Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2013 *Discussion only. NO ticket sales/requests*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Tieketmaster is dog slow, surely it can't be busy with thousands of people trying to acess their order history :D

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭mickeyboymel

Facebook status updates?? .....hmm must have a look at my September posts over the years......been to 4 in a row but when moving house last year in a fit of minimising clutter, dumped all the wristbands and ticket stubs....jesus I'm usually such an anorack about this sort of stuff lol :) Only bought 1 of the 4 years off Ticketmaster online, 2 From Local Outlets and last years at the onsite Kiosk. Just relieved its back on :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

Just noticed the trailer park is making a return. I thought that area was pretty sh*t last year and expected something else in it's place...

I really liked the trailer park, the giant foxes were sexy and saw Riptide Movement there at like 2/3 in the morning, was a right lark.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Facebook status updates?? .....hmm must have a look at my September posts over the years......been to 4 in a row but when moving house last year in a fit of minimising clutter, dumped all the wristbands and ticket stubs....jesus I'm usually such an anorack about this sort of stuff lol :) Only bought 1 of the 4 years off Ticketmaster online, 2 From Local Outlets and last years at the onsite Kiosk. Just relieved its back on :)

well if you can prove you've been there once your ticket will cost you €169.50 before May 27th. Fair enough I think. You're only down €20 from the lowest price.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭Rfrip

I do have two years of the ticket mag they have on the sat and Sunday actually...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭Sergeant

I have proof on the ticketmaster site of having bought campervan tickets for two years. Always bought the tickets for the event itself at the last minute, so I'm wondering if that is enough proof.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

This is going to be based on proof of purchase sadly,

Otherwise, the lad who bought the ticket ,the lad he sold it too and his buddy who hoped the fence and took a photo of himself outside pieminister would be eligible.

I reckon this is a good way of doing things, it will encourage people to purchase early and they can start filling out the lower end of the bill better with the added cost certainty. Heaps of people hold off purchasing a ticket til the last minute in the hope ...
    they find some one flogging an early bird
    they have a better idea of the weather
    they wait til their mate no if they have the money
    they win a competition
    they get a freebie because they know someone doing something who needs a hand etc.

I certainly will be in the "feck it, i'll get one now while its cheaper brigade"

They would want to get everyone suitable band that hasnt been booked to play hear Ireland this summer yet at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Steve O

Bought my 2009 ticket on ticketmaster.ie THANK FCUK!!!!

No way am I missing the picnic this year. 169.50 is a Bargain for this great festival.

Mr.S wrote: »
    I wonder how they are going to do it, unique presale code through ticketmaster sent to emails registered to accounts that have bought tickets in the past seems most likely.

I still have my ticket in my "festivals" folder in my Hotmail account. :D

On another topic, with Queens of the Stone Age releasing their new album, dare I hope they play at the Picnic?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭budgemook

Spoken word tent is going to be there so I guess minefields will be

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Steve O wrote: »
    I still have my ticket in my "festivals" folder in my Hotmail account. :D

On another topic, with Queens of the Stone Age releasing their new album, dare I hope they play at the Picnic?

Dont no if we will see either NIN or Queens at EP since they are playing "The Made in America " festival on the 31st August/1st Sept

EDIT: Although if Queens and NIN play the 1st night of EP 30th , then that gives them 2 days to play the last night of MAde in America

Dont no if we will see either NIN or Queens at EP since they are playing "The Made in America " festival on the 31st August/1st Sept

EDIT: Although if Queens and NIN play the 1st night of EP 30th , then that gives them 2 days to play the last night of MAde in America

Can't see that to be honest! Hope Aphex twin plays at least

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Dunno why everyone is searching their Ticketmaster history. "149.50 if you can prove you've been to the three or more picnics".

Grand so, just take a few pictures of yourself and the family/friends having a few sandwiches, taytos and some tea out in the sun and your sorted :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,064 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Toast wrote: »
    If they are clever they'll let people tweet them with proof pics at some hash tag which at least will create some sort of viral social advertising but right now the site specifically says Ticketmaster records (shame they only go back as far as 2008). The fact that the statement says "Ticketmaster SHOULD help with proof" makes it sound like they haven't even checked with Ticketmaster. In fact it sounds like a line out of the minutes of a meeting and that it is included in the announcement is amazingly amateurish.

Anyway I don't think people need to worry about it too much right now. As soon as they realise what a horrible mess of an idea this is they're bound to make either extremely relaxed rules to qualify or just say to hell with it and offer it to everyone.

I have been to every single Picnic but I don't think I can prove I've been to any of them. I probably have a couple of ticket stubs and bands in a box, but if its purely on ticketmaster then I'm at a loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Conbhar

:) Great stuff, best news I've heard all year probably. I wonder if ticketmaster would have my name on their database from last year. I didn't buy online but when I went to buy the tickets from my local ticketmaster the guy behind the counter took my name down encase there was a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

While it's good to see it confirmed, it's a horribly, unorganised system with this 'prove you've been to 3 festivals' stuff. People who didn't buy online are set to lose out, unless they actually kept all the stuff, and even then it seems that may not be enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Anyone else suspicious of the price €90 cheaper than the usual!! I mean its great but the promotors aren't in this for the craic!
    I feel there's going to be a big catch, ill arrive there with my slab of beer and be told I can't take it in or something drastic to make up the difference!

I can prove three years via ticketmaster, I assume I can buy x2 tickets @€;150??

• Registered Users Posts: 13,457 ✭✭✭✭fits

I can only prove for the ONE year I didn't go lol! Bought the ticket early bird on ticketmaster and sold it on...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Fatfrog wrote: »
    the promotors aren't in this for the craic! ...
    I can prove three years via ticketmaster, I assume I can buy x2 tickets @€;150??

They won't ban beer but I haven't the highest hopes after seeing the website. When they did the loyalty deal last time it was one cheap ticket per household. Not sure how they'll do it this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭phunks

http://2013.bestival.net/line-up

Bestival is on only a few days later so there might be a bit of a crossover. There is a few bands there that would be great additions to EP The Knife, Bombay etc. There is also a strong enough dance line up too that I would imagine don't require huge fees.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Toast wrote: »
    It is an amazingly poorly thought out idea. Last time they had enough problems with people just proving they had gone to the one before.

They say you can use ticketmaster records but they will only count if you bought online and maintained your account over the ten years of the picnic. It won't record ones you got from Kiosks, or at the gate of the festival or if you bought tickets on different accounts (with friends, partners, parents buying for you one year etc).

Obviously they won't even know if you are you in photos and how many people actually have photos that are going to be obviously from the picnic?

If they don't realise what a terrible idea this is and just open it up to everyone I'm pretty sure that they will pass on the discount code to anyone who makes any attempt at proof regardless of how terrible it is.

I can see folk explaining to ticketmaster staff, yeh thats me in the photo outside the Electric Arena in my Flat Eric costume. :pac::pac:

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

phunks wrote: »
    http://2013.bestival.net/line-up

Bestival is on only a few days later so there might be a bit of a crossover. There is a few bands there that would be great additions to EP The Knife, Bombay etc. There is also a strong enough dance line up too that I would imagine don't require huge fees.

The lineups are normally very similar

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

peteeeed wrote: »
    The lineups are normally very similar

Fleet wood mac would go down nicely!! I think the picnic line up practically writes itself without too much bother (Dare i say it) but the dance acts will be the proving grounds for the new EP chief(s)! It will make or break the crowd type and ultimately the future of the EP (as we know it)

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭NotInventedHere

I havn't seen Carl Cox in years

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 78 ✭✭ponceprhea

If you can prove you have been to 1 or 3 electric picnics, how many tickets can you buy at the reduced rate?

Is it just for yourself or for your friends too, as I always bought 2 tickets each time??

Its not very clear!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

I knew there was a reason to keep these on

nKQZNTI.jpg

and I have 2 more upstairs that have fallen off.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Mr.S wrote: »
    You call that collection, pfff! I once had like 12 on :pac:

my e-penis is tiny compared to yours :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

I have email confirmation of 3 purchases from the last few years. What do I bring in to the ticketmaster desk? Printed emails, or can I show on a smart phone?
    And each purchase was for 4 tickets-does that mean I can get 4 for the reduced price now?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Anyone else suspicious of the price €90 cheaper than the usual!! I mean its great but the promotors aren't in this for the craic!
    I feel there's going to be a big catch, ill arrive there with my slab of beer and be told I can't take it in or something drastic to make up the difference!
    i wouldn't be at all surprised if there's no music on the main stages on the Friday night. just B&S, Salty Dog, Trenchtown etc. open for people camping, then main arena open on Saturday and Sunday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Lenny5

I think there is a gud chance the Smashing Pumpkins will be playin EP. They will be touring Europe this summer.

Advertisement