMA official announcement would be my guess.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Toast wrote: »
    Prince at IMMA official announcement would be my guess.

Yea id say thats it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,511 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Hope it is the Prince gig announcement, if its the bloody Kings of Leon, i'll go spare :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

I saw myself in the "not going ahead" camp. When Blur were announced for IMMA I was surprised that they had passed on Electric Picnic for a stand alone gig, and this was a POD booking. That was bit of a warning sign to me.

Saying that, it is also peculiar that nothing has been announced so far of its inaction. Why would they leave it so long to do so? The lack of such of an announcement makes me think there are indeed clashes of interest going on behind the scenes preventing it from going ahead. So while I don't think it is ruled out yet, it certainly would have to be announced pretty soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

Joe Hart wrote: »
    Seriously start looking abroad. For that money I have a 100sqm 4* apartment by the beach in Croatia for Unknown Festival.

Amarin+2013_4_v581.jpg

Does the apartment come with the child slaves or would they be extra?

• Advertisement

honru wrote: »
    I saw myself in the "not going ahead" camp. When Blur were announced for IMMA I was surprised that they had passed on Electric Picnic for a stand alone gig, and this was a POD booking. That was bit of a warning sign to me.

Saying that, it is also peculiar that nothing has been announced so far of its inaction. Why would they leave it so long to do so? The lack of such of an announcement makes me think there are indeed clashes of interest going on behind the scenes preventing it from going ahead. So while I don't think it is ruled out yet, it certainly would have to be announced pretty soon.

the only band i think that look like a definite if EP goes ahead are MBV

but the bestival line up is normally a good indication of which bands may play EP so maybe among this lot is the EP line up http://2013.bestival.net/line-up

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Stayed in the Festihuts last year. Completely closed off part of the camping site so no people wandering about, private toilets (proper actual toilets with actual sinks, no portaloos), doors with locks, key for each person, 2 sockets, a light, 4 beds (2 bunk beds) with thin foam mattresses which were surprisingly comfortable, a small window and half of the wall at the back of the hut opens out into a large window. We would definitely stay there again. For me, they are worth the price.

it was an utter mud bath tho wasnt it? I could be mixing it up with another festival tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

it was an utter mud bath tho wasnt it? I could be mixing it up with another festival tho

I presume you're talking about the festival site itself. The site was a little bit muddy in some areas, the most high traffic areas obviously, but that didn't really happen until late on the Sunday night, the rest of the time I was in sandals and had no problem at all with mud.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

I presume you're talking about the festival site itself. The site was a little bit muddy in some areas, the most high traffic areas obviously, but that didn't really happen until late on the Sunday night, the rest of the time I was in sandals and had no problem at all with mud.

No in the festihuts, I can't remember if it was EP or Latitude but there was serious drainage issues on their site, like 2 foot mud bath, I may be mixing them up. They looked nice tho that aside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

No in the festihuts, I can't remember if it was EP or Latitude but there was serious drainage issues on their site, like 2 foot mud bath, I may be mixing them up. They looked nice tho that aside.

Oh no, we had no issues like that at EP so maybe it was Latitude. The only suggestion I would give for the Festihuts is to try to get a hut away from the toilets, not because of the smell but because of the noise. There was lights at the toilet so most people were congregating there at different times of the night to have a chat so it got a bit noisy. We were lucky enough to be at the furthest end away from the toilets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

Rfrip wrote: »
    Stayed with them the last two years, it's a great set up and well worth the money. Anyone stay with festihuts? I'd like to try them out this year,

Yeah Festihuts looked good alright.

I stayed in the Podpads.....great little yokes!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 am777

As a local with absolutely solid info, Electric Picnic 2013 is a definite! Also, a significant drop in ticket price..

am777 wrote: »
    As a local with absolutely solid info, Electric Picnic 2013 is a definite! Also, a significant drop in ticket price..

How much?

About 150 for the three days!

About 150 for the three days!

Wonder if that means that there won't be any Body and Soul etc. Who did you hear this from btw? (don't have to name names obviously)

• Advertisement

Well I wondered myself what would be missing from ep in return for such a low price, however body and soul are recruiting for ep 2013 on their website so thankfully it seems to be staying! Very close to the top...Privileged info ;) I do wonder what will be missing from the electric picnic experience this year though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭TheBza

a day of acts maybe?

TheBza wrote: »
    a day of acts maybe?
    How so?

I think it was mentioned before on here, have no main acts on the friday just have the campsites open and so and so with djs etc. , then keep the other two days for the main acts. Like what oxegen did when people could go down the day before if you get me. Only a guess, just something major has to be changed for them to drop the price that much, unless im completely off.

Hmm perhaps. Well as of last week my info was 100%. He was also outraged when a local newspaper went with the headline "No electric picnic". Unless this court case changes anything!

Hmm perhaps. Well as of last week my info was 100%. He was also outraged when a local newspaper went with the headline "No electric picnic". Unless this court case changes anything!

You can kinda understand how a newspaper would print that though with it being April and no sign of news yet! Would love if it goes ahead but still fairly skeptical!

Well I wondered myself what would be missing from ep in return for such a low price, however body and soul are recruiting for ep 2013 on their website so thankfully it seems to be staying! Very close to the top...Privileged info ;) I do wonder what will be missing from the electric picnic experience this year though

No killers

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Jeden

Can't wait for the announcement, it really would be a sad loss to the festival landscape in Ireland if EP was wound up.

I think it's definitely going ahead now, but I do fear for the longterm future of the festival, they can't keep eating whopper losses.

I hope this year's edition is a success and I'll be doing my level best to promote it on Festivals.ie.

I wonder would they setup a tent/area for up and coming Irish artists? They could prob get them very cheap as the acts will be happy to have the exposure of EP on their CV and they would each prob bring 10-20 people they know down to see them. Not going to draw the huge crowds, that's the job of the headliners, but I think they could make it work for them if they did it right.

Any thoughts on this?

They already have stages supporting irish acts, the salty dog etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Jeden

Yeah I know they do have Irish acts there, but I think they could promote that side of things a bit better. Loads of talent out there and the decent one's will have a cult following that will help sell tickets.

In terms of the Headliners, I wonder will a few of the Longitude heavy hitters get the call? I'd say Kraftwerk would be popular to close the festival on the main stage on Sunday. MCD have a significant piece of EP, so maybe they could use their influence to beef up the lineup.

Advertisement