Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2013 *Discussion only. NO ticket sales/requests*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Joekers

Whens the line up due to be announced?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

Love the Bacardi area at ep the musics always good and the mojitos are amazing but some of the bar staff are so far up their own holes im amazed they manage to serve any drinks at all:p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Joekers wrote: »
    Whens the line up due to be announced?

Thursday

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Conbhar

They do a savage mojito though when your just beered out of it :)

Indeed they do but jesus they could go easier on the ice ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

I can see Iggy & The Stooges as part of the line-up. Releasing their new album next week (which isn't a train wreck, thankfully) and they've a handful of European festivals lined up already.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Deirdre5

Oxegen line-up announced. twitter.com/oxegenofficial
    Looks like this will draw a rough crowd and will keep them away from Electric Picnic

• Registered Users Posts: 11,772 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Deirdre5 wrote: »
    Looks like this will draw a rough crowd and will keep them away from Electric Picnic

I don't get this fear that the scary Oxegen crowd is somehow going to take over EP.. If it was going to happen any year it would've been last year when Oxegen wasn't on. Both festivals attract a different crowd in terms of age/music taste etc. Don't think there's any chance of a significant crossover crowd!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Deirdre5 wrote: »

Even the rough crowd might turn their noses up at that sh|te :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Oooh I love this thread

So glad it's back to get all excited for it... even if it's a bit away yet

I have the last 3 years wristbands on my wrist still :|

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Dunno if it's already been linked, but they made a new facebook http://www.facebook.com/EPfestival?fref=ts

• Advertisement

Dunno if it's already been linked, but they made a new facebook http://www.facebook.com/EPfestival?fref=ts

Wonder if that means Reynolds has been ditched/jumped ship.. Why else would they stop using a page with 100k + fans

I thought there was a court case and stuff going on with him about the festival or something!?

-=al=- wrote: »
    I thought there was a court case and stuff going on with him about the festival or something!?

Yeah there was, it got adjourned for mediation but think they were due back in court yesterday. Must have been resolved anyway but just find it odd that they'd create new fb/twitter accounts and have to start with 0 fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

Interesting stuff about the facebook page, i would normally thing nothing of it but the old page always had the look of someone in the pod office in charge of it based on promos they had of other gigs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭ceegee

Looks like itll be easy enough to get the discount going by their facebook post, pretty sure most people would be able to borrow "official merchandise" off friends to cover 3 years.

it was a nonsense idea from the start, only place it would work would be the likes of Glastonbury where you register to buy tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Niamh_101

I've never been Electric Picnic so what is it like? Any rumours? . I was more of an Oxegen gal but won't be going after hearing that shocking lineup.

ceegee wrote: »
    Looks like itll be easy enough to get the discount going by their facebook post, pretty sure most people would be able to borrow "official merchandise" off friends to cover 3 years.

it was a nonsense idea from the start, only place it would work would be the likes of Glastonbury where you register to buy tickets

It also may have been of use if they didn't take the whole ticket and left people with the stubs!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Niamh_101 wrote: »
    I've never been Electric Picnic so what is it like? Any rumours? . I was more of an Oxegen gal but won't be going after hearing that shocking lineup.

Electric Picnic was brilliant the two times I went (2010, 2011). Great atmosphere with the crowd, good music, Body & Soul & Mindfield give it something different. Always some new acts to find at it. Lineup will still need to be quality to make me go; even with the reduced ticket prices it does end up being an expensive weekend (for me anyway).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

Going by the Facebook reaction to the Oxegen lineup, there will be a lot of new EP attendees this year.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152296206915260&set=a.355295290259.199388.65633730259&type=1&theater

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

sadie06 wrote: »
    Going by the Facebook reaction to the Oxegen lineup, there will be a lot of new EP attendees this year.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152296206915260&set=a.355295290259.199388.65633730259&type=1&theater

To be fair even with the woeful line-up I can't see there being much of a crossover between the two bar maybe on the Sunday if Arctic Monkeys are on, I'd imagine there would be a few for that!

Roll on Thursday!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Niamh_101 wrote: »
    check out these 2 videos. the 2nd is made by Vodafone, so has some of their stuff in it, but still gives a good indication of what it's like:

Such a good festival over the last few years. 2010 and 11 were amazing for me... but last year the weather totally just made the whole thing unbelievable

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

i just posted on their FB page and they said they will accept pics from the festival as proof, i reckon everyone will be let buy the cheapest option

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭theflesh

I noticed the updates on the new page are being posted from London, another sign it's being controlled by Festival Republic instead of POD. Presumably the mediation didn't go so well if they couldn't even agree to share the password to the old page.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Anyone know if any of the usual boutique camping crowds have confirmed they'll be there? Have emailed Festihut twice and no response yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭sassyj

Anyone know if any of the usual boutique camping crowds have confirmed they'll be there? Have emailed Festihut twice and no response yet.

Festihut will be there, price has gone up to €750 this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭Rfrip

sassyj wrote: »
    Festihut will be there, price has gone up to €750 this year![/quote

I got response from festihuts...still unsure of them or our usual stay in the squrts

Oh cool, thanks, going to stick with them :)

sassyj wrote: »
    Festihut will be there, price has gone up to €750 this year!

How many people fit in one of them? Their website isn't the best for info!

• Advertisement

Eod100 wrote: »
    How many people fit in one of them? Their website isn't the best for info!

Well there's 2 bunk beds in a hut so 4 single beds.

Advertisement