Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2013 *Discussion only. NO ticket sales/requests*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,771 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Mr.S wrote: »
    Has anyone asked it there is a cap on the number of cheap tickets sold?

Don't know the official answer but I doubt there's a cap!Looks like they're just available for a set period. Think they'd have to flag it in advance if there was a cap!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

I'm surprised to see Adam Ant there, didn't know he had recovered and was playing again.

He's got a new album out apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

the b52s are in Germany the week before, alison moyet here at end of september, Agnostic Front in italy in August

• Registered Users Posts: 12,550 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Well St Vincent just confirmed on Facebook that herself and David Byrne will be playing on the 1st September, so here is the first of the day splits. Talking Heads fans will maybe be glad of this as it could be just a day trip rather than a weekend thing.

https://www.facebook.com/events/452049508214934/

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Mr.S wrote: »
    Earlybird tickets sold out in the past, did they not? and they where on sale for a set time, but no mention of cap? Or am I wrong? hmm just seems that EVERYONE has a code so I wouldn't be surprised!

Yeah but weren't they always on sale before Christmas and before anyone knew the lineup? You're right though, don't think there was ever a specific mention to a cap on early birds before but thought people knew they were limited.. This seems different though..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭recyclebin

Anyone else still waiting on a code? I sent the e-mail yesterday and have not heard anything at all today. Others seem to have got a reply straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Marseyred

I sent my pictures to the EP info email link first as i didn't know of the EPloyalty@ticketmaster email at the time. I've received codes from both so I have an extra 3+ discount for the 149.50 tickets, so if anyone wants it pm me.
    Will give to first message received

Gone !!! Given to first pm received!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Eod100 wrote: »
    Yeah but weren't they always on sale before Christmas and before anyone knew the lineup? You're right though, don't think there was ever a specific mention to a cap on early birds before but thought people knew they were limited.. This seems different though..

i'm pretty sure they're usually on sale as "limited loyalty/early bird tickets".
    no mention of "limited" on these from what i've seen.

i'm pretty sure they're usually on sale as "limited loyalty/early bird tickets".
    no mention of "limited" on these from what i've seen.

Hope so, there's no way I'm getting up for 9am on a Saturday! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 12,550 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Just a reminder of the Knifes new album Shaking the Habitual available to listen to online here. This includes a 19 minute soundscape like the Knifes previous CD the soundtrack Tomorrow In a Year. All the rest is fairly quirky, rocky and dancy too.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 Cybersausage

I remember seeing system of a down in the romoured line up and was just wondering what the actual chances of them being added at a later date? Or does anyone even think they'd be suited to electric picnic?
    Cheers..

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭sdgbt

I remember seeing system of a down in the romoured line up and was just wondering what the actual chances of them being added at a later date? Or does anyone even think they'd be suited to electric picnic?
    Cheers..

I haven't listened to them in years, but from what I remember I can't really see them suiting the picnic. Maybe you'll get lucky with a standalone gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

Nine Inch Nails are in Reading the weekend before - that would be all kinds of awesome!

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭freddiemoore

Just after seeing this: http://zurichopenair.ch/
    Same dates as EP - be great and not unlikely if some of them were added to the bill. Great to see Justice again!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Just a reminder of the Knifes new album Shaking the Habitual available to listen to online here. This includes a 19 minute soundscape like the Knifes previous CD the soundtrack Tomorrow In a Year. All the rest is fairly quirky, rocky and dancy too.

I would recommend that anybody who's checking them out for the first time try one of their previous 3 albums before the new one ( Silent Shout been their masterpiece )Shaking the Habitual is not the most accessible of albums LOL.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Sky King wrote: »
    Nine Inch Nails are in Reading the weekend before - that would be all kinds of awesome!
    they're in America on the Saturday of EP, so probably won't be here on the Friday.
    would love to see Deftones here, but they're playing that on the Thursday, then Austria and Italy on the Friday and Saturday. don't know if Chino would still have a voice by the Sunday :pac:

nocoverart wrote: »
    I would recommend that anybody who's checking them out for the first time try one of their previous 3 albums before the new one ( Silent Shout been their masterpiece )Shaking the Habitual is not the most accessible of albums LOL.

Here are some other tracks that knife newcomers might like.

Can't recommend Silent Shout enough, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Space Shanty

Time to stop lurking.
    Seems that by tomorrow evening everyone will be in possession of a 149 euro ticket....nice one.
    Hopefully further down the line they add !!! to the line-up.

Anyone any idea about when campervan tickets will be released?

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Goldigga

Anyone any idea about when campervan tickets will be released?

They are being released tomorrow aswell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Steve O

I hope they don't sell out before Tuesday.

• Advertisement

EP are saying on Twitter that discounted tickets will be available at any point before May 27th..

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭glorified g

That's an understatement! Had a listen to it in work during the week and it just sounded like noise. I really like Silent Shout and Deep Cuts though! I think Shaking The Habitual is going to take some time to grow on me!

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭MeetReality

Quiet please with the line-up so far, Mount Kimbie will more than make up for cancelling Body and Soul a couple of years ago.

Going on the quality of dance acts touring this summer I'd hope to see any of Moderat, Hot Natured, Julio Bashmore, Maya Jane Coles, Detroit Swindle, Benoit and Sergio, Soul Clap added to the Little Big Tent. And with dreaming an appearance by Nicolas Jaar would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭CoDy1

Got my code using some random pic off the web!
    Fackin love Hudson Mohawke

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Blondes have blowin me away! (;)) can't believe I never heard of them before... absolute magic to my ears.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,927 ✭✭✭endainoz

I feel the same way about Parquet Courts!! Stoned and starving is epic

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

Quiet please with the line-up so far, Mount Kimbie will more than make up for cancelling Body and Soul a couple of years ago.

Going on the quality of dance acts touring this summer I'd hope to see any of Moderat, Hot Natured, Julio Bashmore, Maya Jane Coles, Detroit Swindle, Benoit and Sergio, Soul Clap added to the Little Big Tent. And with dreaming an appearance by Nicolas Jaar would be great.

Hoping Nicolas Jaar plays too. Missed him last year, when he played Cork and then later on in the year.
    John Talabot is also touring and I don't think I saw his name at B&S, FF or Longitude, so here's hoping.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Roddy23 wrote: »
    Hoping Nicolas Jaar plays too. Missed him last year, when he played Cork and then later on in the year.
    John Talabot is also touring and I don't think I saw his name at B&S, FF or Longitude, so here's hoping.

I missed John talabot last year actually so wud love to see him
    I'm going to spend the weekend on you tube listening to the many acts announced that I've never heard of!

If you're looking for new bands, also try out these guys:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Blondes have blowin me away! (;)) can't believe I never heard of them before... absolute magic to my ears.

Just you tubed a few, I like a lot!

Advertisement