Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2013 *Discussion only. NO ticket sales/requests*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,772 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Toast wrote: »
    Consistently accurate with info. Assumed they work for Pod.

Didn't he/she say it was off a few weeks ago? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Eod100 wrote: »

No. They said "not looking good dudes" which it wasn't

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭LeftBlank

Eod100 wrote: »

No s/he said that it wasn't looking good.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Toast wrote: »
    Jim Carroll is great for information but you shouldn't look at his blog as traditional journalism. It is an opinion piece and it is very weighted by his personality which seems to revel in proving points he made in the past are right. As he has been predicting problems with EP for months now anything that shows it up will get waved by him as further proof.

Don't forget his massive case of 'i played that bad on my radio show last year/ as seen in the ticket <insert past date> -itis' that generally appear in every piece he writes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Mr.S wrote: »
    I wonder if thats earlybid tickets (without announcing anything but dates) to raise some quick cash :pac:
    was just thinking this. they usually announce these things early in the week, don't they? Friday is more of a "tickets onsale" day.
    maybe a few days of early birds, then announcement the following Tuesday or something?

• Advertisement

was just thinking this. they usually announce these things early in the week, don't they? Friday is more of a "tickets onsale" day.
    maybe a few days of early birds, then announcement the following Tuesday or something?

From my reading of the articles on the court case, seemed like there'd be no eb tickets this year but may have cheaper general tickets instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 fionamcfi

Oxegen just announced ... On sale next Friday ... Hmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

I wouldn't expect EP to be making any announcement in the next 7-14 days now that Oxegen will be taking the majority of media attention and ticketmaster attention for the coming two weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭exilec

I wouldn't expect EP to be making any announcement in the next 7-14 days now that Oxegen will be taking the majority of media attention and ticketmaster attention for the coming two weeks.

I would think otherwise , if electric picnic don't give some sort of clue its coming back before oxegen lineup is announced you will get a least a couple of hundred making do with oxegen. Oxegen is not my cup of tea anymore but i see why a lot of people will buy the early bird tickets if e.p is not confirmed..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

exilec wrote: »
    I would think otherwise , if electric picnic don't give some sort of clue its coming back before oxegen lineup is announced you will get a least a couple of hundred making do with oxegen. Oxegen is not my cup of tea anymore but i see why a lot of people will buy the early bird tickets if e.p is not confirmed..

They basically have until the close of business today so to make some announcement so which won't happen given the ongoing court proceedings!!!

The fact that MCD (Festival Republic) have a stake in EP won't help as they will want to first maximise Oxegen ticket sales and won't want any competition next week!!

The line-up is going to be very interesting. You would expect a very strong line-up given that the festival is only months away. A steller line-up along with the pretty good ticket price would shift 50,000 easily!! The 25,000 camping tickets will fly out the door I reckon!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

exilec wrote: »

You're pretty wrong here.

The crowd going to oxegen this year will be alot different to the EP target audience.

Oxegen this year is chart dance and hip hop.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

very little crossover in audience between EP and Oxegen really, so i don't think it makes a difference whatsoever that Oxegen is announced.
    within a day of the lineup being announced the media will have moved on, and ticketmaster are well able to accommodate both within a couple of days of each other.

i wonder if it will be a similar thing to Oxegen regarding the tickets/lineup though? as tickets for EP are apparently onsale next Friday, maybe it will be a 24hours early bird thing too, then lineup the following Monday?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

New Daft Punk song out, wouldn't it be brilliant if they played EP!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

SmokeyEyes wrote: »

:D

LOVE IT! LOVE THEM! My favourites :D

http://breathecast.christianpost.com/articles/daft-punk-new-album-2013-see-tracklist-7286/

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/exclusive-daft-punk-reveal-secrets-of-new-album-20130413

"The duo have selected Wee Waa, Australia as the location to kick off their world tour. Daft Punk will perform at the Wee Waa Showground on the night of May 17 in an event that will also be streamed online to an international audience."

Aren't they back in court on Monday? Don't think there'll be an announcement till then at the earliest.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

SmokeyEyes wrote: »

think theyve already said they wont be touring this record in 2013

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭ciaranf92

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭exilec

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Rastadoyle

Finally!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

How would you prove you've bed to the picnics apart for the ticket? Would they accept lik photos and stuff?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

That looks like a very hastily thrown together page!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

Warpaint, Sinead O'Connor, Nine Inch Nails, Alt-J.
    I demand it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

It is an amazingly poorly thought out idea. Last time they had enough problems with people just proving they had gone to the one before.

They say you can use ticketmaster records but they will only count if you bought online and maintained your account over the ten years of the picnic. It won't record ones you got from Kiosks, or at the gate of the festival or if you bought tickets on different accounts (with friends, partners, parents buying for you one year etc).

Obviously they won't even know if you are you in photos and how many people actually have photos that are going to be obviously from the picnic?

If they don't realise what a terrible idea this is and just open it up to everyone I'm pretty sure that they will pass on the discount code to anyone who makes any attempt at proof regardless of how terrible it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭seamey beag84

Awh Krrap! I only threw out my tickets and wristbands a few week ago. Feck it tho, Just happy its back on! Now back to pondering acts.. Franz Ferdinand, The Knife, Bonobo and James Blake are likely. Hoping for Darwin deez, Atoms for peace and Goldfrapp. Fingers crossed!

Think the having to prove you've been before thing will get fairly messy..

At least people will know the line-up and still be able to get cheap tickets tho!

Saw they've created a new EP twitter a/c even though the old one has 20,000 + followers. Bit odd!

James Blake would be nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

James Blake would be nice.

Not if like last time they stick him on a big outdoor open air stage in the middle of the day.

Opr

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Hopefully its a decent line up announcement ill def buy a ticket asap . And if they are clever they will announce most of the acts in this announcement due to time till the festival

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Line up will be announced Thursday.

• Advertisement

FIDLAR and Purity Ring.
    I'm very very excited.

Advertisement