Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2013 *Discussion only. NO ticket sales/requests*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Lenny5 wrote: »
    I think there is a gud chance The Smashing Pumpkins will play this year. European tour this summer with no Irish date yet.

I would have a cum attack if the pumpkins were on the bill!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

This my list, some of these are wishful thinking, most have played the ep before.
    It would be savage to get some of these for the 10th year

Chemical bros
    M83
    REM
    Bjork
    Smashing pumpkins
    Goldfrapp
    Daft punk
    Supergrass
    Moby
    Foster the people
    David Bowie
    Massive attack (without the Gail force wind and rain)
    The foals
    Underworld (in a tent!!)
    DJ shadow
    Roysksopp
    The Flaming Lips
    Sigur Rós
    Groove Armada
    Beastie boys
    Ben Howard (not likely)
    Ryan Sheridan
    John Grant
    The feeling
    Boards of Canada
    Dirtyphonics
    Robin
    Youth bass
    Gemma Hayes
    Lisa Hannigan
    John Grant
    Daughter
    Sugar hill gang

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

I don't think there's a musician on the planet I want to see live more than Björk. Please please please, Electric Picnic.

Also Nine Inch Nails. Going to lose my ****ing reason at that.

The Flaming Lips live show is way better now as well, no more backing tracks, everything's live on stage, and they're starting to play songs they've never played before. Can't ****ing wait, been my favourite band since I was 12, so excited to see them now that their live shows aren't the same as they were in 2000. Though with all the news about Wayne and Michelle splitting 'cause of Wayne chasing around 21 year old groupies, I'll be printing some "WHY ISN'T WAYNE COYNE SOUND ANYMORE?" tshirts. PM me with sizes :p

• Registered Users Posts: 16 reckoner

Very thrown together page on the website, will be interesting to see if they can clarify the vagueness surrounding the tickets. Also, why set up a new twitter account for yourself.....whiffs of amateurs/schoolboy errors.

I'v been to 3 EP's.....but bought mine all by cash from ticketmaster outlets. In terms of proof, i have wristbands for 2 years, maybe a few eco-friendly cups and could rattle together a photo album for the lovely people at ticketmaster? (minus the scratch 'n' sniff feature of course :D)

Seems very unfair to a lot of people. They'll either have to be very lenient and almost open it up to everybody who claims they've been or else scrap it.

Other than that, Radiohead for the lineup? :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

I've been to four Electric Picnics. A brief rummage through my ticket stub box and I can only find one ticket from previous years (and as it would have it, that was the only year I purchased my EP ticket online from Ticketmaster). So it looks like my only method of proof are wristbands (for two of years at least).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Steve O

Bjork would be amazing on the Friday night, a perfect start.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,133 ✭✭✭dinneenp

My bloody valentine to play? They have no Irish gigs announced yet, played EP before...I'd go for them alone.
    I'd ever go to Oxygen for 1 day to see them.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

I think MBV and the flaming lips are Certs for this also the knife . Reckon Jurassic 5 will be added too as they are coming to Europe for festivals this summer . Franz Ferdinand , polyphonic spree, m.i.a etc playing bestival should play also

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Would love to see Animal Collective at the festival. Dunno whether they'd play it, but they're playing a week later in America following a two month gap from tour dates in July so in terms of being available they seem to be.

Had hoped in January that the likes of Foals, The National and Beach House would play the festival. Wouldn't mind seeing the Artic Monkeys though I'm not overly gone on their last two albums. I didn't go to the Killers last year, whereas I would go see the Arctic Monkeys if they played.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Animal Collective would be amazing. Would love to see Flaming Lips, MBV, Bjork, so looking very good so far. Also I like Arctic Monkeys, I seen them live at Oxegen in '11 and while they aren't an amazing live band I do like a lot of their stuff.

Wishful thinking would be The Walkmen, Wild Beasts, The Antlers, Foals, Local Natives, heck may aswell throw Jeff Mangum in there whille we're dreaming!

• Advertisement

Animal Collective would be amazing. Would love to see Flaming Lips, MBV, Bjork, so looking very good so far. Also I like Arctic Monkeys, I seen them live at Oxegen in '11 and while they aren't an amazing live band I do like a lot of their stuff.

Wishful thinking would be The Walkmen, Wild Beasts, The Antlers, Foals, Local Natives, heck may aswell throw Jeff Mangum in there whille we're dreaming!

Wild Beasts were brilliant last year. Don't see them coming back though. Good shout on Local Natives, but unfortunately they're playing Longitude and their own gig in October (I think)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

peteeeed wrote: »
    I think MBV and the flaming lips are Certs for this also the knife . Reckon Jurassic 5 will be added too as they are coming to Europe for festivals this summer . Franz Ferdinand , polyphonic spree, m.i.a etc playing bestival should play also

Someone who knows what they're talking about!

I'd fully expect MBV to be a headliner due to them playing pretty much every festival around this summer but not on any festival bill thus far.

Also do people really view the knife as headline material - i certainly don't. a decent band sure but that's about it.

J5 would be alot of fun all in all I can't see the line up being good enough to get me to go. It'll still be over priced with a 90% chance of rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Other acts floating around Europe around that time:

Playing Rock en Seine, France, 23-25 August
    The Bloody Beetroots Live
    Vitalic

Playing End of the Road, UK, 30 August-1 Septmeber
    Warpaint
    Dinosaur Jr
    Belle and Sebastian
    David Byrne & St Vincent
    Eels
    Sharon Jones & the Dap-Kings

Playing Berlin Festival, Germany, 6-7 September
    Björk
    Pet Shop Boys
    My Bloody Valentine
    Tomahawk
    DJ Shadow
    Klaxons

Built to Spill begin a European tour on 3 September...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭budgemook

Have been to many a picnic and can prove it although doesn't really matter as I can only go on the Sunday this year. I already know that it's going to be really difficult to take when all of the bands I want to see are announced but are playing the Friday and Saturday :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Adrian Duffy playing

http://www.yourlocalguardian.co.uk/leisure/freetime/10308954.Folk_singer_Duffy_returns_to_Twickenham/
    Folk singer Adrian Duffy is returning to Twickenham this month after working in Sweden and in sessions for Robbie Williams.

Duffy and his brothers were working in Sweden with First Aid Kit and are currently in the mix for slots at this year’s New Forest Folk , Beautiful Days and Electric Picnic festivals.

Duffy says: “2012 turned out to be pretty good for us, what with two EPs released, supports and sessions for Robbie Williams, Beth Orton, First Aid Kit and Mike Scott & The Waterboys, an award for Irish Radio Artist of the Month from IASCA for Everytime the Love Strikes as well as seven weeks rotation on RTE Radio One.”

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

I'd kill to see Dinosaur Jr.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Jim Carroll has confirmed the headliners that have already been posted on this thread.
    ...Electric Picnic tickets to see Fatboy Slim (Friday), Bjork (Saturday) and the Arctic Monkeys (Sunday).

I'd be happy that is as good as confirmed at this point.

Edit: actually someone over at the EP forums pointed out in the context of the paragraph he is linking to a story about fake internet stories so he may be actually distancing himself from this rumour. Best read the full article for context and then make a decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭exilec

Bought e.p tickets online for 2012 and 2009 which is showing on my account. Paid cash for 2011 the first day that early birds came out. I know it was a friday prob in november. Does anyone know the exact date (remember buying oxegen presale in same transaction first release day for both) he took my surname.Might give me a bit of weight in my arguement for discount tickets. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

His twitter interactions on the article aren't helping clear things up as he seems to go from suggesting he is right to suggesting he is just speculating.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

exilec wrote: »
    Bought e.p tickets online for 2012 and 2009 which is showing on my account. Paid cash for 2011 the first day that early birds came out. I know it was a friday prob in november. Does anyone know the exact date (remember buying oxegen presale in same transaction first release day for both) he took my surname.Might give me a bit of weight in my arguement for discount tickets. Cheers
    i have a receipt for the Loyalty one for Wednesday 16th Nov 2011.
    from what I can remember, the early bird tickets went onsale the week after, so I reckon it would be Fri 25th?

e:
    http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:vlQ9SeN18XQJ:electricpicnic.ie/2012earlybirdticketsonsale+&cd=3&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Yeah, Carroll definitely reads this and responds to us. We are very important people and we are arguably directing which stories OTR will cover. Any chance you could mention me by my username next time Jim?!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Am i the only one hoping that the Bjork/Fatboy Slim/Artic Monkeys rumours aren't true?

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭exilec

i have a receipt for the Loyalty one for Wednesday 16th Nov 2011.
    from what I can remember, the early bird tickets went onsale the week after, so I reckon it would be Fri 25th?

e:
    http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:vlQ9SeN18XQJ:electricpicnic.ie/2012earlybirdticketsonsale+&cd=3&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ie

cheers , thanks:cool:
    Hoping with the 2 online booking, and if i give them the date and time with my surname that should be enough ..:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Not sure if this has been linked already - www.goldenplec.com/festivals/electric-picnic-2/electric-picnic-2013/

They have a list of rumoured acts but surely they must be right on some of them.

Jeffrey Lewis
    Olaf Tyransen
    Massive Attack
    Alabama shakes
    Atoms For Peace
    Band of Horses
    Biffy Clyro
    Bat For Lashes
    Bjork
    Foals
    Franz Ferdinand
    Editors
    Daft Punk
    Jake Bugg
    Johnny Marr
    Kendrick Lamar
    The Knife
    The Lumineers
    Major Lazer
    Nine Inch Nails
    Tame Impala
    Arctic Monkeys
    MIA
    Bombay Bicycle Club
    The Flaming Lips
    Wu Tang Clan
    Belle & Sebastian
    My Bloody Valentine
    System Of A Down
    Jessie Ware
    Sinead O’ Connor
    James Blake
    Johnny Marr
    Bastille
    Alt-J
    The Strypes
    Dexys
    Caravan Palace
    Delorentos
    Hackney Empire
    The Roots
    Savages
    The Walkman
    John Cooper Clark
    Codes
    Laura Mvula
    Billy Bragg
    HAIM
    Hurts
    The 2 Bears
    Portishead
    First Aid Kit
    Olaf Tyransen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

danniemcq wrote: »
    Am i the only one hoping that the Bjork/Fatboy Slim/Artic Monkeys rumours aren't true?

I really hope the Bjork rumour is true, but you won't catch me near the main stage if Fatboy Slim and Arctic Monkeys are the headline acts.

Not sure if this has been linked already - www.goldenplec.com/festivals/electric-picnic-2/electric-picnic-2013/

They have a list of rumoured acts but surely they must be right on some of them.

Jeffrey Lewis
    Olaf Tyransen
    Massive Attack
    Alabama shakes
    Atoms For Peace
    Band of Horses
    Biffy Clyro
    Bat For Lashes
    Bjork
    Foals
    Franz Ferdinand
    Editors
    Daft Punk
    Jake Bugg
    Johnny Marr
    Kendrick Lamar
    The Knife
    The Lumineers
    Major Lazer
    Nine Inch Nails
    Tame Impala
    Arctic Monkeys
    MIA
    Bombay Bicycle Club
    The Flaming Lips
    Wu Tang Clan
    Belle & Sebastian
    My Bloody Valentine
    System Of A Down
    Jessie Ware
    Sinead O’ Connor
    James Blake
    Johnny Marr
    Bastille
    Alt-J
    The Strypes
    Dexys
    Caravan Palace
    Delorentos
    Hackney Empire
    The Roots
    Savages
    The Walkman
    John Cooper Clark
    Codes
    Laura Mvula
    Billy Bragg
    HAIM
    Hurts
    The 2 Bears
    Portishead
    First Aid Kit
    Olaf Tyransen

Olaf Tyransen...so good he made it twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

danniemcq wrote: »
    Bjork and Arctic Monkeys are pretty much perfect fit for EP headliners.

i'd rather Fatboy Slim isn't true, seeing as he's been useless for years, and the music he plays live is terrible:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Bjork is the last artist is the last on my list of artists to see live...

I would murder to see her

Bjork and Arctic Monkeys are pretty much perfect fit for EP headliners.

i'd rather Fatboy Slim isn't true, seeing as he's been useless for years, and the music he plays live is terrible:

That's hilarious haha, funniest thing is the amount of people there to see him. I reckon I could produce a similar sound by recording the noise my fridge makes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Glad i was wrong, and that it's going ahead. I am a bit Surprised it's going ahead though, given all the shíte that's going on behind the scene.
    Hopefully they are able to carry it off now. I would love if Alunageorge was on the bill.

Fatboy Slim seems like a joke tbh. We'll see on Thursday i guess..

Advertisement