Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2013 *Discussion only. NO ticket sales/requests*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 mydadsandy

Mr.S wrote: »
    This pretty much. FR seem to be ones calling all the shots now. Is that court case over I wonder?

Heading to the launch tomorrow evening, excited for the lineup but i've a feeling its going to be quite different.

Nope, they've confirmed and so has the EP site.

Where's the launch party on?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 mydadsandy

Blisterman wrote: »
    Whats the drinks situation at EP like? Do they have much of a selection? Can you bring your own drinks around the stages areas?

You can sneak it in, like oxegen and other festivals. They have security check points near the entrance but I have always gotten away with one of these http://www.tesco.com/direct/tesco-hydration-bladder-pack-2l/203-6914.prd?recommendationId=8a0920c8-c668-4fe4-b749-18eada2b1359.0&skuId=203-6914

In around by the stages they sell Heineken in beer tents and the "Casa Bacardi Arena" have Bacardi products on sale.

Think I got a pint of Erdinger there last year too....

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭roll

nocoverart wrote: »
    A few of these acts and I'm there.

Africa Hitech
    Aphex Twin
    Autechre
    Atoms for Peace
    Chelsea Wolfe
    Chvrches
    Cold Cave
    Depeche Mode
    Dillion
    Esben and the Witch
    Godspeed You! Black Emperor
    How to Destroy Angels
    Metric
    My Bloody Valentine
    Nick Cave
    Portishead
    Soap&Skin
    Stars
    The Gaslamp Killer
    The Knife
    Tim Hecker
    Torres
    Warpaint

And hopefully EP will have some strong Low - Mid level acts, that's the bread&butter of a solid Music Festival.

GSYBE could do it at a push-france in the middle of aug, canada in early sept-they'd be reason enough to hold EP not to mind me going!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Hammer91

soooo arctic monkeys??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Feck, think I might flog my Depeche Mode tickets and try get EP tickets.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

Blisterman wrote: »
    Whats the drinks situation at EP like? Do they have much of a selection? Can you bring your own drinks around the stages areas?

I probably shouldn't tempt fate, but I can tell you that they are very relaxed about checking bags of people entering via the Soul Kids area....:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Tried ringing ticketmaster there, you press "3" for the dedicated EP line and they're closed between 1 and 2 so I'm going to ring back at 2 and hopefully get a definitive answer on all this confusion, will report back.

Could you ask them how you get a discount code when you have wristbands please? Who do you send proof too, to receive the code?

The link I posted says you have to send photo proof of ticket stubs or wristbands to TM but the "ask a question" thing doesn't work on the site!

Will do. Planning on asking them about how to get code if you've bought through the website, how to get the code if you've bought by cash through a TM outlet/a friend etc., and if one set of verifying items, i.e. your wristbands etc., covers the entire transaction or just one ticket. If anyone can think of any other questions let me know and I'll ask them when I (hopefully) get through.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Marseyred

Will do. Planning on asking them about how to get code if you've bought through the website, how to get the code if you've bought by cash through a TM outlet/a friend etc., and if one set of verifying items, i.e. your wristbands etc., covers the entire transaction or just one ticket. If anyone can think of any other questions let me know and I'll ask them when I (hopefully) get through.

Can you also ask how many you can purchase with discount code? I buy for my hubbie and myself so would have record of 2 tickets purchased..Assuming they will make allowances for people who always but 2 etc??

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Hoochiemama

Can you ask them if they are accepting photos and stuff, how do we get it to them? DO we physically have to go to a TM outlet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Sorry to add another request to your phone call, but could you as it you didn't buy tickets online and only have t shirts and photos will this be enough? Many thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭christeb

Bjork. You heard it here first.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

christeb wrote: »

No we didn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Nope, heard it a couple of weeks ago in this thread. Along with Fatboy Slim and Arctic Monkeys.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭dropping_bombs

I'd Sigur Ros will play here. They are playing in England on the 30th of August so they're in the area

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Probably the 10th time i've heard that i'm afraid.

Maybe that wasn't directed at me, can you clarify?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,772 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Can you ask them if two cars are travelling North at 100km per hour, what colour is the second car? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Marseyred

I'd Sigur Ros will play here. They are playing in England on the 30th of August so they're in the area

Sigor Ros played last year - can't imagine they would play there 2 years running...but anything could happen this year!!!

Eod100 wrote: »
    Can you ask them if two cars are travelling North at 100km per hour, what colour is the second car? :P

The pale blue of Luke Skywalker's lightsaber :D

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

So it appears TM will be issuing the discount codes based on proof, 1 per customer.

Still not sure how you send them proof if you don't have TM records though!

so if i purchased 2 tickets each time through ticketmaster i will only receive one discount code?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Funkfield

I have TM records for the Funk and Mrs Field. But I don't want to go messing with proving it over the intermawebz. I want to go to TM, hand them printed emails and some cash and receive tickets.

Or something.

But preferably tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,217 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

When is line up out?

10 minutes on hold and the automatic witch came on the phone and told me all agents were busy and to try again later. On hold again now, fingers crossed.

Is this what we have to look forward to on Saturday morning trying to buy tickets?

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    When is line up out?

The line-up is tomorrow. I remember a couple of years a go it was leaked a day early, here's hoping! I'm like a kid on Christmas Eve with having to wait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Playing their own gig in November.

FINALLY got through to someone. Very exasperated young man on the phone, I'd say he's sick to the back teeth of these phone calls!

Couldn't get much information out of him other than to say that there's an e-mail being sent out today containing all the relevant information (at first he said the e-mail was being sent at 9:30 tomorrow morning so I'm not sure when we'll get this e-mail, I presume at the very least, we'll all know more this time tomorrow). I presume he means an e-mail being sent to anyone who has bought through the ticketmaster website previously, in which case, no panic, somebody will post the contents of the e-mail online somewhere, I will anyway (if i get one).

I asked him about sending pictures of wristbands, photos of you at EP etc. and he said that these should be sent ahead of the release of tickets on Saturday morning to an e-mail address contained in the e-mail being sent today/tomorrow.

I asked him if one set of verifying items will cover the entire transaction or do you have to provide for each ticket and at first he said "you'll have to provide for each ticket" and then I said "I bought 4 tickets through my online account last year" and he said "oh well then we'd look at your account history, it'll all be in the e-mail".

So unfortunately, none the wiser really :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

A few weeks ago, EVERYONE was all," Oh I hope they reduce the price of the tickets. €240 is waaaaaay too much to be paying for EP."

Now EVERYONE is all, "This is clearly just a marketing ploy because it's so poorly planned. I'd much rather wait a few months and pay €240 rather than sending in pictures to MCD in this easily exploitable situation."

The Irish psyche of "you won't outsmart me" is hilarious to watch. So many Jim Carrolls on this thread!

I have the sick feeling of "what if I don't get a ticket because I'm fooking around with codes and photos and other ****e" :(

Hopefully the e-mail will actually appear.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

I have the sick feeling of "what if I don't get a ticket because I'm fooking around with codes and photos and other ****e" :(

Hopefully the e-mail will actually appear.
    the tickets are available for a month from Saturday.
    if EP sells out this year, it won't be until well into the summer.

everyone should just wait and see, no point panicking. from what TM have said online, any old photos/wristbands/mementos/emails will do.
    for all we know, the code might turn out to be a generic one that anyone can use for the next month....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

I'd rather jump through hoops and pay €150 rather then do nothing and pay €250! Marketing ploy or not, cheap ticket are cheap tickets!

It is clear though who is behind EP this year so the whole "we want to reward our loyal customers" is bull!

Who cares if it's bull though?! As long as we save money, sure it's all good. We were all going to go anyway ladies and gentlemen! :pac:

Advertisement