Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2013 *Discussion only. NO ticket sales/requests*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 47 johnjoesim

Any chance of the lumineers being added still do ye reckon or are all the big announcements out of the way with now?

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭glorified g

I was a bit underwhelmed with the lineup when I saw it first, mainly because of the headliners. Not a Bjork fan at all. FBS is good but I would've thought he would be lower on the bill. I like Arctic Monkeys a lot so its not all bad. After taking a proper look at the rest of the bill though there are easily 10-15 acts that I want to try and see. That's without the full line up and the Body and Soul announcements. Pretty happy with it now!

They also sent me a code for the €149 tickets instead of the €169! The super witty and charming email I sent along with my photo must have worked! I'm off to Boston for the summer but to I'm going to be wishing the time away waiting for this!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 am777

Anybody know when the website will be going live?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 am777

spoke too soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Chuckels

am777 wrote: »
    spoke too soon!

Was about to ask the same!

Woop and we are live!!

www.electricpicnic.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,550 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

EP_overlay_refresh2-01.png

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Whatsernamex33

Not a bad line up at all. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭iainconlon12

Think there'll be any more band announcements?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

no tame impala :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Steve O

Bjork will be fantastic. Hopefully some decent electronic acts will be announced in the coming months.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

Mr.S wrote: »
    The Knife haven't been announced?
    Sorry, that was just my precognition kicking in again. It get so strong sometimes that I can't discriminate between future and present events.

Anyway, Wu-tang's a good addition. Hope it goes better than Oxegen '07, apparently they were shokcing at it , treating their fans to all their favourite hits like mmmmmffffmmmfff and bbbbvvvbbbvvv. Not through any fault of their own - the sound was completely FUBAR, even by Oxegen standards.

Listening to a bit of Black Uhuru now on recommendation from a mate and I'm definitely feeling some positive riddims. Lineup's looking a bit tidier already.

EDIT: Oh snap, HudMo as well. This pleases me.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

ricero wrote: »
    no tame impala :(

Tame Impala are paying their own gig here in august.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Evil Sausage

Were Palma Violets in the initial lineup as well? Dont remember seeing that.

Happy with those new additions, saw MBV the last time at EP and was hoping for a smaller venue this time around but its help make my decision

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭roll

am i the only one that thinks the promoters were reading this thread when they held mbv and the knife from the earlier announcement?! that line up with b&s, mindfield et al is a steal for €149.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

roll wrote: »
    am i the only one that thinks the promoters were reading this thread when they held mbv and the knife from the earlier announcement?! that line up with b&s, mindfield et al is a steal for €149.....

Really? I am bitterly dissapointed, far prefer The Longitude line-up, If I go I wont be taking two days off for the picnic, I might head down late and leave sunday night there is literally no band there I would mind missing and I've been the last five years.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭budgemook

When will day by day be announced? Was at 6 full picnics but can't go this year except Sunday. Have wanted to see the knife for about 7 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,771 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

budgemook wrote: »
    When will day by day be announced? Was at 6 full picnics but can't go this year except Sunday. Have wanted to see the knife for about 7 years.

Think that's usually announced very close to EP as in 2/2 weeks before maybe..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

If I get a code for a reduced price can I order 2 tickets with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭roll

Really? I am bitterly dissapointed, far prefer The Longitude line-up, If I go I wont be taking two days off for the picnic, I might head down late and leave sunday night there is literally no band there I would mind missing and I've been the last five years.

longitude doesn't have b&s, mindfield, comedy, salty dog, the raves in the wood at night.... need i go on?!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

budgemook wrote: »

Keep an eye on their tour dates on their own website. They usually always give away the date there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

kc66 wrote: »
    If I get a code for a reduced price can I order 2 tickets with it?

Yep.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Polka_Dot

Very tempted to see if I can get the €150 code. Is it really just a case of giving them any old photo as "proof"? I haven't been before but if it's as easy as some people are saying I might as well give it a go!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Polka_Dot wrote: »
    Very tempted to see if I can get the €150 code. Is it really just a case of giving them any old photo as "proof"? I haven't been before but if it's as easy as some people are saying I might as well give it a go!

I did send them four different pics from 08 09 11 and 12, got a lovely email back this guy saying how great my pics were here's your code and have a great picnic!!
    To b honest the pics could have all been from one ep so I'f uve four pics of u in a crowd I'd send them!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,771 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

roll wrote: »
    longitude doesn't have b&s, mindfield, comedy, salty dog, the raves in the wood at night.... need i go on?!:pac:

Or camping which is a pain for anyone living outside of Dublin! Think there's more bands I'd want to see at Longtitude though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Jaysus, The 1975 crept into the line-up. A truly awful band!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Korvanica wrote: »
    Anyone got a pic of 3 ep bands ? I only have the one :( cant find the others .

I posted a pic of two a page or two back

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

What's the email you send the pictures to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Eod100 wrote: »
    Or camping which is a pain for anyone living outside of Dublin! Think there's more bands I'd want to see at Longtitude though!

If it was camping I'd go to Longitude, even though as a festival it would be hard to beat Electric Picnic. But line-up is the determining factor for me anyway, not going to EP at the moment anyway, would love to see that change.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭Rfrip

nocoverart wrote: »
    Jaysus, The 1975 crept into the line-up. A truly awful band!

I actually like that song chocolate ...hangs head in shame....

Advertisement