Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2013 *Discussion only. NO ticket sales/requests*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭deeks

With the level of animosity involved I really can't see how it will go ahead this year. I can't imagine either party will willingly back down from their position as the spat is now so public and the egos involved appear to be pretty large.

The Blur situation is a perfect example. Rather than booking them for EP (which would have been brilliant imho) both promoters involved in EP were basically fighting over them for their own separate gigs. Complete lunacy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭sissorhands

The loss of Body & Soul, and The Salty Dogg is pretty much the loss of the festival. Sure there's the acts that go on til 2am, but after that, what? Those places are what makes Electric Picnic unique.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

If they cut Body and Soul, it'll take a very special line-up to take me down to Stradbally

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Without Body and Soul it's no longer Electric Picnic. Wandering through there at 1am, stopping to hear bands you would never otherwise see and doing all that in amazing and almost fairytale surroundings, is what made the festival for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭sissorhands

On the situation of headliners, Flaming Lips and Basement Jaxx would certainly be suitable! And they're touring. I know they've played before, but not everyone has seen them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭exilec

On the situation of headliners, Flaming Lips and Basement Jaxx would certainly be suitable! And they're touring. I know they've played before, but not everyone has seen them.

2 amazing live bands..:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Is The Salty Dogg definitely gone? I was talking to someone over the weekend who said her friend runs The Salty Dogg and she was already scheduled to be working for her friend at EP this year. According to this person, EP is definitely going ahead. It's all a bit confusing.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Well the announcement is only really a month late, although it was announced at the start of March last year, but most years it has been launched around the middle of March. Ok there was no early birds this year but Oxegen has still to be launched too, so it should be interesting with two major festivals launching at the same time, if they actually launch.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Is The Salty Dogg definitely gone? I was talking to someone over the weekend who said her friend runs The Salty Dogg and she was already scheduled to be working for her friend at EP this year. According to this person, EP is definitely going ahead. It's all a bit confusing.
    it will almost certainly be there this year, same as Body and Soul, which has already started booking acts and hiring people.
    one of the organisers in a private email questioned how sustainable they were, but no decision or anything was made, so they should be there this year if it goes ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 buff_alo

I love the salty dog - best gig i have seen there was sea sick steve

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭Rfrip

If they cut Body and Soul, it'll take a very special line-up to take me down to Stradbally

Ya me too, if there was no body n soul then it wud be just like oxygen almost
    Nah they couldn't do it without body n soul

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

buff_alo wrote: »
    I love the salty dog - best gig i have seen there was sea sick steve

Bellowhead last year was one of the highlights of any EP

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭JohnFalstaff

Mr.S wrote: »
    Ban for life for whoever doesn't pay! :pac:

I see Joe Hart has only gone and gotten himself banned...pre-emptive strike I wonder?

Does this mean the picnic is actually going ahead?!?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Some acts on twitter saying they've been booked for EP hmmm maybe it is going ahead.

I'm guessing some form of announcement before Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

What acts? Anyone pee.in the pants exciting?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭donal666

Olaf Tyaransen @OlafTyaransen

I've just been booked for the Electric Picnic. So looks like it's all going ahead...

Means Mindfield should still be there...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

donal666 wrote: »
    this being the most relevant part of the article:
    but it's likely that certain sections of the festival - such as Mindfield, for example - are proceeding with their bookings on the assumption that the festival will proceed as usual this year and that's likely dependent on the result of mediation between POD and Festival Republic.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭Rfrip

this being the most relevant part of the article:

Oh dear

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭recyclebin

Change the band names and a few other details and then we could merge the Electric Picnic and Oxegen threads. A lot of guessing being done about both festivals but the promoters of both are not giving any info to the public.

I keep coming back to both threads and get excited to see there are new posts but then I leave disappointed as still nothing has been announced officially for either of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

New post, still no news

Sorry recyclebin :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭recyclebin

H8GHOTI wrote: »
    New post, still no news

Sorry recyclebin :pac:

:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Goldfrapp have announced they're headlining Lovebox, hoping and wishing and praying that if EP goes ahead, they'll be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Zurich Open Air festival have the Knife down for August 30th, so still plausible for the Picnic on the 31st or Sept 1st as their next gig is Bestival on the 7th. http://theknife.net/

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭macscoob

it on like donkey cong!!!! you heard it here first!

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

macscoob wrote: »
    it on like donkey cong!!!! you heard it here first!

Not sure how to interpret the above statement.

Is it "on" like this Donkey Cong (http://www.linkedin.com/pub/donkey-cong/14/706/181)?

If yes, then it may exist but there is barely a pulse... looks pretty dead to me.

Perhaps your post was a cryptic confirmation of all our worst fears - EP going ahead without Body and Soul?

Say it ain't so - please!!!!! And whatever you're saying - sources please. Otherwise people might think you're just posting wild speculation. And god knows that's not what this thread is about.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Well considering mediation is still ongoing, no one can confirm anything. D'radio is reporting that the two men are back in court today...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭TheBza

i hope its cancelled.

Just read Dylan Moran's doing the festival circuit this year. That would be amazing!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Advertisement