Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2013 *Discussion only. NO ticket sales/requests*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭phunks

Does anyone know if your able to use the loyalty code in physical TM outlets rather than online. Cant seem to find anything about it online.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭exilec

phunks wrote: »
    Does anyone know if your able to use the loyalty code in physical TM outlets rather than online. Cant seem to find anything about it online.
    yes you can .. no problem , just show code . Did it yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,357 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

threein99 wrote: »
    I think everyone needs to experience "The Long Drop" toilets at least once in their life. It builds character :P

It's an experience for sure! I call them the "Schindler's list" toilets!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Wonder how ticket sales are going, esp compared to last year. I for one have never bought it so early!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭budgemook

Take 4 to 5 Imodium on the way down and you'll be grand. Stay away from crazy cactus burritos just in case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,770 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Rfrip wrote: »
    Wonder how ticket sales are going, esp compared to last year. I for one have never bought it so early!

Sure they've been on sale less than 48 hours! :P I reckon they've definitely sold less tickets so far than this time last year what with earlybird and loyalty tickets before Christmas and tickets going on sale at the start of March..

Eod100 wrote: »
    Sure they've been on sale less than 48 hours! :P I reckon they've definitely sold less tickets so far than this time last year what with earlybird and loyalty tickets before Christmas and tickets going on sale at the start of March..

Very good point.....sat morn just seems so long ago for some reason....

Il come back in a month with the same question!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭mgkelly

FC2009 wrote: »
    Hi!
    Does anyone know when they will release the names of the companies that are going the boutiques camping this year??

Hi folks
    Anyone know if Tangerine Fields will be there this year? Wasn't there last year but used them the year before & liked them. I am travelling alone probably unless can persuade 9y daughter and/or 11y son to go! Therefore a small tent more economically sensible. All that is linked to on the website so far is catered for bigger groups.
    Maybe just email them?
    Cheers,

Martin

mgkelly wrote: »
    Hi folks
    Anyone know if Tangerine Fields will be there this year? Wasn't there last year but used them the year before & liked them. I am travelling alone probably unless can persuade 9y daughter and/or 11y son to go! Therefore a small tent more economically sensible. All that is linked to on the website so far is catered for bigger groups.
    Maybe just email them?
    Cheers,

Martin

Tangerine fields wasn't there last year, crowd called pink moon( I think) were instead of em. No idea what it was like thou sorry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

budgemook wrote: »
    Take 4 to 5 Imodium on the way down and you'll be grand. Stay away from crazy cactus burritos just in case.

This actually works, the last two festivals I have been I havent had to lay any cable :cool: I even got cocky and had a chilli burger on the saturday night and still nothing :eek:

• Advertisement

Tangerine fields wasn't there last year, crowd called pink moon( I think) were instead of em. No idea what it was like thou sorry

Thanks for this. Found them on net. More reasonable.

Martin

threein99 wrote: »
    This actually works, the last two festivals I have been I havent had to lay any cable :cool: I even got cocky and had a chilli burger on the saturday night and still nothing :eek:
    Go easy, tho' - don't want to end up in hospital with intestinal obstruction!!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭budgemook

Go easy, tho' - don't want to end up in hospital with intestinal obstruction!!;)

Sounds like a man speaking from experience

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

I'm smart about it, I only take 3 imodium :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

The immodium thing is a terrible idea. You're unlikely to actually cause any long term damage but you can and not the pleasant types. Also enjoy wandering around feeling stuffed up and horrible for the festival. There is a reason we poop kids. Hell I'd advise even taking a fiber supplement to counter the food you'll be eating there.

Festivals toilets have come a long way but if you are really screamish about them get into the arena as soon as it opens and you'll have fresh, empty and clean toilets to do your business. Campsites in the morning are hellish. Avoid if at all possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Pink Moon were grand last year, the only difference I noticed between Tangerine Fields and Pink Moon is the Pink Moon 4 man tents, the centre ground sheet wasn't stitched onto the sleeping quarters which meant there was a greater chance of the inside getting a bit mucky...but it's a tiny inconvenience :)

I'll definitely be looking to use Pink Moon this year again, the quiet campsite (when I get back at 6am) allows sleep and the showers etc. were great, queues moved fast and plenty of hot water.
    The jacks were unbelievably clean too, I was pleasantly surprised.

Pink Moon were grand last year, the only difference I noticed between Tangerine Fields and Pink Moon is the Pink Moon 4 man tents, the centre ground sheet wasn't stitched onto the sleeping quarters which meant there was a greater chance of the inside getting a bit mucky...but it's a tiny inconvenience :)

I'll definitely be looking to use Pink Moon this year again, the quiet campsite (when I get back at 6am) allows sleep and the showers etc. were great, queues moved fast and plenty of hot water.
    The jacks were unbelievably clean too, I was pleasantly surprised.

There's an awful lot to b said for arriving to the campsite, tent and everything up waiting for you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,002 ✭✭✭Seedy Arling

Get to the arena early, toilets are very fresh down there, bunt the load out and it sets you up grand for the day.

Nothing like it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭Sergeant

Get to the arena early, toilets are very fresh down there, bunt the load out and it sets you up grand for the day.

Nothing like it!

Would agree with this. Avoid the campsite jacks and make your way sharpish to the arena. Exorcise the demons of dinners past in clean and fresh facilities, then you can go about hitting the cans early knowing you won't be caught short later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,002 ✭✭✭Seedy Arling

Sergeant wrote: »
    Would agree with this. Avoid the campsite jacks and make your way sharpish to the arena. Exorcise the demons of dinners past in clean and fresh facilities, then you can go about hitting the cans early knowing you won't be caught short later.

Its a rookie error to rock on down without bog roll. Always go prepared. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 Marseyred

I have a discount code for 1 previous visit (€169.50 TICKETS).

PM if anyone wants it......

Gone!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

Go into Portlaoise for breakfast on the Sunday and punish the toilets in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Are the discount codes still working?
    I got this:
    'We're sorry, there are no more tickets available for this promotion.'

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Are the discount codes still working?
    I got this:
    'We're sorry, there are no more tickets available for this promotion.'

Do not say that! I can't get mine until this evening!!! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

I was wondering if Mr. Motivator would be back @ Stradbally this year, but apparently The Knife are taking over that role.

Check this story (plus video from night one of their tour) on what sounds like one of the more lunatic live shows I'll be seeing this year...

http://pitchfork.com/news/50509-footage-surfaces-from-the-knifes-crazy-looking-first-shaking-the-habitual-show/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Mr.S wrote: »
    Working fine for me! Perhaps your code has been used it? (its 2 per ticket)
    Ha that was me testing if I could use the code again.
    The message is misleading though

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Folzy

Got my 150 ticket yeaterday... Itll be my first Ep ;) Just sent pics i got from on here and a friends 2012 band :)

Any guesses as to how long it'll be before they make another announcement?

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭freddiemoore

@Folzy Did you just send a bunch of pics to the eployalty@ticketmaster.ie email address? I sent a few from me last year and still haven't heard anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,770 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Folzy wrote: »
    Got my 150 ticket yeaterday... Itll be my first Ep ;) Just sent pics i got from on here and a friends 2012 band :)

Any guesses as to how long it'll be before they make another announcement?

Apparently there'll be an announcement between now and May 27th according to EP's twitter account so guess sometime in the next few weeks..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

@Folzy Did you just send a bunch of pics to the eployalty@ticketmaster.ie email address? I sent a few from me last year and still haven't heard anything.

Yeah I've not heard anything back yet either. Though I only sent it on Saturday so gonna assume they weren't doing much yesterday. If I've not gotten word back tomorrow I'll probably get onto them on twitter and see what the story is.

Advertisement