Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2013 *Discussion only. NO ticket sales/requests*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Toast wrote: »
    "will be playing the 10th anniversary of Ireland’s best festival."

I'm just not going to win on this am I? Look I even made a graphic!

eptimeline.png
    haha :D

it's annoying me a bit now too, might start sending that image to people who should know better!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

he's in Jersey on Saturday night.

according to Jim Carroll a few days ago, it's
    Fri - FBS
    Sat - Bjork
    Sun - Arctic Monkeys

i will be nowhere near the main stage on Friday night so :pac:

Thank fcuk for that:D but it still leaves room for a sat night dance act i just cant see Bjork closing the stage..Prodigy it is so :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

not impressed with those three at all

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Got my email for €149 ticket, excellent. And deposit scheme running again. Sexcellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭Rfrip

miller82 wrote: »
    not impressed with those three at all

Me neither and I know I'm not going to b impressed with the announcement today
    However tickets for 149, 50e a day is a great price for what ep offers, music aside. Il b buying a ticket regardless of acts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 Count_Hook

danniemcq wrote: »
    double space and make paragraphs 1.5
    Double the size of your full stops. makes a huge difference

• Registered Users Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Agreed, they were big time at one point & gradually lost it!, when they played the picnic07 it was like they were back they gave it absolutely everything would love to see them again.

Pet Shop Boys played in 2006 not 2007.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭sassyj

Pet Shop Boys played in 2006 not 2007.

Ha ha, memory fail!
    And I emailed TM because i didn't get the code for being 3 times even though I have been. Mentioned I had been in 2007 , haven't heard back from them

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Dutchy

Is the line up announced at 12.30 or at 7.30? Hearing conflicting reports re time? Bring on the wall!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Dutchy wrote: »
    Is the line up announced at 12.30 or at 7.30? Hearing conflicting reports re time? Bring on the wall!

12:15

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Niamh_101

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭paulbok

^ the 'journalist' who's blogging probably just spotted the fake line up poster floating around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭trouttrout

They fell for the fake one. God almighty

• Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭david_etc

11:14

Right so. David Bowie is NOT playing Electric Picnic.

That was a joke .

And we were suckered by it.

We're going off into a corner now to cry.

Bitter tears of disappointment and shame.

^^ Yep.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭chuky_r_law

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

maximoose wrote: »
    Got my email for €149 ticket, excellent. And deposit scheme running again. Sexcellent.

What kind of deposit do they want on Saturday and when do you have to pay the balance?

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Niamh_101

paulbok wrote: »
    ^ the 'journalist' who's blogging probably just spotted the fake line up poster floating around.

I just thought since it was the Irish Time they would actually have genuine news about it. When they posted the lineup poster I realised it was fake :(

If Björk is playing there's no way I'll be missing it. The Knife would be awesome too but I'm already going to see them in London on May 8th so won't be too disappointed if they're not announced!

Got an email offering me the 169.50 ticket but I've actually been to three picnics (bought my 2010 ticket at a Ticketmaster outlet). Have emailed them with a FB screenshot and a picture of the t-shirt I bought, hope that'll be enough to prove I was genuinely there. Got an automatic reply email saying someone should be in touch within 48 hours, am assuming there's no way tickets will be sold out by then but if there's an awesome lineup on top of the cheaper tickets (plus the fact that more people might be thinking about Picnic this year since Oxegen lineup is so shít) I'm a tiny bit paranoid about it being sold out by the time I get the right discount. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

trouttrout wrote: »
    They fell for the fake one. God almighty

We can trust, pretty much our national newspaper, right?

"Old media is the best etc etc. "

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

What kind of deposit do they want on Saturday and when do you have to pay the balance?

IIRC, it's split evenly into 3 monthly payments. So with the service charge added it'll be three payments of about €52. If you buy between 27th-30th April your next payment will be 31/05 and 30/06.

Buy between 01/05-31/05 and your next payments are 30/06 and 30/07.

Niamh_101 wrote: »
    I just thought since it was the Irish Time they would actually have genuine news about it. When they posted the lineup poster I realised it was fake :(

A Journalist you say, checking their facts before publishing you say, well I never. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭MattD

The backtracking on that news feed is so cringey...!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Funkfield

In case it hasn't been posted yet.

I was asked to contact "eployalty@ticketmaster.ie" regarding the discount.

It's their dedicated email address.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

maximoose wrote: »
    IIRC, it's split evenly into 3 monthly payments. So with the service charge added it'll be three payments of about €52. If you buy between 27th-30th April your next payment will be 31/05 and 30/06.

Buy between 01/05-31/05 and your next payments are 30/06 and 30/07.

Sound! Was emptying out the piggy bank last night for the ticket money, needn't have worried!

Funkfield wrote: »
    In case it hasn't been posted yet.

I was asked to contact "eployalty@ticketmaster.ie" regarding the discount.

It's their dedicated email address.

That's strange. Why would they tell you to contact "info@electricpicnic.ie" if they're just gonna send you onto another email address? :confused:

Should I just send the email I sent to the info address to the eployalty one then, before I wait for a reply?

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭paulieeye

Mr.S wrote: »
    FBA

Freshwater Biological Association??? Love them!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Funkfield

That's strange. Why would they tell you to contact "info@electricpicnic.ie" if they're just gonna send you onto another email address? :confused:

Should I just send the email I sent to the info address to the eployalty one then, before I wait for a reply?

I was asked by Ticketmaster not EP. After filling in the form posted a few pages back.

I also emailed info@electricpicnic.ie but got nothing back so far apart from an automated response...

"Thank you for contacting Festival Republic's Customer Service. We have received your query and a customer service representative shall be in touch with you shortly. We aim to reply within 48 hrs. For anything urgent, please leave a message on our Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/FestivalRepublic If you have any questions please don't hesitate to call us on 020 7009 3001 (open Mon-Fri, 10am-6pm) Over festival weeks we do get a lot of enquiries so please check the festival website for further information or the official facebook pages."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

So the line announcement 12:15, will the web page be updated? radio who will have it first?

Advertisement