Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2013 *Discussion only. NO ticket sales/requests*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Folzy

[quote="drunkmonkey;84336599" Oxygen/longitude are still looking more like an eletric picnic lineup.[/quote]

Oxegen????

Pitbull doesnt really strike me as a seminal EP act....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

One, can anyone describe the atmosphe compared to the likes of oxegen?

Been to several Oxegens and EPs. I really enjoyed Oxegen when i was younger but at the age i am at now i much prefer the EP atmos and I wouldn't go back to oxegen unless you gave me free tickets and a camper van!!

Oxegen is where you go totally mental when you've just done the leaving cert or finished first year in college, EP is generally a more mature crowd - people are still there for a good time mind you, but there's far less 'madness' - it's laid back.

I have noticed that the security at EP are politer as well and treat you like an adult - I suppose that works both ways though, they have to deal with wired kids all day at oxegen.

One thing I have done in recent times at EP is deliberately went easy on the alcohol and made a concious effort to go and see as much stuff as possible

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭MattD

Emailed the info address with my picture of wristbands and they say that the mailbox is full! :/

Y'all have me freaked out that I have to get my code before Saturday, and I'm going away in a couple of hours for the weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,673 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Am i the only one who thinks there's very little eletric in the line up besides fatboy, no mention of a Bodytonic arena or anything similar. Oxygen/longitude are still looking more like an eletric picnic lineup. Hoping some acts more in tune with the roots of the festival appear on the line up, it's just way to much of an indie festival as it stands.

Was thinking that myself too....is there any chance Daft Punk could be added I wonder? New album coming out soon.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Nah, Daft Punk aren't touring at the moment. Might well have one or two bigger acts added after the initial reduced tickets offer is gotten rid of. That's the end of May

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Am i the only one who thinks there's very little eletric in the line up besides fatboy, no mention of a Bodytonic arena or anything similar. Oxygen/longitude are still looking more like an eletric picnic lineup. Hoping some acts more in tune with the roots of the festival appear on the line up, it's just way to much of an indie festival as it stands.
    Bodytonic haven't been there for years, but the DJs and electronic acts were in the subsequent announcements last year.
    here's the initial announcement last year, only a few electronic acts, and John Digweed cancelled within the first week or 2 from what I remember:
    http://www.irishtimes.com/blogs/ontherecord/2012/03/01/here-we-go-electric-picnic-2012-official-line-up/

there were loads by the time EP came around, including plenty on the 3 B&S stages:
    http://nialler9.com/electric-picnic-2012-mixtape-stage-times/

so should be plenty there in the end :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,771 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

http://www.irishtimes.com/culture/music/electric-picnic-was-in-doubt-over-poor-2012-sales-promoter-1.1373737?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

''There will be no more announcements over the coming days.''

Does this mean there won't be more announcements full-stop?Or that there will be but they just won't be in the next few days? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Chuckels

Eod100 wrote: »
    http://www.irishtimes.com/culture/music/electric-picnic-was-in-doubt-over-poor-2012-sales-promoter-1.1373737?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Does this mean there won't be more announcements full-stop?Or that there will be but they just won't be in the next few days? :confused:

I would imagine it's just for now. As someone said above, they may wait until end of early bird and release more acts then to get a renewed interest in the festival...

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Conbhar

Eod100 wrote: »

It just means that over the coming days or maybe even weeks that there will be no more announcements. Give it a few days or weeks and then you'll hear of more announcements and acts being added. That's the way it's been since I can remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,771 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Chuckels wrote: »
    I would imagine it's just for now. As someone said above, they may wait until end of early bird and release more acts then to get a renewed interest in the festival...
    Conbhar wrote: »
    It just means that over the coming days or maybe even weeks that there will be no more announcements. Give it a few days or weeks and then you'll hear of more announcements and acts being added. That's the way it's been since I can remember.

Yeah there'd have to be more announcements with things like Body and Soul etc.

Also like how he said “In 2007 and 2008, when people thought money was growing on trees and tickets were €230, people didn’t think about it, but times are tough now so I have been really keen about reducing the ticket prices'', people have a good chance to get discounted tickets this year but after July 28th it's still €230!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,133 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Can anyone tell why MBValentine, Knife etc. weren't included in the main announcement but were about 4 hours later. Seems stupid, odd.
    I could understand if they waited a few weeks but a few hours later makes no sense to me.

Am I the only one who would be happy with a seperate thread about applying for discount tickets, getting proof etc.?

dinneenp wrote: »
    Can anyone tell why MBValentine, Knife etc. weren't included in the main announcement but were about 4 hours later. Seems stupid, odd.
    I could understand if they waited a few weeks but a few hours later makes no sense to me.

Am I the only one who would be happy with a seperate thread about applying for discount tickets, getting proof etc.?

I presume they need to keep SOMETHING back for the launch party. Not much of a launch if everyone knew what was happening...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

i don't think too many people attending the launch knew there was anything being held back tbh, all about the free food and drink :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭ceegee

dinneenp wrote: »

They did the same with the killers last year, makes no sense to me, particularly when they were the biggest act there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

ceegee wrote: »
    They did the same with the killers last year, makes no sense to me, particularly when they were the biggest act there.

From the court case transcripts it seems as though the Killers were tacked on to the bill to improve day ticket sales. This resulted in Elbow etc. being bumped down the line.

The seems to be a different issue/mistake. With all the spelling mistakes and the anniversigate debacle :D I wouldn't be surprised if they were still confirming bands yesterday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭MrVoracious

Just got my discount code. Any idea when it has to be used by and how many tickets I can buy with it?

Just got my discount code. Any idea when it has to be used by and how many tickets I can buy with it?

Did you just send a picture? And who to? and when?! I sent a picture of my wristbands this morning, but I haven't had a reply yet!

Getting a bit anxious! but don't want to rub anyone up the wrong way with constant emails

Once you have your code, it's valid till May 27th I believe and you can get 2 tickets with it

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭MrVoracious

MattD wrote: »
    Did you just send a picture? And who to? and when?! I sent a picture of my wristbands this morning, but I haven't had a reply yet!

Getting a bit anxious! but don't want to rub anyone up the wrong way with constant emails

Once you have your code, it's valid till May 27th I believe and you can get 2 tickets with it

Sent a pic of me at the picnic last year and a pic of 2 wristbands from here. I sent it last night and just got a reply as I was typing a message like what you just said :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,984 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

mbv confirmed

Ah grand, that's fair!

Everyone here has got me paranoid about the 150 euro tickets running out! Particularly when i actually have the 3 picnic proof sitting here in front of me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭aranciata

Broke college student here, would anybody have a spare code or images of wristbands or merchandise they'd be willing to forward to me? I know it's a bit cheeky to ask but I might never again get a chance to see the Knife on these shores. Any help would be very much appreciated!

Has anyone tried taking generic pics from Google Images or a website like Flickr and sending those in?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,550 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

aranciata wrote: »
    Broke college student here, would anybody have a spare code or images of wristbands or merchandise they'd be willing to forward to me? I know it's a bit cheeky to ask but I might never again get a chance to see the Knife on these shores. Any help would be very much appreciated!

Has anyone tried taking generic pics from Google Images or a website like Flickr and sending those in?

Your welcome to flick through my blog I have 3 or 4 reviews for the Picnic from different years take some of the photos from there and use them if you like.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭mangledbadgers

I sent in 3 random pics of EP acts I found on the net, basic pics of 3 diff acts on stage, and got the 149.50 discount code this morning! So anything goes!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,133 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Some of my photos from 2008 festival.
    Would be funny sending these in, that's me looking totally spaced out/passed out/I'm the superhero
    2823676977_ccf6c8ecbd.jpg
    peace man by Photoblog.ie (Patrick Dinneen), on Flickr

2822780684_cb0391b8bf.jpg
    It's game over man, it's game over by Photoblog.ie (Patrick Dinneen), on Flickr

2822769268_d16d4fb7fc.jpg
    Breeders crowd by Photoblog.ie (Patrick Dinneen), on Flickr

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Onecoolcookie

Anyone had a reply from the eployalty@ticketmaster email this morning, fired off some photos last night but haven't heard anything back

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭recyclebin

Who did you send the pictures to? I sent an e-mail to eployalty@ticketmaster.ie last night and havn't heard anything back yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Chuckels

I have texts from four diff friends who sent off pictures last night that have gotten codes in the last hour. So it would seem they are doing it in some sort of chronological order (somewhat).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Onecoolcookie

recyclebin wrote: »
    Who did you send the pictures to? I sent an e-mail to eployalty@ticketmaster.ie last night and havn't heard anything back yet.

Yup same here and no reply yet

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭recyclebin

I only sent it at 11pm last night so they must be working through them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Sent mine at about half 11/12 I think (could have been earlier) and got a reply at half 11 with an 8 digit code :D 150 ticket in the bag!

Advertisement