Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2013 *Discussion only. NO ticket sales/requests*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭Rfrip

They seem to be all cramped together whereas in the squrt they were spaced apart n had lots of room between each one..I like the idea of actual bed n mattress in these

I was a princess in a previous life ya see

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Well there's 2 bunk beds in a hut so 4 single beds.

I assume its €750/4 yea? Fook that buy an air mattress €20-€30 quid well worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

So any ideas how this going to be announced tomorrow, what radio station will be giving the line up.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

So any ideas how this going to be announced tomorrow, what radio station will be giving the line up.

Line-up not announced til Thursday I believe!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Fatfrog wrote: »
    I assume its €750/4 yea? Fook that buy an air mattress €20-€30 quid well worth it

You're not just paying for beds. Well worth it for me :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

I was just on Alt-J's website and they are in the US and Canada at EP time. I'm pretty disappointed. They would be near the top of my wish-list this year.

Roll on tomorrow....

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Hammer91

How confident are we of Arctic Monkeys playing??

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Eod100 wrote: »
    I don't get this fear that the scary Oxegen crowd is somehow going to take over EP.. If it was going to happen any year it would've been last year when Oxegen wasn't on. Both festivals attract a different crowd in terms of age/music taste etc. Don't think there's any chance of a significant crossover crowd!

last year attracted a pretty grim crowd tbh. hopefully with oxegen on it will turn the tables around a bit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

last year attracted a pretty grim crowd tbh. hopefully with oxegen on it will turn the tables around a bit

Really? I just don't get this. Was at the fringe of the crowd for The Killers for a little while and can honestly say that was the only time things got a bit mental all weekend. Surely that's allowed. It's not a retreat, it's a music festival!

Even with a child with us, I never felt uncomfortable once. People were so nice to him all weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Marseyred

Anyone know if any of the usual boutique camping crowds have confirmed they'll be there? Have emailed Festihut twice and no response yet.

Yurtsandsqurts.co.uk are definately going to be there!! I have my squrt booked already....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

sadie06 wrote: »
    Really? I just don't get this. Was at the fringe of the crowd for The Killers for a little while and can honestly say that was the only time things got a bit mental all weekend. Surely that's allowed. It's not a retreat, it's a music festival!

Even with a child with us, I never felt uncomfortable once. People were so nice to him all weekend.

ah the campsites went to the dogs a bit last year, last maybe 3 years its gone from what it was, which people are still grasping at, to what it is, which isnt a boutique festival anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Hammer91 wrote: »
    How confident are we of Arctic Monkeys playing??

As far as internet rumours go they've got that rare combination of completely possible but not exciting enough that anyone would fake. Given the Oxegen backlash and the need for an accessible Sunday headliner to sell day tickets I'd put them as a very likely. We'll know for sure tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

What is with the hatred of the Arctic Monkeys? The first two albums were great lyrically, and, although I hate to describe them as I am about to, they have great energy live. Everyone knows the lyrics.

The had a huge amount of hype going on around them but they didn't buy into it like their predecessors the Gallaghers or Ian Brown.

They also are very talented. Matt Helders is as good a drummer to come out of the NME scene as we have seen in the last 25 years. He is possibly only bettered by Mani. The last album was very good.

I can see why people might hate Liam Gallagher, because he can come across arrogant, but AM generally go about their business professionally, always put on an enjoyable show (and yes I saw them on the Humbug Tour) and consistently put out good music. And, like umpteen others have said, go to another stage on Sunday night if that is your desired wish. Like I have said, let's hope that it's not to see Johnny Marr who better be on at another time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

What is with the hatred of the Arctic Monkeys? The first two albums were great lyrically, and, although I hate to describe them as I am about to, they have great energy live. Everyone knows the lyrics.

The had a huge amount of hype going on around them but they didn't buy into it like their predecessors the Gallaghers or Ian Brown.

They also are very talented. Matt Helders is as good a drummer to come out of the NME scene as we have seen in the last 25 years. He is possibly only bettered by Mani. The last album was very good.

I can see why people might hate Liam Gallagher, because he can come across arrogant, but AM generally go about their business professionally, always put on an enjoyable show (and yes I saw them on the Humbug Tour) and consistently put out good music. And, like umpteen others have said, go to another stage on Sunday night if that is your desired wish. Like I have said, let's hope that it's not to see Johnny Marr who better be on at another time!

When you say Mani, do you mean Reni or are you not talking about The Stone Roses?

I also like the Arctic Monkeys a lot, would be pretty cool to see them at the festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Funkfield

I wouldn't say hatred, more...meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

When you say Mani, do you mean Reni or are you not talking about The Stone Roses?

I also like the Arctic Monkeys a lot, would be pretty cool to see them at the festival.

Ha, sorry yeah! I don't think Mani was very good on the drums ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Really? They always struck me as a boring live band (whenever i've seen their live sets on TV, never been to see them myself).
    If they're following in the same vein as last year for the Sunday, then they're a good booking imo. They don't have the same mass appeal as the Killers do, but at the same time i doubt they're hated as much as the killers either, so it's a reasonably happy medium.
    It's no skin off my nose either way, as i highly doubt i'll be going to whoever headlines on the Sunday anyway.

In any case, the single shoddy statement from the EP organisers last Friday (well half of them) with not a single update or query answered since then, coupled with new twitter and facebook accounts says a lot about the disharmony behind the scene, and their communication skills.
    But hey i'm just a synical b@stard, and i bet their beavering away tirelessly to bring us an amazing line up and that's why they haven't bothered their holes giving any more information out..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

I've got 5 wristbands from previous years but I always paid cash at TM in Stephens green. Anyone know how I can avail of the discount? Will they accept them at a TM outlet?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

david75 wrote: »
    I've got 5 wristbands from previous years but I always paid cash at TM in Stephens green. Anyone know how I can avail of the discount? Will they accept them at a TM outlet?

apparently yes they will according to their FB page

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Ticketmaster will accept anything. This proving you've been there nonsense is just marketing to make you believe you're getting a good deal on tickets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Is it true that Body and Soul won't be there this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭recyclebin

That_Guy wrote: »
    Is it true that Body and Soul won't be there this year?

No it will still be there. See:

http://electricpicnic.ie/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

Any touring act on a medium to big level would have their tour schedule filled sometimes a year in advance. I wonder has this court case meant that EP were late sorting the lineup out?
    That oxegen lineup is atrocious. Hope it's faithful stay with it. EP has been populated by some grim scaldies the last few years.

maximoose wrote: »
    I have two wristbands (sadly both for 09) that I've no need for. Anyone that isn't that guy^ wants them PM me and I'll post you them :pac:

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I think you'll see a much more pop and chart orientated line-up at Electric Picnic now. Many of the band that would traditionally be considered for Oxegen will be there now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

I think you'll see a much more pop and chart orientated line-up at Electric Picnic now. Many of the band that would traditionally be considered for Oxegen will be there now.

Any of the decent acts that used to be at oxegen are now playing longitude.
    FBS as a headliner doesn't fill me with confidence (if it's true).
    We'll find out for sure tomorrow evening, although i'd say there may be a few leaks from lunchtime onwards tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Hammer91

Arctic Monkeys???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

A few of these acts and I'm there.

Africa Hitech
    Aphex Twin
    Autechre
    Atoms for Peace
    Chelsea Wolfe
    Chvrches
    Cold Cave
    Depeche Mode
    Dillion
    Esben and the Witch
    Godspeed You! Black Emperor
    How to Destroy Angels
    Metric
    My Bloody Valentine
    Nick Cave
    Portishead
    Soap&Skin
    Stars
    The Gaslamp Killer
    The Knife
    Tim Hecker
    Torres
    Warpaint

And hopefully EP will have some strong Low - Mid level acts, that's the bread&butter of a solid Music Festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,456 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Whats the drinks situation at EP like? Do they have much of a selection? Can you bring your own drinks around the stages areas?

• Advertisement

I say it every year... Brand New please.

Advertisement