Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2013 *Discussion only. NO ticket sales/requests*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭conti

Jeden wrote: »
    I wonder would they setup a tent/area for up and coming Irish artists?

Picnic has been great to Irish acts old and new, they have loads of them play every year.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 am777

peteeeed wrote: »
    No killers

Another quote from my source; "quite ironically, the killers almoost killed the picnic."

• Registered Users Posts: 11,773 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

am777 wrote: »
    Another quote from my source; "quite ironically, the killers almoost killed the picnic."

I'd have thought they would've boosted day ticket sales nah?

Eod100 wrote: »
    I'd have thought they would've boosted day ticket sales nah?

Well see that's the problem, weekend tickets dropped as a result. Common sense would have put the Killers on Friday or Saturday instead!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭nomoreindie

Well see that's the problem, weekend tickets dropped as a result. Common sense would have put the Killers on Friday or Saturday instead!

I would have thought that poor management and poor selection of bands over the past few years killed the picnic.

• Advertisement

I would have thought that poor management and poor selection of bands over the past few years killed the picnic.

Poor selection of bands? That would depend on your music taste.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭nomoreindie

Poor selection of bands? That would depend on your music taste.

Of course it does, but to have losses approaching €900,000 over the past few years would suggest that a lot of punters werent interested in the bands being booked and stayed away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭Joe Hart

They lost money because the tickets were ridiculously overpriced. The weren't getting the numbers.

Joe Hart wrote: »
    They lost money because the tickets were ridiculously overpriced. The weren't getting the numbers.

Well, overpriced no more!

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭roll

u could get rid of at least one of the crawdady/cosby/little big tent... bad sound in general in that area.... the cheaper tix does make me a bit nervous that they'll completely decimate the festival tho....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

roll wrote: »
    u could get rid of at least one of the crawdady/cosby/little big tent... bad sound in general in that area.... the cheaper tix does make me a bit nervous that they'll completely decimate the festival tho....

god no, don't get rid of the Little Big Tent, well don't get rid of the type of acts that typically play there anyway, some savage DJs and acts appeared in that lil tent over the years:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

agreed, the Crawdaddy/Cosby ones could probably be merged into one though if they're cutting down the number of acts a bit, they're both similar enough with the size of acts they have in them...

Someone over on EP's fb page is claiming this is the leaked line-up:

Alabama shakes
    Band of Horses
    Bat For Lashes
    Foals
    Franz Ferdinand
    Editors
    Jake Bugg
    Kendrick Lamar
    The Knife
    The Lumineers
    Majro Lazer
    Nine Inch Nails
    Tame Impala
    MIA
    Bombay Bicycle Club
    The Flaming Lips
    Wu Tang Clan
    Belle & Sebastian
    Jessie Ware
    Sinead O' Connor
    James Blake
    Johnny Marr
    Where's My Elephant?
    Bastille
    The Strypes
    Dexys
    Caravan Palace
    Hackney Empire
    The Roots
    Savages
    The Walkman
    John Cooper Clark
    Laura Mvula
    Billy Bragg
    HAIM
    Hurts
    The 2 Bears
    Portishead
    First Aid Kit

Not sure how plausible it is though!

@Eod100 I know one band on there who are 100% playing it so this lineup is plausible.

conti wrote: »
    @Eod100 I know one band on there who are 100% playing it so this lineup is plausible.

Heard the Strypes?

There def seems to be an EP-vibe to the list alright..

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭corm500

List looks fine but there is not one headline act on it. None of these names could close the main stage

corm500 wrote: »
    List looks fine but there is not one headline act on it. None of these names could close the main stage

Flaming Lips or Wu-Tang or Nine Inch Nails or Portishead maybe?

corm500 wrote: »

The Knife, NIN, Flaming Lips, three headliners right there.

Was comparing it to last year's initial line-up and it seems to have the same mix of Irish acts, new acts, indie, etc.

http://www.irishtimes.com/blogs/ontherecord/2012/03/01/here-we-go-electric-picnic-2012-official-line-up/

But then again someone could have just made this up!

not true.
    several of those are playing Longitude, or their own gigs shortly before EP, so unlikely (eg. Tame Impala are playing Dublin 10days before, they won't be playing EP too.)
    a few of them are booked, or at least very likely to play.
    there's a few that were booked that aren't there.

Bat for Lashes is playing in Canada that weekend, so that definitely isn't true. probably others are elsewhere that weekend too, but i'm not bothered going through them.

and i'm pretty sure "Where's My Elephant" isn't a band, but a Simpsons reference :pac:

• Advertisement

several of those are playing Longitude, or their own gigs shortly before EP, so unlikely. a few of them are booked, or at least very likely to play. there's a few that were booked that aren't there.

Bat for Lashes is playing in Canada that weekend, so that definitely isn't true. probably others are elsewhere that weekend too, but i'm not bothered going through them.

in short, someone's made that up, but a few of those will almost certainly be playing if it goes ahead.

Ah yeah, never thought that it was 100% true or anything but gives an idea of what sort of acts might play. Can see Haim playing it even though they're supporting in Marlay Park before EP.

If I had to guess who could play EP of the list, this it'd be it. Maybe more of a wish-list though! (idle speculation I know) :P

Alabama shakes
    Band of Horses
    Foals
    Kendrick Lamar
    The Knife
    The Lumineers
    Nine Inch Nails
    Tame Impala
    MIA
    Bombay Bicycle Club
    The Flaming Lips
    Belle & Sebastian
    Jessie Ware
    Sinead O' Connor
    James Blake
    Where's My Elephant?
    Bastille
    The Strypes
    Dexys
    The Roots
    Savages
    The Walkman
    Laura Mvula
    Billy Bragg
    HAIM
    Portishead
    First Aid Kit

and i'm pretty sure "Where's My Elephant" isn't a band, but a Simpsons reference :pac:

Think it's safe to assume the weirder a band name sounds the more likely it is to exist :P http://wheresmyelephant.bandcamp.com/

Don't seem to have much of a following though!

Ah yeah, never thought that it was 100% true or anything but gives an idea of what sort of acts might play. Can see Haim playing it even though they're supporting in Marlay Park before EP.

If I had to guess who could play EP of the list, this it'd be it. Maybe more of a wish-list though! (idle speculation I know) :P
    well most of them are playing Bestival the week after EP, so it's likely that a good few of them will play anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

"Leaked" Lineup was posted on the EP facebook originally by a guy who seems to be a Simpsons fan based on his profile. Almost certainly made up by him.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

EP is turning out to be the music version of Half Life 3

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Any word on the apparent court case yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭catch--22

The founder of the Electric Picnic has begun a High Court action fighting for control of the festival. #EP

Red Fm News
    The founder of the Electric Picnic has begun a High Court action fighting for control of the festival.

John Reynolds claims promoters, 'Festival Republic', which invested in the event four years ago, has removed him from any meaningful role.

The promoter says there has been interference in band selection and breaches of the shareholders agreement.

He's asked for the case to be fast-tracked at the Commercial Court, explaining there is 'considerable urgency' if this year's Electric Picnic is to go ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Terrible that they are putting their egos in the way of 30,000 people's enjoyment

catch--22 wrote: »

Cheers for that!

Where'd you find the second quote btw?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭catch--22

Cheers for that!

Where'd you find the second quote btw?

Today Fm news report.

Advertisement