Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2013 *Discussion only. NO ticket sales/requests*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Rastadoyle

so tomorow evening it is cant wait now

• Registered Users Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

The Knife must definitely be bagged for this, between Lowlands festival in the second weekend of August and the 5th September at a festival in Warsaw, Poland and Bestival on 6th September. I keep hoping that Stradbally appears on their gig schedule so I can break it to you guys and gals but, NOT YET!

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭kg703

Well the Villagers are a definite no, they are doing Longitude and can't do both!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,064 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Can someone confirm something for me. I've been to every Picnic since year one. I have zero record on ticketmaster, but I do have about six stubs and timetable programmes. Will they count towards the €149.99 price or do you need at least one ticketmaster record?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Tusky wrote: »
    Can someone confirm something for me. I've been to every Picnic since year one. I have zero record on ticketmaster, but I do have about six stubs and timetable programmes. Will they count towards the €149.99 price or do you need at least one ticketmaster record?
    if you bring stubs from 3 different years to a TM kiosk, you'll be able to get 2 of the 149 ones.
    - This discount is available to customers who have attended any 3 previous Picnics. Three of one type of proof mentioned below or any combination from different years of proofs of purchase and/or attendance will be required.

. Email address on booking
    . Home address on booking
    . Phone number on booking linked to same email
    . Bank statement showing debit for ticket (Security details etc. can be blanked out so just the name/address and Electric Picnic purchase show).
    . Photos of customer on site which indicate different year e.g. if two photos then they should have changed slightly in appearance, hair style, age and so forth.
    . Screen shots of Facebook or other social media showing messages or pictures supporting the claim.
    . Wristbands or ticket stubs
    . Official Programmes or year marked merchandise.
    . Travel or local (to festival) accommodation receipt (dated).

- Customers wishing to purchase from Ticketmaster outlets should bring along any of the above as proof of previous attendance if they want to avail of the 149.50 EURO offer.

- In the case where proof is disputed or potentially genuine customer cannot provide proof the customer should email info@electricpicnic.ie or contact Ticketmaster customer services on 0818 903001 (Republic of Ireland), 0844 277 9964 (Northern Ireland and UK) or 00 353 818 903001 (International Customers) - Monday to Saturday: 9:30am to 6:00pm. A team will make the decision or request further information and email a unique purchase code to use with Ticketmaster where appropriate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

The Knife must definitely bagged for this, between Lowlands festival in the second weekend of August and the 5th September at a festival in Warsaw, Poland and Bestival on 6th September. I keep hoping that Stradbally appears on their gig schedule so I can break it to you guys and gals but, NOT YET!

The Knife are a shoe-in for this! no Irish gigs and with Fever Ray already playing an amazing set at EP, no doubt about it. The Knife is a coming :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭-=al=-

nocoverart wrote: »
    The Knife are a shoe-in for this! no Irish gigs and with Fever Ray already playing an amazing set at EP, no doubt about it. The Knife is a coming :)

Got front row centre for Fever Ray last time and it blew my mind... There is a nice gap in the knife's schedule for e.p ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Mr.S wrote: »
    How could you blag yourself in though, what do people say? I've been on the guest list a few times and they where insanely strict, basically no name down, you weren't getting in, no matter who you said put you down.

Or do you mean people sneaking in, and then saying their wristband was stolen/fell off?

heh one year we were sitting around the tents on the Friday when a mate of one us came over, for a while we all thought there was something odd and eventually realised no armband.

Turns out he had given his ticket and managed to somehow walk through the whole entrance area without getting a band or stopped.

He had to go back to the entrance and on his way got picked up by security and had to spend the next 20 mins looking for the person that took his ticket to see if they remembered him.

Eventually got everything sorted though

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭roll

exact same thing happened to me-fortunately i had only walked about 20 yards past security with my stuff when i noticed.... they still got the cops involved which i thought was harsh but they eventually took my word for it....

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Hammer91

Arctic Monkeys are amazing, especially their first two albums

and their last two albums..Alex Turner is a genius..really hope they're headlining!

• Advertisement

half twelve for the lineup is it?

Honestly think the majority of that leaked lineup is real...looks decent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Excited! Can't wait to see the line-up :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

Bah....I have to abandon the net for a good 5 hours now. I'm gonna miss all the fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

Sinead O'Connor and Nine Inch Nails and I'll be happy.
    Maaaaaybe System of a Down, James Blake, Warpaint and Purity Ring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭LeftBlank

Got my "2 or less" discount code in an email without asking for it despite not having gone or purchased a ticket since 2007.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

roll wrote: »
    exact same thing happened to me-fortunately i had only walked about 20 yards past security with my stuff when i noticed.... they still got the cops involved which i thought was harsh but they eventually took my word for it....

unfortunately the blaggers ruin it for the genuine people, so all cases have to be taken seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Hammer91 wrote: »
    Honestly think the majority of that leaked lineup is real...looks decent

Are you talking about the lineup poster with David Bowie on it because it even say it is a fake on it and that is not even the most obvious reason why it is a fake (David Bowie was on it).

Edit: latest from Jim Carroll

Jim Carroll @jimcarrollOTR 46m
    Just spotted sheltering from the rain in Fitzwilliam Sq: Bjork, Arctic Monkeys, Fatboy Slim, The Knife, Johnny Marr & My Bloody Valentine

The launch party is in Fitzwilliam Sq. and no that is not his way of saying the actual bands are physically there.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭beansybeansy

If one more person sends me the "leaked Lineup" I am going to lose it. NIN and QOTSA are playing Philidelphia that same weekend, David Bowie gave up touring he is not going to do a one off at EP, Glastonbury maybe at some point in the future but not EP. My Prediction:

Arctic Monkeys
    My Bloody Valentine
    Bjork
    Portishead
    Massive Attack
    Fatboy Slim
    Tame Impala
    The Knife
    Band of Horse
    The Editors
    MIA
    Flaming Lips
    Belle & Sebastian

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

The Editors alone would seal it for me. saw them at Rock Werchter last year and it was amazing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,730 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Hoping for an ampersand double-bill of Belle & Sebastian and She & Him.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

miller82 wrote: »
    The Editors alone would seal it for me. saw them at Rock Werchter last year and it was amazing

Wow. High praise.

It's just Editors btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭chuky_r_law

jim corr in the spoken word would be a good addition

Toast wrote: »
    Are you talking about the lineup poster with David Bowie on it because it even say it is a fake on it and that is not even the most obvious reason why it is a fake (David Bowie was on it).

Edit: latest from Jim Carroll

Jim Carroll @jimcarrollOTR 46m
    Just spotted sheltering from the rain in Fitzwilliam Sq: Bjork, Arctic Monkeys, Fatboy Slim, The Knife, Johnny Marr & My Bloody Valentine

The launch party is in Fitzwilliam Sq. and no that is not his way of saying the actual bands are physically there.

John Meagher from the Indo was on Newstalk a little while ago and double-confirmed Bjork, My Bloody Valentine, FBS and also mentioned David Byrne too.

e:
    https://www.newstalk.ie/Electric-Picnic-line-up--Fatboy-Slim-Bjork--My-Bloody-Valentine-

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,002 ✭✭✭Seedy Arling

jim corr in the spoken word would be a good addition
    Yes, i must remember to pack my tin foil hat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

I just hope Fatboy slim is not the Saturday night dance act on the main stage if he's there.
    Just give me The Prodigy please and il be a happy camper..long shot i know but stranger things have happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

I just hope Fatboy slim is not the Saturday night dance act on the main stage if he's there.
    Just give me The Prodigy please and il be a happy camper..long shot i know but stranger things have happened.

+1,000,000

he's in Jersey on Saturday night.

according to Jim Carroll a few days ago, it's
    Fri - FBS
    Sat - Bjork
    Sun - Arctic Monkeys

i will be nowhere near the main stage on Friday night so :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

"will be playing the 10th anniversary of Ireland’s best festival."

I'm just not going to win on this am I? Look I even made a graphic!

eptimeline.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

miller82 wrote: »

Saw them at indiependece a couple of years ago and they do put on a very good show was very impressed tbh and would deffo check them out again if they played the picnic.

Advertisement