Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2013 *Discussion only. NO ticket sales/requests*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Tusky wrote: »
    They have not used up their value but they should not be headlining. Bowie and Stones will always be headliners due to their iconic status, regardless of what they have released of late. And as for Daft Punk - they are about to release one of the most hyped and anticipated albums of the year, so of course they are headliners.

(I should say that I was not expecting acts like Daft Punk, Bowie or Stones on the lineup announcement, was just replying to your post)

David Byrne is pretty iconic. Bottom line is whether the actual music/performance is any good though. I'll trade a good gig for a trendy one any day. Personally I've no interest in Franz Ferdinand, OCS, FBS (was a bore last time at EP), or the Arctics (who few dispute are valid Glastonbury headline candidates), but Bjork's a vibrant and constantly changing act, David Byrne is generally brilliant, Eels are great, Johnny Marr has been wowing people on the current tour, and they're all pretty much old farts.

Second rung request for anyone EP looking in: The Correspondents. Made up for a tedious Mumfords gig in Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Hammer91

is three day camping the most you can get yeah?

anyone know the day breakdown??

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭UnawareCaesar

Hammer91 wrote: »
    is three day camping the most you can get yeah?

anyone know the day breakdown??

Yeah.

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,019 ✭✭✭lc180

I reckon Alt-J might be added after their gig in the Olympia next week, would be very strange if they didnt play any festival here this year.

EDIT: scratch that, they are in North America that weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

When is the online poster getting put up, there might be extra additions like last year.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Deirdre5

I know that the Killers and Frank Ocean are playing Phoenix Park in July, so slight chance they could be added for Picnic in August. Hopefully the Weeknd will be announced later too if he's doing nothing else :D
    Some fairly popular acts have to be announced closer to the festival to get people talking again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Deirdre5 wrote: »
    I know that the Killers and Frank Ocean are playing Phoenix Park in July, so slight chance they could be added for Picnic in August. Hopefully the Weeknd will be announced later too if he's doing nothing else :D
    Some fairly popular acts have to be announced closer to the festival to get people talking again.

Killers?????!!!! You have a greater chance of David Bowie and Daft Punk be added to the bill as seeing the Killers at EP this summer!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

http://www.festivalsearcher.com/festivals.aspx?festival_id=donaufestival

That's the kind of line-up I would like at EP with a few big acts thrown in.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 smileyp123

to be honest its not the greatest line up this year and oxegen is even worse. its just a pity mcd and festival republic couldnt have joined forces and had 1 major festival like t in the park instead of 2 festivals in my opinion just thrown together last minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭guinang

The Knife's new biggest fan. That is pretty sweeeeeet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

guinang wrote: »
    The Knife's new biggest fan. That is pretty sweeeeeet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HE1OJiq7GQ :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9 oxegenthief

Hi is there anyone on here that has a discount code that they won't be using? Or has wristbands and could take a picture of them? Student trying to save a few quid...

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭trickymicky

smileyp123 wrote: »
    to be honest its not the greatest line up this year and oxegen is even worse. its just a pity mcd and festival republic couldnt have joined forces and had 1 major festival like t in the park instead of 2 festivals in my opinion just thrown together last minute.

thats a great idea but i couldnt see that happening on the basis for security reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭deeks

Can't go this year and having seen the line up I'm not all that bothered to be honest. Some very good bands but no one I'm really devastated at missing. Reading through all the latest rumours I was terrified that Portishead and MBV would play cos I might have had to rethink my pending nuptials :eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭guinang

nocoverart wrote: »

Sweet Lord it's like Daft Punk meet the blue man group. Yep, I'm with the other posters on here. Get these guys. I would nearly pay the ticket fee to see these guys alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 oxegenthief

Mr.S wrote: »
    I have a discount code for the 169 tickets if you want that?

That would be fantastic! Could you pm me with it please?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭recyclebin

Has anyone tried blagging a discount code by using pictures from google image search?Seems so easy to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭tfarrell

if anyone has a code they dont want i will take it.. been to 3 but ive nothing to prove it with.. arrrgghhhhh!!

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Paddy2012

It says here MBV are playing http://www.goldenplec.com/festivals/electric-picnic-2/electric-picnic-2013/

Also Parquet Courts are excellent

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

how do I prove ive been there ? I Have the wristbands, but cant find any emails etc :/

• Advertisement

Korvanica wrote: »
    how do I prove ive been there ? I Have the wristbands, but cant find any emails etc :/

The wristbands should be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Marseyred

Korvanica wrote: »

I took photos of my wristbands and emailed to eployalty@ticketmaster.ie this morning. REceived a response with the 3year loyalty code just over an hour later!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭ILIKEFOOD

Was really expecting to see NIN on the bill...wishful

Just have to make up for it with seeing The Knife in hamburg this Saturday ..... La la la la la la

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Marseyred wrote: »
    I took photos of my wristbands and emailed to eployalty@ticketmaster.ie this morning. REceived a response with the 3year loyalty code just over an hour later!!!

same as that i sent them the pic of mine i uploaded earlier in the thread.

got email from them about an hour ago

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Funkfield

Marseyred wrote: »

Likewise, I send them details of my ticketmaster booking codes. Same. Got back to me fairly sharpish with the discount code.

So is it at 7 pm when the EP website is updated?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

I don't suppose someone wants to take a picture of three wristbands and send it to me? I have two, but I would like to save that extra 20 quid! :)

I don't suppose someone wants to take a picture of three wristbands and send it to me? I have two, but I would like to save that extra 20 quid! :)
    What years and Ill have a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

What years and Ill have a look.

I have 2012 and 2011 bands. Nice one!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

Weak-ass initial lineup.

Fatboy Slim? I presume they'll have some sort of time machine on site that brings the punters back to 1998 when anyone actually give a ****. The Knife, I'm hyped to see them but they'd pretty much been a given so actually seeing officially announced didn't phase me too much.

I'm quite fond of the Arctic Monkeys, their first two albums are a real part of my growing up, but I could name any number of other acts that I'd rather see take a headline slot and, emblazoned along with Fatboy Slim on the top of the bill, they're a potential buzzer magnet. Hopefully Oxegen, along with the Phoenix Park gigs, will siphon off most of that element.

By all accounts, Bjork is one to watch, but I'm not really familiar with her material. I guess I'll try to become au fait with it before September comes around. Disclosure are a nifty act; pleased too see them there.

To be honest, I'm not too worried about the situation. I say it every year, Piccy's lineup is usually a big heap of meh at the beginning, and slowly creeps up on you till there's more acts you want to see than the three days permits. Gonna start rooting around my room for old ticket stubs and cut-off wristbands...

Advertisement