Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2013 *Discussion only. NO ticket sales/requests*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Lenny5

I think there is a gud chance The Smashing Pumpkins will play this year. European tour this summer with no Irish date yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭A.Gorilla

Fatboy slim,bjork and arctic monkeys.....

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭sue z

Lenny5 wrote: »
    I think there is a gud chance The Smashing Pumpkins will play this year. European tour this summer with no Irish date yet.

That would be the Business!! :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Mr.S wrote: »
    You call that collection, pfff! I once had like 12 on :pac:

9 from one summer :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

http://www.oxegen.ie/line-up-demo/

The **** is this? :O

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

the 2010 lineup.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

I made the same mistake!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

Thank fudge, I'm seriously hoping that Jamie T, Laura Marling and Kate Nash play Picnic.

Any idea who's rumored to be up for this?

Would love to see Flaming Lips and the Walkmen over from Bestival!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

It's a similar line-up to 2010. Not the exact line-up though...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

dates at the top are 9 10 11th july its already been confirmed its aug bank holiday weekend

dates at the top are 9 10 11th july its already been confirmed its aug bank holiday weekend

Isn't it on 30th August - 1st September?

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

Isn't it on 30th August - 1st September?

i was referring to the supposed oxegen line up above

i was referring to the supposed oxegen line up above

Arcade Fire played in 2010. Hence, what I said.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭budgemook

keeping those wrist bands on your arm for years is a bit disgusting tbh

it's missing the headliner on each stage, because the code has a link to the band's logo on each stge, but the actual image files aren't there, so aren't showing up on that page.
    the rest is the same from what i can tell:
    OXEGEN_2010_POSTER.jpg

it's missing the headliner on each stage, because the code has a link to the band's logo on each stge, but the actual image files aren't there, so aren't showing up on that page.
    the rest is the same from what i can tell:
    OXEGEN_2010_POSTER.jpg

So it's similar but not the exact same then! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭recyclops

Someone posts who the headliners are and gets ignored haha, surprised it really took so long to get posted tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

budgemook wrote: »
    keeping those wrist bands on your arm for years is a bit disgusting tbh

How? Sure they are washed and cleaned every time I shower. Like any jewelry Dirty maybe a bit but wouldn't do so far as to say disgusting

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭A.Gorilla

recyclops wrote: »
    Someone posts who the headliners are and gets ignored haha, surprised it really took so long to get posted tbh.

Makes me sad :(

• Advertisement

Apart from Arctic Monkeys, I really hope that they are not to be the headliners. Unless Johnny Marr is headlining another stage at the same time, in which case they can bang on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭recyclops

They are the headliners.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,456 ✭✭✭✭fits

I feel sad :(

Might go to this one this year, since I'm in the area... although I did have a great time in Stradbally last year.

http://www.flowfestival.com/en/program/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,772 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

A.Gorilla wrote: »
    Fatboy slim,bjork and arctic monkeys.....

Really? Wouldn't have thought Fatboy Slim was still headliner material! Not mad about the other 2 either! :/

How do ye know they're the headliners?

would be surprised if Fatboy Slim is a headliner. he's playing in Jersey on the Saturday night of EP, so if he is a headliner, then EP must be scrapping the "Saturday main stage dance headliner" of the past.
    he also doesn't do live sets, just DJing, which would be pretty crap for a headliner. i saw a bit of his set from Tomorrowland last year on youtube, it was absolute sh1t, completely cheesey songs with him jumping around waving his hands about like a tit.

Bjork would be a good name to get, and she's playing Berlin festival the week after, which seems to be the "german festival" that FR were involved with last year that John Reynolds claims is the reason The Killers were booked. My Bloody Valentine are playing there too though, and would seem more likely to be at EP....

Arctic Monkey - mainstream success but still some indie credibility, would work well for the Sunday headliner, like The Killers last year....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭budgemook

danniemcq wrote: »
    How? Sure they are washed and cleaned every time I shower. Like any jewelry Dirty maybe a bit but wouldn't do so far as to say disgusting

Was probably ott in fairness

Arctic Monkeys would be leagues better then the Killers, Bjork would be deadly as well. Wouldn't be overly gone on Fatboy Slim though.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Arctic Monkeys would be leagues better then the Killers, Bjork would be deadly as well. Wouldn't be overly gone on Fatboy Slim though.

Id disagree , im not a massive fan of either band but after seeing AM at Oxegen 11 they were pretty boring not real interaction with the crowd etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Mr.S wrote: »
    I really must check thread titles before posting...

----

Fatboy slim as a headliner would be disappointing.

Bjork is a fantastic headliner.

Arctic Monkeys, this years Killers? .

If they are the headliners, they could have done worse tbf, none of the acts are awful. Arctic Monkeys will draw in a huge crowd if they headline too. ($$$$)

Fatboy slim headlined/late night in 2005' (I think) I wasn't keen beforehand but he was actually vey good.

Arctic monkeys!! Uuugggghhh

Advertisement