Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2013 *Discussion only. NO ticket sales/requests*

Options

Comments

I have no way of proving I've been there the last 4 years. Pretty sick about that!

But YAY! It's on!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,064 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Do previous bands/tickets count as proof?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,772 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Wonder will Ticketmaster accept old wristbands? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭seamey beag84

opr wrote: »
    Not if like last time they stick him on a big outdoor open air stage in the middle of the day.

Opr
    I loved that! We were lucky with the weather, we were lying down fairly close to the stage and the sound was good. That set was one of my highlights of the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭exilec

Any word on joe hart :D wonder will he pay up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

Very interesting ticket price structure!

How do people prove being to three or more EP's?

An attempt to keep the crowd split more so between Oxegen and EP?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I suppose as well as wristbands, you could bring previous festival programmes, the festival gig guide yoke that hangs around your neck, some of the eco cups from previous editions of the festival, or even a few of the EP tshirts to prove you were at previous EPs.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Excellent. €150 quid? Bargain

This 'proving' business sounds terrible though. I have a history of my tickets on my ticketmaster account, I'd imagine a hell of a lot of people won't though.

maximoose wrote: »
    Excellent. €150 quid? Bargain

This 'proving' business sounds terrible though. I have a history of my tickets on my ticketmaster account, I'd imagine a hell of a lot of people won't though.

Ya basically if you paid in cash you've no way of proving it unless you've kept wristbands or ticket stubs (provided they accept these)!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

If they are clever they'll let people tweet them with proof pics at some hash tag which at least will create some sort of viral social advertising but right now the site specifically says Ticketmaster records (shame they only go back as far as 2008). The fact that the statement says "Ticketmaster SHOULD help with proof" makes it sound like they haven't even checked with Ticketmaster. In fact it sounds like a line out of the minutes of a meeting and that it is included in the announcement is amazingly amateurish.

Anyway I don't think people need to worry about it too much right now. As soon as they realise what a horrible mess of an idea this is they're bound to make either extremely relaxed rules to qualify or just say to hell with it and offer it to everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭monthehoops

I suppose as well as wristbands, you could bring previous festival programmes, the festival gig guide yoke that hangs around your neck, some of the eco cups from previous editions of the festival, or even a few of the EP tshirts to prove you were at previous EPs.
    I don't think they can really enforce it. I've been to the last 5 or 6 and I can't prove it.

Even the extra work poor Ticketmaster staff will have to so now looking for proof.

Daft Punk are playing Glasto.. Wonder will they play EP?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Eod100 wrote: »
    Daft Punk are playing Glasto.. Wonder will they play EP?!

They're not. It is a fake page.

Toast wrote: »
    They're not. It is a fake page.

Ah feck, you're right! Seemed too good to be true!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

The history on my ticketmaster account doesnt go back that far :confused: But on the plus side I just had a quick rummage and found wrist bands from 2010 and 2011 :cool:

threein99 wrote: »
    The history on my ticketmaster account doesnt go back that far :confused: But on the plus side I just had a quick rummage and found wrist bands from 2010 and 2011 :cool:

Give your email a quick search on the off chance you've confirmation emails from them!

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Tree Scape

There's an archive but mine only goes to 09:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭IsThisIt???

Sweet, I have 4 wristbands if they are accepting these!

Now to get 150e....

Tree Scape wrote: »
    There's an archive but mine only goes to 09:mad:

Same as mine, the 10 and 11 bookings are there but I think I bought the 09 ones off toutless.ie. Will a photo album on my facebook page be enough to prove I was there in 09 :D

Sweet, I have 4 wristbands if they are accepting these!

Now to get 150e....

Will give you 150 for the wrist bands ? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,457 ✭✭✭✭fits

I have been to every picnic except one (2010) and cant prove it :(

Just noticed the trailer park is making a return. I thought that area was pretty sh*t last year and expected something else in it's place...

To be honest I think they could get rid of the mindfield, global green (?), cookery ****e.. which probably end up with more tickets being given out than they bring in.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭IsThisIt???

Will give you 150 for the wrist bands ? :D

Actually if they do accept them I hope I don't have to give them up.
    They're prized possessions!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

With these prices there will be cutting corners, i know some of it is to get some early cost certainty but still there will be corners cut. I sincerely hope it will come in the form of getting rid of one of the 3 smaller stage tents (cosby, crawdaddy, little big tent) there were way too many clashes of the bigger names last year late at night and a load of filler on in the day.

Looks like arcadia, wont return if trailer park is mentioned again. A rave in the woods, with a broader appeal made up for it last year.

fits wrote: »
    To be honest I think they could get rid of the mindfield, global green (?), cookery ****e.. which probably end up with more tickets being given out than they bring in.

No way. I love the cultural aspect of mindfield. John Cooper Clarke was a highlight of mine last year.

If you want a music festival, go to Oxegen :P

^Each to their own, but I probably would prefer a pure music festival to be honest. Never go near the likes of mindfield, comedy tent etc... that's just me though... Would prefer money to be spent on excellent sound and excellent acts (not necessarily the most expensive)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭Rfrip

fits wrote: »
    ^Each to their own, but I probably would prefer a pure music festival to be honest. Never go near the likes of mindfield, comedy tent etc... that's just me though... Would prefer money to be spent on excellent sound and excellent acts (not necessarily the most expensive)

Surely you love body n soul at it?

Body and soul is essential for sure!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭Rfrip

So relieved its announced....no way of proving I've been to four so hope they sort something out...now bring on the line up!!

Advertisement