Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2013 *Discussion only. NO ticket sales/requests*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 sports_mad_lad

I originally planned on heading to oxegen this summer but the lack of instruments has put me off and was considering trying EP this year, so just have two quick questions. One, can anyone describe the atmosphe compared to the likes of oxegen?

Second, does anyone know the likelihood of another big act being announced? There does appear to be a slight focus on a more mainstream act this year and would love someone like the killers to play again, is there any chance of anyone in this ilk playing? Cheers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

I originally planned on heading to oxegen this summer but the lack of instruments has put me off and was considering trying EP this year, so just have two quick questions. One, can anyone describe the atmosphe compared to the likes of oxegen?

Better. Older crowd. More chilled out. Less chance of being stabbed or set on fire. More chance of having fun.
    Second, does anyone know the likelihood of another big act being announced?

Likely enough. Whether it's a name you like or not is another thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭conti

One, can anyone describe the atmosphe compared to the likes of oxegen?

Second, does anyone know the likelihood of another big act being announced? There does appear to be a slight focus on a more mainstream act this year and would love someone like the killers to play again, is there any chance of anyone in this ilk playing? Cheers!

First question: A hell of a lot safer, way more relaxed. Although the last 2 years in a row my tent was broken into and ramsacked, the first year they took my rum, second year they didn't take anything, just made a mess and left a half rolled joint on my air mattress. But in comparison to Oxegen it's like dancing around a maypole.

Second: Yes, they have about three big waves of announcements for picnic, I reckon there will be another one or 2 headliners announced along with some other great acts. Body & Soul have also yet to release the lineup for their stages too.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Gramsey

I literally searched twitter for 'ep tickets' and some young lad tweeted a photo of three wristbands on his bed,i sent that picture to the email address and just got the discount code :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

I have one spare €169 code if it's needed by anyone!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 elainew90

Worst line up ever! Anyone want a pic of wristbands coz I aint going!

EDIT - I will give you 5euro as well

Any chance I can get a pic of one wrist band!! I have my others Im just short one!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,357 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

i was at that looking up at him sitting on the speakers drinking a bottle of water while the laptop did the rest thinking he could at least make it look like it's a big deal.

the saturday night slot is now down to 4 or 5 different groups like orbital/chemical brothers/fatboy slim/massive attack
    should the organisers go mad one year and put in a non dance crowd? it'll probably result in a decrease of glostix sales though..

Massive attack as a late night dance headliner?? clearly haven't got a clue!

Glow sticks rock!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 tom9metalgear

I have one spare €169 code if it's needed by anyone!!

Hey I'd take it if you're sure, gotta get a train ticket as well so any discounts would be greatly appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Kettle316

Any spare codes for the €169 tickets?? Unbelievably broke student so would love to try and save a few quid on the ticket :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Hey I'd take it if you're sure, gotta get a train ticket as well so any discounts would be greatly appreciated!

PM sent mate, Enjoy!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭Manc-Red

I'd go purely to see Sasha destroy the place, absolute genius of the highest order.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,357 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

All this early bird ticket talk!

Does this mean I need get up early on sat morning (u c**ts!!) to ensure I get a ticket!!

All this press and hype, the line up even on the news WTF there was a time where I had to explain what the EP was to some people!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Anyone got a pic of 3 ep bands ? I only have the one :( cant find the others .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Fatfrog wrote: »
    All this early bird ticket talk!
    Does this mean I need get up early on sat morning

I can't see every ticket for the picnic selling out on Saturday but if there is a limited number of cheapos / early birds (say 5000 which I just pulled out of my ass) it is very possible they could sell out. They've said nothing about there being a limited number of tickets yet but if they do I'd recommend people get off their arses Saturday morning to be sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

i have a few things from various picnics around the house, i'll throw them up online later this evening and put them up. to lazy at the minute to go searching

• Registered Users Posts: 11,771 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Toast wrote: »
    I can't see every ticket for the picnic selling out on Saturday but if there is a limited number of cheapos / early birds (say 5000 which I just pulled out of my ass) it is very possible they could sell out. They've said nothing about there being a limited number of tickets yet but if they do I'd recommend people get off their arses Saturday morning to be sure.

I'd say they'd have to flag it beforehand if it was only a limited number of discounted tickets going on sale!

Think they're only doing it for a set period to get the cash up front, so putting a limit on it would be counterproductive imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

I'll be getting up early Saturday morning anyway just to be sure I get my tickets and I can relax then.

Still hoping for Goldfrapp.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Massive attack as a late night dance headliner?? clearly haven't got a clue!

Glow sticks rock!!

they were a few years ago... or maybe second to last, but i remember there being feck all else on at the time so i saw them. was 05 or 06...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Mr.S wrote: »
    From the launch,My Bloody Valentine, The Knife, Wutang Clan, Black Uhuru added to the bill.

That will do me! everything I post about EP from here on in will only be positive :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

danniemcq wrote: »
    i have a few things from various picnics around the house, i'll throw them up online later this evening and put them up. to lazy at the minute to go searching

Any chance of a pm when you get the time would be fantastic :)

(I really do hate to be cheeky like this but money is money :P)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭-=al=-

You can avail of these cheaper prices until the 27th of May... The festival hasn't sold out in years so there should be no mad rush on Saturday morning for ticks

• Registered Users Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

That line up has just got so much better, The Knife yusssss, Black Uhuru will be bloody amazing great reggae and MBV. I don't know Wutang Clan though.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Already invested in Latitude and Longitude waiting for EP to get it's **** together and didn't think I'd make it if it ever did..

..BUT MBV, The Knife, Mr Marr, Eels, The Walkmen, Savages already tickling my fancy... plus the guaranteed 2 or 3 extra I'm sure I'll be delighted to see in the later announcements, plus cheap tickets and deposit scheme - how can I say no? Can't wait already

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭iainconlon12

Would anybody possibly have an spare pictures of their tickets or codes goin? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Gramsey

Wu Tang will be the best thing to ever happen to me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Hammer91

whos sponsoring the event anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Gramsey wrote: »
    Wu Tang will be the best thing to ever happen to me :)

Used to love a bit of Wu Tang in my school days, but I personally don't think Hip Hop comes across well in a live setting. I actually think Wu Tang are one of the worst at it unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

ARCTIC MONKEYS!!!!!!!

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭iainconlon12

threein99 wrote: »
    I have two wrist bands if you want a pic ?

Any chance of a pic of one of 'em? Hah, I feel like a cnut asking this :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭ryaner777

Any chance of a pic of one of 'em? Hah, I feel like a cnut asking this :P

Can I've a pic of the other one ?:o

Cheers

Advertisement