Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2013 *Discussion only. NO ticket sales/requests*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

If Daft Punk are there I will eat my hat.

The lads have been working on their new album since 2008 so I sincerely doubt they're going to jump into a worldwide tour.

They've also said in interviews they don't plan on touring this year - http://consequenceofsound.net/2013/04/daft-punk-discuss-random-access-memories-tour-plans-collaboration-with-kanye-west/

I'm going to stick with my original guess of 2017 before we see them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

The goldenplec rumour list is pretty much every random rumour posted in this thread at some point. I'd be surprised if there's a greater than 50% hit rate in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

The guy who does the rock report on Phantom mentioned the three talked of here, as well as MBV and "the Roses." I reckon that he is probably only four-fifths correct there, alas.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

The good thing about Fatboy Slim being there is that he can be avoided :pac:

Would love to see Bjork and won't mind Arctic Monkeys at all. Bring on Thursday!

Anyone hear anything about The Postal Service?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

That would be a thing of beauty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Johnny Marr has confirmed. Absolutely delighted. I hope he isn't playing at the same time as the AM on the Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭bazalicous

YYYYYYYEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS IT'S GOING AHEAD!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

That would be a thing of beauty.

Hopefully the Picnic over Oxegen. Or even just a standalone gig would be great. Olympia preferably.

If they are showing up anywhere it would be at Forbidden Fruit but I reckon if they had them they'd have said by now. Their tour goes back to the states after June and last date is August so I think they're very unlikely to travel back for EP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭roll

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭beansybeansy

Went throught the proposed list. Highlighted in Bold are acts that are actively touring Europe this summer and have EP shaped gaps in their schedule. Comments were for my own amusement only, but am serious about Portishead. No excuses, they have to be there

Bjork
    Arctic Monkeys
    Fatboy Slim
    Massive Attack
    Alabama shakes
    Atoms For Peace
    Band of Horses
    Biffy Clyro
    Bat For Lashes (touring US in August)
    Foals (playing longtitude so I’d say not)
    Franz Ferdinand
    Editors (playing Italian fest on the 1st so possible)
    Daft Punk (Ive booked them for a wedding that weekend so sorry lads)
    Jake Bugg (playing longtitude so I’d say not)
    Kendrick Lamar
    The Knife
    The Lumineers
    Major Lazer
    Nine Inch Nails (playing Philidelphia on the 31st of August so no chance)
    Tame Impala
    MIA
    Bombay Bicycle Club
    The Flaming Lips
    Wu Tang Clan
    Belle & Sebastian
    My Bloody Valentine
    System Of A Down
    Jessie Ware
    Sinead O’ Connor
    (sure what else would she be doing on a Saturday afternoon? Trip to Ikea?)
    James Blake
    Johnny Marr
    Bastille
    Alt-J
    The Strypes
    ( they have been boasting about this for months, no shocker there)
    Dexys
    Caravan Palace (not booked for any gigs in Europe after June so would say they are taking their holiers then)
    Delorentos
    Hackney Empire
    The Roots
    Savages
    The Walkman
    John Cooper Clark
    Codes
    Laura Mvula
    Billy Bragg
    (of course he will be there, sure hes coming to picket on behalf of the civil servants that weekend #crokepark2)
    HAIM (playing Philidelphia on the 31st of August so no chance)
    Hurts (absolutely, sure the y have bought new suits, got to get their moneys worth)
    The 2 Bears
    Portishead (this will happen, failure is not an option)
    First Aid Kit
    Olaf Tyransen (Sure he can’t keep a secret)

Would also add,
    David Byrne & St Vincent
    Warpaint
    Frightened Rabbit
    Dinosaur Jr

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Don't know why System of a Down are on the list. Nine Inch Nails also playing in Switzerland the same weekend as Electric Picnic so a very tight squeeze if they're booked for a festival in the US as well (personally I'm holding out for a headline gig before Reading/Leeds).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Johnny Marr has confirmed. Absolutely delighted. I hope he isn't playing at the same time as the AM on the Sunday
    didn't take Phantom long to spot your post :D
    http://www.phantom.ie/page/190.195/2370/0/News---Johnny-Marr-confirms-Electric-Picnic-appearance

• Registered Users Posts: 5,560 ✭✭✭bennyl10

any chance Green Day could make an appearance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Steve O

bennyl10 wrote: »

I hope not.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

bennyl10 wrote: »

Even as a Green Day fan I hope not

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 37 Darkwarriorcok

squarepusher & aphex twin

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

squarepusher & aphex twin

squarepusher might come back, for another 18k :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,772 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Mr.S wrote: »
    I'd say Reynolds is holding the password hostage :D

I wouldn't be surprised if that was true! :P Along with the facebook page - no updates on it. You'd think they'd be drumming up publicity!

Seems like Ticketmaster are dodging answering questions about proof for the discounts..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,772 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Spoke too soon..

Ticketmaster are saying on twitter that wristbands and tickets should count as proof.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Gramsey

Wu Tang Clan would be amazing,they need to make it happen.

Also Kendrick Lamar definitely won't be at this.

Eod100 wrote: »
    Spoke too soon..

Ticketmaster are saying on twitter that wristbands and tickets should count as proof.

I wonder how that's going to work? What's to stop people using each others bands as proof? Is there numbers on the wristbands?

They couldn't take them off people who've held on to them for years!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

I wonder how that's going to work? What's to stop people using each others bands as proof? Is there numbers on the wristbands?

They couldn't take them off people who've held on to them for years!
    i'd say Ticketmaster don't really give a ****e and will dish them out to whoever shows them any half-arsed attempt at "being there 3 times".

it sounds like TM didn't know too much about it before Friday, and EP didn't bother to properly think it through, or at least think to tell anyone what the criteria was as they were in a rush after Oxegen's announcement, going on the homepage announcement that looks like it was done in Powerpoint in a few hours.

Can we start telling anyone who asks the proof question again that they have to write a five page* essay on each of the EPs they attended and post them online to qualify? :pac:

*the definition of what will count as a page will be announced at a later date so feel free to speculate wildly what sort of page size will be accepted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

A4... NO... A3...
    Jesus this is pressure.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

A4... NO... A3...
    Jesus this is pressure.

double space and make paragraphs 1.5

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭tylercheribini

I bought all my tickets online through ticketmaster website. Surely this would be a quick and convenient way for them to check my proof of attendance? I realise not everyone would have purchased tickets by this method but alot would have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Beardyman

Phew ticketmaster history has my €150 tickets in the bag. Wonder how the wristband proof will work?? Unless they take them off you there'll be plenty swapped/shared/traded to get the cheaper tickets. Hmm...maybe mine are worth a few quid?!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

I have two wristbands (sadly both for 09) that I've no need for. Anyone that isn't that guy^ wants them PM me and I'll post you them :pac:

Advertisement