Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2013 *Discussion only. NO ticket sales/requests*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,770 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Em there's no option for filling in contact details so how are you supposed to contact whoever wins the prize?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Eod100 wrote: »
    Em there's no option for filling in contact details so how are you supposed to contact whoever wins the prize?

What would you say If I was to tell you, "There is no prize"?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,770 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

maximoose wrote: »
    What would you say If I was to tell you, "There is no prize"?

[/morpheus]

Yup have a feeling it's deliberate but giving them the benefit of the doubt!

"This is not the competition you were looking for"

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Folzy

Eod100 wrote: »
    Apparently there'll be an announcement between now and May 27th according to EP's twitter account so guess sometime in the next few weeks..

Yeah i was thinking theyd be making one just just before the end of selling the early bird tickets.. Hoping for some nice dance acts, anything from the Life lineup would be amazing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭phunks

Folzy wrote: »
    Yeah i was thinking theyd be making one just just before the end of selling the early bird tickets.. Hoping for some nice dance acts, anything from the Life lineup would be amazing

Yeah that was my thinking too I imagine once Life is over they will add some. Hopefully Maya Jane Coles gets added to the bill as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Now that its official that boards of Canada are releasing their new album on the 10th of June , I wonder will they tour, EP would be perfect

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭Morrison J

I'd still say Miles Kane must be one of the most likely to be announced next. Nearly always plays festivals on the same day as Arctic Monkeys and he has no gigs scheduled for that weekend as of now.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭johnson1

for those waiting on codes if you can get to a ticketmaster outlet you can get the discount easy enough. I got mine today and i didn't need to show him anything. he said he's seen enough photo's over the weekend and just gave me the tickets. it seems like they don't really care. i had pictures of wristbands a friend sent me but as i said it didn't matter. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭electronic

Has any kind soul got any pics of 3 wristbands that they have already used to get the code that they want to share???please have been to 4 picnics and have no wristbands

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

peteeeed wrote: »
    Now that its official that boards of Canada are releasing their new album on the 10th of June , I wonder will they tour, EP would be perfect
    and for the day that's in it, Neutral Milk Hotel as well please EP organisers :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

peteeeed wrote: »

Would be unreal if BoC was added! and I'd personally love some GY!BE, Nick Cave and a bit of quirkiness from CocoRosie.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Give me Mew. Dying to see them again since they were in the Academy, and they are doing festivals in August. Just give me them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Steve O

Can't wait to get my ticket tomorrow, don't know why but I am absolutely jacked for Picnic this year. I go every 2 years and always look forward to it but this year I'm seriously looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭sdgbt

Give me Mew. Dying to see them again since they were in the Academy, and they are doing festivals in August. Just give me them.

Absolutely stunning gig. Would love to see them again as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

I just can't take to the lead-singers vocals. The actual tunes are quality, just that damn squeaky voice!

Let's not get our knickers in a twist...

But BECK has announced some dates playing acoustic...

If he plays acoustic at the picnic...

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,357 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Let's not get our knickers in a twist...

But BECK has announced some dates playing acoustic...

If he plays acoustic at the picnic...

:eek:

Ooo if that was true "it would be like surfing on some oil spillage"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,357 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Here's a great hard working Irish band, amazing live would love to see them at the EP. Well worth a look!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

What would people think of Moby playing at Picnic? Is he touring atm?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

would bloody love it if he played, he's well suited to the picnic I think. I have no idea if he's touring (when does that get in the way of some idle speculation:D), saw him at Feile '95 in Cork, such a great live performer.

Steve O wrote: »
    Can't wait to get my ticket tomorrow, don't know why but I am absolutely jacked for Picnic this year. I go every 2 years and always look forward to it but this year I'm seriously looking forward to it.

I also go every two years (don't ask me why, it just always went like that!). So this year was supposed to be my no-go year but shag it, after all the 'will it, won't it' carry on I had to commit! Ticket secured and sleeping bag washed & ready to go :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

he was DJing at Coachella 2 weeks ago. it was awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

he was DJing at Coachella 2 weeks ago. it was awful.

Its not Class A awful though....:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭LeftBlank

would bloody love it if he played, he's well suited to the picnic I think. I have no idea if he's touring (when does that get in the way of some idle speculation:D), saw him at Feile '95 in Cork, such a great live performer.

His last few albums have been dire though.

LeftBlank wrote: »
    His last few albums have been dire though.

I like a lot on 'Destroyed' and 'Wait for Me' is very good. However I often end up going back to stuff on 'Everything is Wrong' and the odd few from the seriously over-hyped 'Play' and '18'.
    If he were to play the stuff I really like I'd say the crowd would be in a heap sobbing on the wet grass of Stradbally ;)

I wouldn't want to see him do a DJ set, live or nothing for Moby, keep the DJ stuff for Mr. Cook.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

and for the day that's in it, Neutral Milk Hotel as well please EP organisers :D

Do we dare to dream?:pac:
    http://pitchfork.com/news/47783-neutral-milk-hotel-reunite-for-tour/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭budgemook

The Knife are playing the Sunday of Electric Picnic.

F**king nice one :D

http://theknife.net/show/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

Would love to see UNKLE/James Lavelle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭sdgbt

budgemook wrote: »
    The Knife are playing the Sunday of Electric Picnic.

F**king nice one :D

http://theknife.net/show/

It says "w/iamamiwhoami" underneath their listing for the picnic too. Another act to be announced maybe?

Advertisement