Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2013 *Discussion only. NO ticket sales/requests*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 404 ✭✭frank reynolds

typical snobby line-up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭GoldenTickets

Ocean Colour Scene?

Dirt.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

I wasn't expecting much, but no FOOKIN KNIFE?!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,772 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

There's a lot of odd bands on that list!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

No Portishead :(

Still left with a Chic/Portishead clash for Glastonbury.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

Pretty underwhelming in the end. Not really any acts I'd personally go see at a standalone gig, so no real reason for me to go to this. Ah well, maybe I'll wake up a scumbag tomorrow and Oxegen will tickle my fancy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭-=al=-

nocoverart wrote: »

Still lots to be added! Hopefully they will... Fever Ray was added quite late in 2010

• Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭Rfrip

I know I said I was going to b underwhelmed and wasn't expecting much but my heart sank at the line up. Oh well

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I understand that it's an alternative music festival but I'm amazed that nobody has gotten Muse over to do a gig/festival headline spot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

typical snobby line-up

How on earth can a lineup be snobby? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭phunks

Gutted there's no knife on that list. They would be perfect and fits in with there schedule. I'm still gonna hold out that they'll be confirmed at a later date.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

nocoverart wrote: »

Added to Zurich festival 30th August, they might be in the second announcement hopefully.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Delighted with Polica!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,133 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Electric Picnic launch is/was this morning in Fitzwilliam Square Park at 12:15, presume that's where Goldenplex got the lineup from?

If that's it, the full lineup, then I'm more excited by Longitued lineup

• Registered Users Posts: 4,730 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Is that David Byrne with St. Vincent, or the two of them doing their own sets? The fact that they're listed separately makes me think the latter.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭beansybeansy

For feck sakes, wheres Portishead, The Knife, Tame Impala, Belle & Sebastian and The Editors? Explains why the cheap tickets.

Will still go but am glad I am heading to Primavera in 4 weeks, its the Line up that EP could have had if they had gotten their act together in time

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭joe2687

It's all a bit meh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Have they confirmed about how you prove you've been to previous festivals yet?

Do ticket stubs/wristbands count or do you have to have Ticketmaster credit card receipts?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Mr.S wrote: »
    Keep in mind theres still A LOT more tba.

Keep telling yourself that'll make things better. I was hoping the same hope last year after the first announcement... things didn't get much better. I would be very surprised to see any more "big" acts added to this lineup.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Funkfield

For 150 bills........savage!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

dinneenp wrote: »
    Electric Picnic launch is/was this morning in Fitzwilliam Square Park at 12:15, presume that's where Goldenplex got the lineup from?

If that's it, the full lineup, then I'm more excited by Longitued lineup

its not, its far from it expect another 75 acts from various stages

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

:mad::mad::mad:

I saw his Coachella set, how do people like this get booked for anything? Give me a f*ckn laptop I'll do the same job!

Gonna Be Some Sized Harlem Shake Going On :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Reasonably satisfied with that line up. It seems like it might be middle-aged enough to keep away young bucks, but it's also not crap. Have to be happy with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,772 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Mr.S wrote: »
    Keep in mind theres still A LOT more tba.
    Almost 2 months behind when the 1st line up announcement was made last year tho so dunno will there be as many additions!Unless they're waiting till after the discount tickets are sold!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Ocean Colour Scene? Really?

Nothing on the lineup that I'm really really pushed for unfortunately. Bjork is great live and I would go see her again. David Byrne & St. Vincent, Warpaint, and Chvrches... I be interested in seeing these acts, but it wouldn't get me to rush out and get a ticket.

I reckon I'll be on the sidelines on whether to get a ticket or not for the time being. No-show for The Knife a big surprise. They were great at Pukkelpop years back and would do well on the main stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Can't really expect miracles when they only confirmed the festival so late. It would explain the lackluster lineup. I'm all for 'alternative' acts but this is a bit of a letdown

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Is that David Byrne with St. Vincent, or the two of them doing their own sets? The fact that they're listed separately makes me think the latter.
    they're touring together throughout the summer, so i'd imagine it's together.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Bacchus wrote: »
    Keep telling yourself that'll make things better. I was hoping the same hope last year after the first announcement... things didn't get much better. I would be very surprised to see any more "big" acts added to this lineup.

There might be no more "big" acts or maybe only a few but some of the best craic and times i've had at EP has been bands i've never heard of before that aren't HUGE names.

Bellowhead is a perfect example of this. Blew me away last year

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Eod100 wrote: »
    Almost 2 months behind when the 1st line up announcement was made last year tho so dunno will there be as many additions!Unless they're waiting till after the discount tickets are sold!
    last year The Killers, Bat for Lashes, and a few more were inexplicably added a few hours later, and weren't on the press release at all...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Evil Sausage

Its part of the Love This Giant tour, so they will be playing together.

One of the few really interesting acts if you ask me, quite like that album

Advertisement