Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2013 *Discussion only. NO ticket sales/requests*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

am777 wrote: »
    Just checking, did you use the form linked earlier?

I did initially, but I think this email would have arrived anyway.

When I used the link I just got a generic response, but the email I received next seems to me as if it is going to be sent to everyone that has booked tickets electronically previously.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Mrs_agreeable

I used the form, got my three festival discount. DELIGHTED!!! :D Now if they just announce Aphex Twin, I'll be smiling til september.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

looks like the lineup is "out there", hopefully we'll have it before tomorrow so

https://twitter.com/jimcarrollOTR/status/327148045881987073
    Jim Carroll ‏@jimcarrollOTR 1m
    Some weird things falling off lorries in murky Dublin tonight. Things marked "Top Secret - #ElectricPicnicLineup", for instance

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭recyclops

How long do these codes last for?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

BTW From the promo page on ticketmaster (edit: ghostdancer already posted but Ill leave it here again for new comers):

- This discount is available to customers who have attended any 3 previous Picnics. Three of one type of proof mentioned below or any combination from different years of proofs of purchase and/or attendance will be required.

. Email address on booking
    . Home address on booking
    . Phone number on booking linked to same email
    . Bank statement showing debit for ticket (Security details etc. can be blanked out so just the name/address and Electric Picnic purchase show).
    . Photos of customer on site which indicate different year e.g. if two photos then they should have changed slightly in appearance, hair style, age and so forth.
    . Screen shots of Facebook or other social media showing messages or pictures supporting the claim.
    . Wristbands or ticket stubs
    . Official Programmes or year marked merchandise.
    . Travel or local (to festival) accommodation receipt (dated).

- Customers wishing to purchase from Ticketmaster outlets should bring along any of the above as proof of previous attendance if they want to avail of the 149.50 EURO offer.

- In the case where proof is disputed or potentially genuine customer cannot provide proof the customer should email info@electricpicnic.ie or contact Ticketmaster customer services on 0818 903001 (Republic of Ireland), 0844 277 9964 (Northern Ireland and UK) or 00 353 818 903001 (International Customers) - Monday to Saturday: 9:30am to 6:00pm. A team will make the decision or request further information and email a unique purchase code to use with Ticketmaster where appropriate.

They're still embarrassingly going with the calling it the 10th Anniversary on the Ticketmaster page... wow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,456 ✭✭✭✭fits

pfft, people usually change more than a bit in appearance between the Friday and Monday of any given year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭Rfrip

fits wrote: »
    pfft, people usually change more than a bit in appearance between the Friday and Monday of any given year.

Christ Monday morn I ain't a pretty sight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

I frightened myself when I looked in the mirror after Orbital last year. You could have taken my pic, put it into black and white, and used it as an appeal for St. Vincent de Paul!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Rfrip wrote: »
    Christ Monday morn I ain't a pretty sight

My student ID picture is from the Monday morning after Electric Picnic, I look like a zombie, and they use the same pic each year for the four years of my course :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Yeaaa, got my x3 year loyalty mail!!

It said I can get x2 tickets, even though Ticketmaster said one per person/household/credit card on twitter

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

- No no no - there's enough ****e in here without people thinking that is real - sorry.

Imagine!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

looks like the lineup is "out there", hopefully we'll have it before tomorrow so

Ha ha , that lineup posted is so fake. It would cost €150 each to get Bowie alone, surprised whoever did it didnt put Daft Punk on it for the craic.

lbj666 wrote: »
    Ha ha , that lineup posted is so fake. It would cost €150 each to get Bowie alone, surprised whoever did it didnt put Daft Punk on it for the craic.

Too obvious!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Steve O

- No no no - there's enough ****e in here without people thinking that is real - sorry.

Imagine!

Goddamn you!!! Nearly fired my laptop across the room.

This on the Saturday night. Really hope he is playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭sassyj

Pet Shop Boys 2007 were brilliant, unexpectedly so! Touring with a new album this summer, would love to see them there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Whatsernamex33

Sorry if it was mentioned already, wayyyy too many posts to go through, but at what time is the line up announced tomorrow? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Sorry if it was mentioned already, wayyyy too many posts to go through, but at what time is the line up announced tomorrow? :)

12 30 PM me thinks

Think someone's been busy on paint shop, it would be nice though!
    All the talk on this forum has been MBV, Bjork & Arctic Monkeys,is Bowie completely out of the question?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Fatfrog wrote: »
    is Bowie completely out of the question?

He hasn't toured in years after having a heart attack on stage. If he comes back at all it will be for a couple of massive one last shows which will have massive massive international interest.

• Advertisement

sassyj wrote: »
    Pet Shop Boys 2007 were brilliant, unexpectedly so! Touring with a new album this summer, would love to see them there.

Agreed, they were big time at one point & gradually lost it!, when they played the picnic07 it was like they were back they gave it absolutely everything would love to see them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭beansybeansy

Me and him indoors each got our discount emails so we can sort out a couple of mate's too. Rolling the dice for Portishead followed by Massive Attack for the Saturday night. Come on the Bristol Collective, Momma needs an epic night out

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Think someone's been busy on paint shop, it would be nice though!
    All the talk on this forum has been MBV, Bjork & Arctic Monkeys,is Bowie completely out of the question?
    i was talking about the fact that journalists now have the real lineup, not the fake poster in the comments below.

Might spend the money I'll save on a tangerine fields tent, might come in handy.

Yay, Festihut are taking bookings now! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Got my code sent straight to me and apparently good for two tickets - great offer.

I smell a relatively poor line-up coming but hopefully enough stuff on there to make for a fab weekend nonetheless.

Perhaps this year I finally will spend less time racing from stage to stage and more time hanging out at Body and Soul or Mindfield....

ghostdancer, still think Belle & Sebastian are likely?

Aside from that, a few decent electronic acts (aphex twin or daft punk in my dreams), MBV and some real surprise like Dirty Projectors (still dreaming...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Bought my 2008 ticket in Top Twenty Naas 31 March 2008 and my bank statement says just that - 242.25 was the total. But no mention of Electric Picnic. Wonder will that be any good?

Think I paid cash for 2006 and 2007 tickets.

Have that recycleable plastic glass. What year was that?

ghostdancer, still think Belle & Sebastian are likely?
    well they weren't definite a few months ago, so it could have gone either way since then really....
    i'd be more confident of David Byrne & St. Vincent and Warpaint being there from those that I heard tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Mrs_agreeable

threein99 wrote: »
    My student ID picture is from the Monday morning after Electric Picnic, I look like a zombie, and they use the same pic each year for the four years of my course :D

Me too! Absolute state... :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Folzy

That fake lineup has my expectations set far too high now... QOTSA would be a godsend but not exactly the most EP friendly band in the world..

Advertisement