Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2013 *Discussion only. NO ticket sales/requests*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Mr.S wrote: »
    Wouldn't be surprised if they put a cap on the €149.50 tickets tbh.
    well there's nothing in the announcement thing that says "limited tickets", but i suppose we'll see for definite in the next few days!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Who cares if it's bull though?! As long as we save money, sure it's all good. We were all going to go anyway ladies and gentlemen! :pac:

The original announcement was a pigs ear which created a bunch of very anxious people wondering if they qualify or not.

It now turns out what is required as proof is so easily fakeable that they'd just have saved a lot of bother if they'd set the real price of the tickets as 150 and ditched the window dressing of the 3 picnic stuff. No one is bitching about cheap tickets they are bitching about the needless confusion and anxiety it has created in people.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

I'm sure it has gotten worse over the years but I saw no trouble in the campsites! You've worked them all haven't you? What kinda things happened last year?

its become a bit of a free for all with folk trying to blag in, to the degree where no joke its probably 10 fold more than any uk festival, wall hoppers, people getting wristbands cut off in their sleep, held at knife point and such, which is to be expected at oxegen, and to a very very small degree at uk gigs, but at EP, theres easily a hundred or so on the sat and sunday with that 'story' given alot are blaggers, but there are genuine cases(there are ways to get weed blaggers out). And i have found the whole place a little 'darker' last few years, not all lovely dovey banter, like you wouldnt wanna be wandering round some corners on your own late at all, especially in the woods late. Its been a gradual thing, wouldnt even put it down to the lack of oxegen last year, tho it bumped it up i imagine. Again this is my humble view, just one side, I'm sure others will have different views and sure if they enjoy it, all the better, I'm just wary now, my lil sis was banned from oxegen and tbh I wouldnt want her at EP anymore, thats how I see it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Toast wrote: »
    The original announcement was a pigs ear which created a bunch of very anxious people wondering if they qualify or not.

It now turns out what is required as proof is so easily fakeable that they'd just have saved a lot of bother if they'd set the real price of the tickets as 150 and ditched the window dressing of the 3 picnic stuff. No one is bitching about cheap tickets they are bitching about the needless confusion and anxiety it has created in people.

But tickets aren't 150! So if they can make more margin on a ticket, of course they are going to. If you are suffering from anxiety, maybe you should go see a psychiatrist. Heck, you can use all the money you saved!

Maybe they don't have access to John Reynolds' email account, so they can't send out the usual loyalty emails! Either way, it seems easy to get past, ad therefore no one should be worried. The cheap tickets are on sale for a month, to make the purchase even easier.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

How could you blag yourself in though, what do people say? I've been on the guest list a few times and they where insanely strict, basically no name down, you weren't getting in, no matter who you said put you down.

Or do you mean people sneaking in, and then saying their wristband was stolen/fell off?

guest list is a different ball game, theres names and numbdered wristbands to correspond to them.

People who sneak in, then return to a ticket point, claiming lost wristband, wasnt on tight enough, got cut off/stolen etc. Guest list you wouldnt be able to pull it off, and also the guest point is outside the main gate so you cant blag unless you leave, a big risk if you have no band or even a loose one. you also get blaggers saying they left to their car, came back and lost band en route rubbish, or slept in car and got stolen, lots of wonderful and interesting stories.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

I'm amazed that they don't check wristbands going into the campsites/arena properly, its more of a "wave your wrist at me" instead of physically checking the wristband and seal, as per other major festivals

I thought last year there was a very noticeable increase in the level of checking wristbands, definitely before then it was just hold your arm up and show the wristband - but last year I remember getting it properly checked pretty regularly

But tickets aren't 150! So if they can make more margin on a ticket, of course they are going to. If you are suffering from anxiety, maybe you should go see a psychiatrist. Heck, you can use all the money you saved!

Maybe they don't have access to John Reynolds' email account, so they can't send out the usual loyalty emails! Either way, it seems easy to get past, ad therefore no one should be worried. The cheap tickets are on sale for a month, to make the purchase even easier.

You asked the question why people are upset with the loyalty thing. I told you why. They made an announcement that lacked any info and spawned days of speculation. When they finally got around to replying it turned out it was so flimsy that most of us wondered why they bothered. I'm answering your question not arguing the merits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

On the way into the boutique and vip camping areas we had our wristbands checked 3 times each way and we didn't meet/see anyone that shouldn't have been there.

On the way into the boutique and vip camping areas we had our wristbands checked 3 times each way and we didn't meet/see anyone that shouldn't have been there.

Well they are gonna be exceptions of course. I think its very hard to check constantly, tbh they do it in uk grand and works, that has its own issues again tho, security if they find a loose band, do they take the band and kick punter out, or do they send them to get replacement... its a hard issue to tackle to keep everyone happy

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭glorified g

Finally decided to stop lurking and actually post in this thread! Came across this today http://thedailyedge.thejournal.ie/electric-picnic-tickets-proof-882620-Apr2013/ It explains how to get a discount code from Ticketmaster.

I followed the steps, filled out a form and attached a picture of myself at EP last year. About an hour later I got an email back saying this;
    "Hi Gavin, thanks for the email.

Your picture of proof is sufficient so I have added you to the list to receive a code entitling you to the €169.50 price tickets. You should receive an email before Friday with your code.

Kind Regards

Louise
    "

Really quick turn around considering the volume of emails they must be getting. It has put my mind at ease a bit! Now all i need to do is get up and book them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 Mrs_agreeable

Finally decided to stop lurking and actually post in this thread! Came across this today http://thedailyedge.thejournal.ie/electric-picnic-tickets-proof-882620-Apr2013/ It explains how to get a discount code from Ticketmaster.

I followed the steps, filled out a form and attached a picture of myself at EP last year. About an hour later I got an email back saying this;
    "Hi Gavin, thanks for the email.

Your picture of proof is sufficient so I have added you to the list to receive a code entitling you to the €169.50 price tickets. You should receive an email before Friday with your code.

Kind Regards

Louise
    "

Really quick turn around considering the volume of emails they must be getting. It has put my mind at ease a bit! Now all i need to do is get up and book them!

Where did you find the form?? Tm told me I'd find it at ticketmaster.ie/help but it doesn't seem to be there....

Where did you find the form?? Tm told me I'd find it at ticketmaster.ie/help but it doesn't seem to be there....

I just clicked the 'Ask A Question" button and it brought me to a form. Here is the link. Just hit the button on the top and fill out the details. http://www.ticketmaster.ie/h/help.html?tm_link=tm_homeA_ql_4

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

"Ask a question" doesn't appear for me. I'll try summat (as the Arctic Monkeys might say!!!!!!!111) else

"Ask a question" didn't appear for me either but if you click on one of the faq answers and wait for the page to load, "ask a question" should appear next to the "answers" button at the top. I just sent off an e-mail there, fingers crossed it works.

There is no 'Ask A Question" button, on that link :S there is just "Answers"

Can you post the url of the page that your brought to when you click Ask A Question? :)

Its the same link for some reason. I had that problem earlier too. If you click on one of the questions on that page it brings you through to the answer. Is the "ask a question" box available then? Thats how i got to it initially.

http://onsale-ticketmaster.custhelp.com/app/ask

is what you need to fill out to obtain the discount code by Saturday :)

Bingo!! Thats the form! Just fill it out and attach some proof to it and send it off. It took less than an hour for them to get back to me!

EP just updated their facebook "for previous ticketmaster customers - you'll be sent your codes this afternoon. stay tuned. otherwise we'll let you know what to do soon!" and they appear to have deleted their previous status updates.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Hammer91

Anyone give me a run down on the lineup rumours??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Hammer91 wrote: »
    Anyone give me a run down on the lineup rumours??

I'm kind of out of the loop myself. I think the rumours for the head-liners are Arctic Monkeys, Bjork and Fatboy Slim.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Hammer91

nocoverart wrote: »
    I'm kind of out of the loop myself. I think the rumours for the head-liners are Arctic Monkeys, Bjork and Fatboy Slim.

Sound mate..really hoping for Arctic Monkeys!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Can you edit this into the first post and put a note for it? On my phone and can't get to it. I can do it later this evening either.

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭christeb

Easy Rod wrote: »
    Probably the 10th time i've heard that i'm afraid.

Maybe that wasn't directed at me, can you clarify?

Eh, well then you heard it here for the 11th time!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭lc180

Johnny Marr self-confirmed he's playing the Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Jeffrey Lewis playing on the Saturday

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

Just did this and sent a pic of my 6 wristbands.

Just thinking. What's to stop anyone giving their pics of wristbands or ticketstubs to mates to use? I'd say this being taken advantage of will see a definite cap on the number of discount tickets. Even of they haven't predefined that In their advert.

You could probably send three pictures of anybody at any music festival and I seriously doubt they'll question if it is your or not or if it is EP or not. I was playing with sending three pics of John Reynolds at EP to see if they'd give me the code. :-D

The festival hasn't sold out in years. Maybe this is just a ploy to sell it out before the 28th June? They don't care who gets the cheapy tickets imo. Of course as soon as I hear of someone getting refused, I'll take it back and eat my words.

I'm no economist, but surely if it's a sell out, they can charge the vendors more, and make more money that way? If it's not a sell out, they might find it hard getting vendors in?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 am777

Fatboy slim, Arctic monkeys, bjork, kodaline, ellie goulding and bastille

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

am777 wrote: »
    Fatboy slim, Arctic monkeys, bjork, kodaline, ellie goulding and bastille

Aww booooooo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Aww booooooo
    Ya boooooo indeed

The line up is going to be incredibly underwhelming. Just as well there's more to it than the headliners.

Advertisement