Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2013 *Discussion only. NO ticket sales/requests*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I have 2012 and 2011 bands. Nice one!

Dammit Ive only have the 2011 and 2012 bands as well, but I have a ticket master stub from 2010, it doesnt say EP on it but the reference number should count, no?

edit: scratch that its my forbidden fruit stub from 2011.

Hey wait I could take a photo of one of my EP t shirts, Ive 2007 and 2005 t shirts huh.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

Mr.S wrote: »
    The Knife haven't been announced?
    Weak-ass lineup just got weaker...assed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Paddy2012 wrote: »
    It says here MBV are playing http://www.goldenplec.com/festivals/electric-picnic-2/electric-picnic-2013/

Also Parquet Courts are excellent
    Golden Plec just repeat rumours from the internet, but John Meagher of the Irish Independent said MBV were playing this morning on the radio.
    https://www.newstalk.ie/Electric-Picnic-line-up--Fatboy-Slim-Bjork--My-Bloody-Valentine-

Jim Carroll of the Irish Times had the lineup last night, and said this morning that MBV would be announced, along with The Knife:
    https://twitter.com/jimcarrollOTR

someone on the EP board, who works for Bulmers organising events I think and leaked the Forbidden Fruit lineup last year (which is sponsored by Bulmers), said some of the EP names the other day, and all of them were announced except The Knife and Scuba. they said today that The Knife definitely were booked. just to give a bit more credibility to that person, Scuba has said on twitter that he's playing an Irish festival, however his name isn't in any of the lineups announced so far,...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

https://twitter.com/johnmeaghermuso/status/327424991878582273
    John Meagher ‏@johnmeaghermuso 11m
    My Bloody Valentine are playing #electricpicnic - will be announced at a later date. In the meantime, Ocean. Colour. Scene. Jesus

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

I still can't get over the PR folk for EP naming this year as the "10th Anniversary" in the lunch time press release...

Jaysus, will ye let it go LOL! I think there's more distressing things to worry about with this years EP than the "10th Anniversary"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Someone put a piece of yellow ribbon on my wrist in 2010 at the fest and it's still there to this day... anyone remember what the cause was for?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

-=al=- wrote: »
    Someone put a piece of yellow ribbon on my wrist in 2010 at the fest and it's still there to this day... anyone remember what the cause was for?

the "6th" anniversary

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Phantom music man said that there is set to be another act announced this evening when the EP website is updated. Presumably this will be MBV?

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭MrVoracious

Worst line up ever! Anyone want a pic of wristbands coz I aint going!

Yeah can I get them?

Edit: didn't see the €5 charge.. Sneaky :D
    Anyone willing to send me pics?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

So, basically I'm gunna be a cheeky b*st*rd here and ask if anyone could send me pictures of wristbands/t-shirts/programmes :o

If anyone can help me out I would be forever in their debt :) Just trying to save a few bob :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 Chuckels

They really aren't being that fussy! You could probably google some pictures from each year and get the discount.
    I have been twice before and my third photo was just a random one of body & soul (i.e. no one in foreground) and I got the €149 discount.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Scoobydooo

Ya I'm going to be another cheeky so and so asking for a photo of 3 wristbands or whatever, I'd really be eternally grateful! Been in 2010 but as a broke student every little discount I could get my grubby hands on would be fantastic! Getting to see Johnny Marr who's one of my heroes would be a dream :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Yeah can I get them?

Edit: didn't see the €5 charge.. Sneaky :D
    Anyone willing to send me pics?

I have two wrist bands if you want a pic ?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Hammer91

threein99 wrote: »

yes please

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Worst line up ever! Anyone want a pic of wristbands coz I aint going!

EDIT - I will give you 5euro as well

That's very generous of you but please there's no need to give money as well. Just the pics will be fine.

Now don't anybody attempt to sell pics either. That's just being a dick.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭dia squish

If anyone has any photos etc that could help me get a discount, please send em my way, I'll love you forever :)

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Conbhar

Anyone know if the code will work if your buying from a ticketmaster outlet or does it just work if your buying online?

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Scoobydooo

Oh and for people who've managed to get the code, did you have to send all 3 bands in the one photo or 2 bands and a t-shirt or whatever? I could try to get creative otherwise

• Registered Users Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭endainoz

I can give someone a photo of my hoodie I bought there in 2010 if they want it?

Decent lineup so far but could do with some more mid level Irish acts I think, maybe even a bit of folk like last year

That's be great thanks!

• Advertisement

2010 and 2011 wrist bands. Couldn't sent pics via pm for some reason

Edit: Its upside :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Are they not checking if they're getting 100 e-mails with the same pictures attached?

Are they not checking if they're getting 100 e-mails with the same pictures attached?

Better be quick just in case :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭recyclebin

Better be quick just in case :P

Be creative and crop it, rotate it, make it black and white and use a few instagram effects.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Well I'm just wondering if, down the line, ticketmaster/EP/whoever decide to do a bit more with regard to verifying these things, will they just go ahead and cancel a load of orders which they believe are using duplicate stuff? I'm assuming it says somewhere in the tiny print that they reserve the right to cancel transactions etc. etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭sassyj

I still can't get over the PR folk for EP naming this year as the "10th Anniversary" in the lunch time press release...

You and Toast should form a support group

Well I'm just wondering if, down the line, ticketmaster/EP/whoever decide to do a bit more with regard to verifying these things, will they just go ahead and cancel a load of orders which they believe are using duplicate stuff? I'm assuming it says somewhere in the tiny print that they reserve the right to cancel transactions etc. etc.

They accepted a screenshot of a pic off my Facebook page of the main stage from 2009 with Madness in lights, I doubt they are too fussy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

Only discovering the lineup now, and I'm pretty happy. I was really hoping for Portishead, so their absence is a disappointment, as is FBS's presence! OCS? I just can't fathom them being there at all.

Thrilled with Eels, Bjork, Johnny Marr, and looking forward to seeing further announcements.

2010 and 2011 wrist bands. Couldn't sent pics via pm for some reason

Edit: Its upside :D

Thanks for that!
    If anyone has any from a different year too could you send it to me. I feel like i'm really scrounging but as a student anything to save money is worth doing. :D
    Thanks in advance

• Advertisement

Thanks for that!
    If anyone has any from a different year too could you send it to me. I feel like i'm really scrounging but as a student anything to save money is worth doing. :D
    Thanks in advance

They accept pictures you took at the festival too

Advertisement