Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2013 *Discussion only. NO ticket sales/requests*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭freddiemoore

I know a million people already post this query, but is there anyone else still awaiting reply from EP? Sent off my photos, legit ones, not ones I robbed from here :P last night and still no word back from em..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

Conbhar wrote: »
    Just wondering if you had the discount code with you when you went to get your ep ticket?

yeah id the code with me just gave it in and got my ticket no hassle at all.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

What are the chances a 17 year old could get into electric picnic, even if its just to see mbv (who are playing on the friday)

Well you won't get a day ticket for the Friday, so if you're thinking of going down without a ticket, it's more hassle then it's worth.

Got my discount code, have always payed in cash at my local ticketmaster, but three pics of me at different EPs did the trick! Although if I had have just asked for a code without proof I reckon I'd have got one.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭breakfasttime

I know a million people already post this query, but is there anyone else still awaiting reply from EP? Sent off my photos, legit ones, not ones I robbed from here :P last night and still no word back from em..

I sent my pictures to the loyalty email address yesterday, still waiting to hear back, so heres hoping!

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭MrVoracious

Well you won't get a day ticket for the Friday, so if you're thinking of going down without a ticket, it's more hassle then it's worth.

Got my discount code, have always payed in cash at my local ticketmaster, but three pics of me at different EPs did the trick! Although if I had have just asked for a code without proof I reckon I'd have got one.

Well i'm 21 so i'm ok but one of my friends who already has a ticket is 17.. Well they check id on arrival?
    Also if I was to buy a ticket now would I be put in a different campsite or are campsites allocated when we arrive.. Should we have all bought the tickets at the same time?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

Well i'm 21 so i'm ok but one of my friends who already has a ticket is 17.. Well they check id on arrival?
    Also if I was to buy a ticket now would I be put in a different campsite or are campsites allocated when we arrive.. Should we have all bought the tickets at the same time?

I dont know about checking id but you can camp wherever you like in the general camping areas it doesn't matter when you bought the ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭breakfasttime

the last couple of times I've gone to ep I haven't been id'ed and i'm usually always asked on nights out. I know this isn't solid information but I s'pose if they really want to go it's worth the risk!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Well does your friend look young? I went in 2010 when I was 18 but I'd be really short so would usually get asked for I.D on nights out. But they didn't ask on my way in so as long as your friend doesn't look 14 they should be grand. Also if your friend is a guy, he could always try growing a beard for it :P

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭MrVoracious

Well does your friend look young? I went in 2010 when I was 18 but I'd be really short so would usually get asked for I.D on nights out. But they didn't ask on my way in so as long as your friend doesn't look 14 they should be grand. Also if your friend is a guy, he could always try growing a beard for it :P

Yeah that's what I was thinking. The rest of us are 21 so maybe that'll help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 FC2009

Hi!
    Does anyone know when they will release the names of the companies that are going the boutiques camping this year??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

Are the camping areas generally fairly decent? I've been to Oxegen a few times but never camped cos I lived 15 mins away from Punchestown at the time and only did Elec Pic as a day gig so I'm a total festival camping virgin... I know that it would probably not be as messy as Oxegen given the lack of 16 and 17 years olds (hopefully!) but would anyone out there have opinions about the camping side of things?

I don't mind roughing it a bit but I really really hate the idea of really manky portaloos (not the portaloos themselves but more if they're not attended to and kept fairly clean). Would it be way cleaner to stay in the family area or is it much of a muchness? (I swear I'm a mad yoke really, haha :D)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

Meangadh wrote: »

I don't mind roughing it a bit but I really really hate the idea of really manky portaloos (not the portaloos themselves but more if they're not attended to and kept fairly clean). Would it be way cleaner to stay in the family area or is it much of a muchness? (I swear I'm a mad yoke really, haha :D)

You can only stay in the family camping area if you actually have a child. Totally separate entrance with a family ticket, and children must be registered before hand also.

Like any festival, things start out well but by the end of it it's all a bit ropey. Bring plenty of loo roll and bacterial gel and you should live!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭-=al=-

If it doesn't rain it also makes camping a hell of a lot easier... But I've always found it fine in the Hendrix camp

There is different camping options you can choose for a few quid but I've never tried them they look pretty cool though... and also comfy crappers will sort you out if the portaloos are that bad

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

sadie06 wrote: »
    You can only stay in the family camping area if you actually have a child. Totally separate entrance with a family ticket, and children must be registered before hand also.

Like any festival, things start out well but by the end of it it's all a bit ropey. Bring plenty of loo roll and bacterial gel and you should live!

Cool, yeah was wondering about that too, was thinking would I have to grab a child somewhere! I won't be camping the last night anyway cos I've to go to work the next day so will have packed up outta there before the very end.

Ah I don't mind roughing it a little bit, so long as it's not completely gross. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 britie

10 efforts at 0900 to get Family Camping instalment tix and I end up with general instalment tix...what a royal funk up....Loyalty code is used and sitting on tix I did not look for, positive I had requested the correct tix. What are the odds Ticketmaster will swap for me on Monday. Need family camping or my kids will kill me, they feel they are not prepared to be surrounded by by chemically altered adults!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,771 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Do you think they'll announce more acts between now and May 28th (deadline for discounted tickets?Or wait till after that?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭Rfrip

FC2009 wrote: »
    Hi!
    Does anyone know when they will release the names of the companies that are going the boutiques camping this year??

Cloudhouses squrts and yurts and festihuts are taking bookings, Id say they all must be taking them!

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭ciaranf92

I have a discount code for 1 previous visit (20 euro off per ticket).

PM if anyone wants it.

EDIT - Gone.

ciaranf92 wrote: »
    I have a discount code for 1 previous visit (20 euro off per ticket).

PM if anyone wants it.

Me too if anyone would like it

Gone to a new home

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Ah I don't mind roughing it a little bit, so long as it's not completely gross. Thanks!

I've always found the portaloos in the arena to be grand, they're usually quite clean (as far as portaloos go) and nearly always had toilet roll. The one's in the campsite granted are a bit rotten and I try to avoid them if it all possible. I assume comfy crappers in the campsite are pretty good but there's usually a queue which I can never be bothered standing in.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Steve O

I've always found the portaloos in the arena to be grand, they're usually quite clean (as far as portaloos go) and nearly always had toilet roll. The one's in the campsite granted are a bit rotten and I try to avoid them if it all possible. I assume comfy crappers in the campsite are pretty good but there's usually a queue which I can never be bothered standing in.

I never found too much of a queue to the comfy crappers, great idea too in fairness. I'd kill for comfy showers though the community ones are awful, hmmm me senses a business venture.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭sdgbt

Steve O wrote: »
    I never found too much of a queue to the comfy crappers, great idea too in fairness. I'd kill for comfy showers though the community ones are awful, hmmm me senses a business venture.

In some of the earlier Picnics (definitely 2006) they had these "Posh Wash" showers. They were about €5ish, but you got a little pack with flip flops, shower gel and shampoo in them. Absolutely amazing, was like a new person after it!

Are there no nicer showers at all these days? I was last there in 2010 and didn't really get around to having a shower... :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭recyclebin

For those still waiting on a code, I sent my photos on Thursday night at 11pm and I resent them again on Friday afternoon around 5pm. I didn't get the code until 9am this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Trhiggy83

Bought my last two tickets from ticketmaster so im currently eligible for the €170 ticket, anyone know how i would get proof that i bought a 3rd ticket considering i bought it off a randomer on the day a few years back ?

Trhiggy83 wrote: »
    Bought my last two tickets from ticketmaster so im currently eligible for the €170 ticket, anyone know how i would get proof that i bought a 3rd ticket considering i bought it off a randomer on the day a few years back ?

Just send them three pics of you at ep...they can b all from the same year: I actually wasn't it any of my pics! Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭paulbok

I have a "1 event" discount code if anyone wants it.
    PM for it.

*Update: code now gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭guinang

Trhiggy83 wrote: »

I had the same thing. Bought my ticket for last year from someone in town but had receipts from 2010 & 2011. Sent a pic from 2012 with my timetable around my neck and got the ode back in a couple of hours

• Registered Users Posts: 2,357 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Are the camping areas generally fairly decent?......

...I don't mind roughing it a bit but I really really hate the idea of really manky portaloos (not the portaloos themselves but more if they're not attended to and kept fairly clean). Would it be way cleaner to stay in the family area or is it much of a muchness? (I swear I'm a mad yoke really, haha :D)

The problem is ppl don't flush portaloos properly,(They should integrate the flusher onto the door, so it automatically flushes when door opens) the next couple of ppl hover, a couple pees from further back than they really should + the desperado super hover = a perfectly good toilet out of action!!

For shy females the toilet situation is difficult particularly in the arena at night! Totally recommend the "weeshe" it allows them to pee up against the urinals/fence when things get really bad. Will save hours of queuing over the total weekend. Remember a couple times peeing against the fence, having girls either side squatting.

The main arena usually opens at10, the portaloos will have been cleaned overnight, if you can hold off till then. The other toilets are cleaned during the day hit or miss there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Fatfrog wrote: »
    The problem is ppl don't flush portaloos properly,(They should integrate the flusher onto the door, so it automatically flushes when door opens) the next couple of ppl hover, a couple pees from further back than they really should + the desperado super hover = a perfectly good toilet out of action!!

For shy females the toilet situation is difficult particularly in the arena at night! Totally recommend the "weeshe" it allows them to pee up against the urinals/fence when things get really bad. Will save hours of queuing over the total weekend. Remember a couple times peeing against the fence, having girls either side squatting.

The main arena usually opens at10, the portaloos will have been cleaned overnight, if you can hold off till then. The other toilets are cleaned during the day hit or miss there.

I think everyone needs to experience "The Long Drop" toilets at least once in their life. It builds character :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭paulbok

^ Yes, the campsite toilets will impart a whole new understanding of the kids hiding in the toilets scene in Schindlers List.

Advertisement