Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2013 *Discussion only. NO ticket sales/requests*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

honru wrote: »
    Ocean Colour Scene? Really?

I'd presume them and Olaf Tyaransen are going to be put in the 'gag booking' tent.

Ocean Colour Scene?

Dirt.

Brilliant live band and will be one of the most popular at the festival

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

There's one or two that stand out to me, but It's mostly bland, generic dross. Didn't expect anything better though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

Oh how I would love if Muse played this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

0ph0rce0 wrote: »
    Gonna Be Some Sized Harlem Shake Going On :pac:

It will be more underwhelming than the current line up is, trust me.

No doubt Bauuer will be the Azelia Banks of the festival...be great if he cancelled :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Snuse more like... I actually like Muse, I'm just trying to be as moany as everyone else in this thread

• Registered Users Posts: 11,772 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Mr.S wrote: »
    They have 3 days of music to fill. There's tons more tba!

Not to mention Body and Soul lineup?

Meant in terms of ''big name'' additions!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

SmokeyEyes wrote: »
    Oh how I would love if Muse played this.

Highly doubt it at this stage. Wouldn't be surprised if they played Tennants Vital.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Dazzler0911

Hardly any dj's announced

Would like to see Wu Tang Clan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

I don't think Muse were ever a possibility. They certainly won't be added later anyway. Didn't even notice MBV were missing from the press release. Lots of places adding them to the announced list though so maybe an accidental omission?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Toast wrote: »
    I don't think Muse were ever a possibility. They certainly won't be added later anyway. Didn't even notice MBV were missing from the press release. Lots of places adding them to the announced list though so maybe an accidental omission?

They did that last year with the killers to as far as I recall. Left them off the initial announcement and then added them immediately after.

Also I for one am astounded that Bowie isn't playing. Oh and does anyone know if I have 8 wristbands some ticket stubs photos and a note from my mammy saying I was at EP before if I can get cheaper tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Folzy

Very few dance acts or newer bands on the press release, definitely more to come...

Still quite satisfied except for the omission of The Knife.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Is it weird that I have no idea who the hell The Knife are?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,730 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Batesy wrote: »

I think they have a song called Grizzly Bear.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

lordgoat wrote: »
    Oh and does anyone know if I have 8 wristbands some ticket stubs photos and a note from my mammy saying I was at EP before if I can get cheaper tickets?

According to the quoted text from Joe.ie ticket stubs and/or photos from different years will count.

So basically if you have photos of you sitting at a tent taken anywhere, ever you're grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭recyclebin

I don't think many people outside a few posters on here know who they are. Although they did have one song in a sony add that most people will recogise and jose gonzalez covered it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

No MBV, Knife, Tame Impala, Portishead, pretty un-happy at the moment. :( Well lets hope more get added soon, 2 or 3 more decent acts and I'll be there!

Personally disappointed, but probably was always hoping more than expecting. Last year they added over half the acts I wanted to go see in the end after the first announcement, so hopeful in that respect but at the moment there are only 2 acts that I would actually want to go see, and maybe one or 2 possibly that I know I'd probably go to if I was there.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

lordgoat wrote: »
    They did that last year with the killers to as far as I recall. Left them off the initial announcement and then added them immediately after.

Also I for one am astounded that Bowie isn't playing. Oh and does anyone know if I have 8 wristbands some ticket stubs photos and a note from my mammy saying I was at EP before if I can get cheaper tickets?

nearly dies while touring

swears he'd never tour again

not playing at a rushed put together in a hurry festival instead of a solo gig

not annouced ANYWHERE else

how are people still shocked?!

I would have been astounded if he did play

• Advertisement

Very popular Scandanavian electro band.

Some lad did a wimpy cover of one of their songs for a Sony bouncey ball ad once and became famous off it.

The original was better.

They're well worth checking out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

danniemcq wrote: »

:-|

Irony detector is a bit broken there!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,730 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Apparently, because Bowie isn't playing, they're getting Kate Bush instead.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

He's being extremely sarcastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,357 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

What no hot chip!!! ha ha

Missing a few electronic/dance acts hopefully be added later. Would like to see the likes of M83, major lazer, boards of Canada, Royscoop

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

I think they have a song called Grizzly Bear.

HaHa! I like what you did there.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Still find it hilarious that a journo from the times thought he somehow had found out the line up and posted it with no research.

Hehe good times.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Not impressed with the line-up but there should be a lot more added - I'd hope for at least a couple more biggish names like The Knife or MBV.

That said, the reduced price was bound to impact the acts booked.

They do seem to be making a real effort to make the €150 tickets available to a lot of people...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

:-|
    Irony detector is a bit broken there!
    He's being extremely sarcastic.

dammit i really should replace my batteries

sigh

Advertisement