Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2013 *Discussion only. NO ticket sales/requests*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭alleystar

nocoverart wrote: »
    Jaysus, The 1975 crept into the line-up. A truly awful band!

They're not awful. Chocolate's not great but their other stuff isn't bad - Antichrist, Me, Facedown, Heads.Cars.Bending. Take your pick from their EPs. They just release those crap tunes like Chocolate because that's what sells.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

after being pretty meh about the lineup this morning, the launch additions and now the extra ones on the poster have me very happy with:

Bjork
    The Knife
    My Bloody Valentine
    Wu-Tang Clan
    David Byrne & St. Vincent
    Disclosure
    Warpaint
    Eels
    The Walkmen
    Johnny Marr
    Hudson Mohawke
    Savages
    Baauer
    Polica
    Chvrches
    Mano Le Tough
    Mount Kimbie
    Blondes

plus a few more that i wouldn't be against seeing if i was brought along to them like Arctic Monkeys, Franz Ferdinand, Palma Violets and Tiga.

with probably another 2 announcements and B&S acts to be announced, it's looking pretty good to me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭whatlliwear

I have only been to one Picnic. Sad but true.
    If anyone isn't going & would like to help a gal out?

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Polka_Dot

Rfrip wrote: »
    I did send them four different pics from 08 09 11 and 12, got a lovely email back this guy saying how great my pics were here's your code and have a great picnic!!
    To b honest the pics could have all been from one ep so I'f uve four pics of u in a crowd I'd send them!!

Great thanks, I should be able to conjure something up so! Of course if anyone would like to help that'd be very much appreciated... :P

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

At last - an act on the bill not playing at Primavera that I've never seen and really love

MOUNT KIMBIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

... ok maybe not quite daft punk but I am quite excited about it.....

HudMo, Mano Le Tough, MBV, The Knife too

Starting to get excited.

No word of the Rave in the Woods - people think it'll be on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

danniemcq wrote: »
    i have a few things from various picnics around the house, i'll throw them up online later this evening and put them up. to lazy at the minute to go searching

have more that i can't find will take pics when i do

http://imgur.com/a/fE8yi

Don't send them the direct link to the pics save and reupload with some changes to image

• Registered Users Posts: 8,133 ✭✭✭dinneenp

At last - an act on the bill not playing at Primavera that I've never seen and really love

Starting to get excited.

Have you seen Mount Kimbe before?
    Not sure how well they'll be on a big stage. I saw them about 2 years ago in Roisin Dubh and it was extremelly low key

Put My Bloody Valentine on Sunday PLEASE....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

Using You Tube to get familar with all the bands, determined to know them all well so when we go down we'll miss nothing good! Can't wait to get down to Electric Picnic again!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

good to see Hudson Mohawke back, didn't know what to expect last year but it was a good experience:)

• Advertisement

SmokeyEyes wrote: »
    Using You Tube to get familar with all the bands, determined to know them all well so when we go down we'll miss nothing good! Can't wait to get down to Electric Picnic again!

This is for you!
    From Nialler9, added a 90 minute playlist featuring each band playing epfestival this year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

ryaner777 wrote: »
    Can I've a pic of the other one ?:o

Cheers
    Any chance of a pic of one of 'em? Hah, I feel like a cnut asking this :P

I posted a pic of both bands on the second post on page 119 willing to send you individual ones if you want ?

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭iainconlon12

threein99 wrote: »
    I posted a pic of both bands on the second post on page 119 willing to send you individual ones if you want ?

Any chance you could send an individual one in pm?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭budgemook

maximoose wrote: »
    Keep an eye on their tour dates on their own website. They usually always give away the date there.

Ok. 50 50 shot they're playing the Sunday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Any chance you could send an individual one in pm?

Don't think you can send pics in pm tried it earlier

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

SmokeyEyes wrote: »

Just play The Knife and nothing else will matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

dinneenp wrote: »
    This is for you!
    From Nialler9, added a 90 minute playlist featuring each band playing epfestival this year

Excellent we'll get to it!
    nocoverart wrote: »
    Just play The Knife and nothing else will matter.

First band we listened to, we're digging it!

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Evil Sausage

Starting to get excited.

HA! Didnt see them listed earlier either. VERY happy with that

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Not a bad lineup. Really like David Byrne's last album, his live performances look great too.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Not a bad lineup. Really like David Byrne's last album, his live performances look great too.

DB is amazing live. One of my favourite concerts was him in the NCH.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Any chance of Flaming Lips getting added to this line-up?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Holy sh1t! really impressed with Blondes. This line-up is actually shaping up to be much better than I first feared, and considering all the fuss to even get it on. Not mind blowing but much better with the Evening additions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,357 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Any chance of Flaming Lips getting added to this line-up?

Agreed!! 10th year wouldn't be right without them!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,550 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

budgemook wrote: »
    Ok. 50 50 shot they're playing the Sunday

There is a good chance they might take a breather after the Zurich gig on the 30th, so more likely they will miss the Saturday and play Sunday night like Fever Ray did in 2010.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭MrVoracious

Hopefully I should get an email today with a discount code... How long does it normally take after sending pics?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Chuckels

Hopefully I should get an email today with a discount code... How long does it normally take after sending pics?

I sent off my pics yesterday early enough heard back within 40mins, then in afternoon my friend did the same and they heard back within an hour. So I would imagine they're coming in this morning to a lot of emails (they only open at 9:30am), so I would imagine you will most likely hear back before lunch anyway, depending on demand!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Happy with that line up, with plenty more to come i'm sure.
    Only fair i guess, seeing as it's the 10th anniversary and all.....

• Registered Users Posts: 28,169 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Am i the only one who thinks there's very little eletric in the line up besides fatboy, no mention of a Bodytonic arena or anything similar. Oxygen/longitude are still looking more like an eletric picnic lineup. Hoping some acts more in tune with the roots of the festival appear on the line up, it's just way to much of an indie festival as it stands.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

I have a code I won't be using for 2 tickets.

First PM gets it.

Edit: exilec got there first. Apologies to the others - 2 pm'd @ 9.30 but exilec was first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭budgemook

There is a good chance they might take a breather after the Zurich gig on the 30th, so more likely they will miss the Saturday and play Sunday night like Fever Ray did in 2010.

Hopefully you're right but I'm not sure I see the logic in this

Advertisement