Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2013 *Discussion only. NO ticket sales/requests*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

sdgbt wrote: »
    It says "w/iamamiwhoami" underneath their listing for the picnic too. Another act to be announced maybe?
    they're playing Forbidden Fruit on the June Bank Holiday weekend, so presume they'll be announced after that...

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭sdgbt

kc66 wrote: »
    Would love to see UNKLE/James Lavelle.

Saw UNKLE at one of the other picnics. It was good, but needed live vocalists to work properly (which wasn't really possible, I know).

they're playing Forbidden Fruit on the June Bank Holiday weekend, so presume they'll be announced after that...

That would be brilliant :)

Edit: have just figured out how to multiquote. Will stop spamming the thread now!

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭ILIKEFOOD

Just saw the knife last weekend

Seriously failing to see how their show will work at a festival - suited to a smaller space but anything bigger is going to get lost on the audience

If you don't get' the knife and their ideals which they are seriously pushing this time round you will be left scratching your head and even if you do get them you may still be scratching your head!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

sdgbt wrote: »
    Saw UNKLE at one of the other picnics. It was good, but needed live vocalists to work properly (which wasn't really possible, I know).

Was at that myself. Thought they were excellent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

ILIKEFOOD wrote: »
    Just saw the knife last weekend

Seriously failing to see how their show will work at a festival - suited to a smaller space but anything bigger is going to get lost on the audience

If you don't get' the knife and their ideals which they are seriously pushing this time round you will be left scratching your head and even if you do get them you may still be scratching your head!!

I'm sure they will change it around for all the Festivals they're doing, and make it more of a live experience. Hardly likely they'd bring that show to the festival scene ( I hope not anyway )

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭budgemook

re: The Knife - whatever happens, it'll be an experience. I'll be delighted to see them whatever happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭ILIKEFOOD

nocoverart wrote: »
    I'm sure they will change it around for all the Festivals they're doing, and make it more of a live experience. Hardly likely they'd bring that show to the festival scene ( I hope not anyway )

Hope they do change it! I enjoyed the show for what it was - they don't seem like the type to compromise their own ideas to crowd please though - they're getting seriously slated - hopefully they'll cave!

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭MrVoracious

Probably pulling this completely out of my ass but does anyone think there's ANY chance that they could get primal scream or are they done announcing bands of that size. I can't go to forbidden fruit so it'd be unbelievable if they did!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

I'd say 0% chance tbh. Here's hoping I'm wrong!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

0%. Why would they do that after FF?

Nine Inch Nails would be good but I'm not going so not good for me, hopefully we get a standalone NiN gig now.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭freddiemoore

budgemook wrote: »
    The Knife are playing the Sunday of Electric Picnic.

So does this mean they will clash with Arctic Monkeys!?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

So does this mean they will clash with Arctic Monkeys!?

Yeah, I reckon they will be last on the Electric Arena. Fever Ray headlined the arena a few years back and The Knife are the full monty edition so to speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

This is going to be my first picnic. No real point to this post. Just I'll be there. And I'm excited. Very excited.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Any chance of Nick Cave at this I wonder?

Anyone know how to book the inflatable church for a wedding?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

Are these weddings real weddings like real marriages?

Hahaha, I heard they were real for a year but sure who knows. :P

You romantic codger you.

Fairly sure I heard of people booking it before

• Advertisement

Is the inflatable church BYOB (bring your own bride) or can you pick one up cheaply there? Don't want anything fancy just the standard features maybe leather seats

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭freddiemoore

nocoverart wrote: »
    Yeah, I reckon they will be last on the Electric Arena. Fever Ray headlined the arena a few years back and The Knife are the full monty edition so to speak.

Sickner that. Two fave bands at it, and they're on the same day and most likely the same time! Typical :P Think it'll have to be The Knife for me though!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,550 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Sickner that. Two fave bands at it, and they're on the same day and most likely the same time! Typical :P Think it'll have to be The Knife for me though!

Fever Ray played from 9.30 to 10.30 or something like that in 2010, Massive Attack were only starting on the main stage after Fever Ray and went on till midnight. This might be the case again, the Electric Arena bands would always finish considerably earlier than the final main stage headliners.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Uh oh alls not well in wu tang land. "Well the mighty Wu-Tang Clan let there solo managers ruin the 20th anniversary campaign." Their last facebook status, looks like wu tang have been fu*ked with?

Have been reading about the knife's live shows and I'm really not sure what to expect now!

Bit of "absurdist aerobics" or "danceoke" anyone? :pac:

http://theknife.net/2013/04/shaking-the-habitual-show/

Fever Ray played from 9.30 to 10.30 or something like that in 2010, Massive Attack were only starting on the main stage after Fever Ray and went on till midnight. This might be the case again, the Electric Arena bands would always finish considerably earlier than the final main stage headliners.

Yeah exactly. Headliner in electric arena and on main stage can both be watched

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

last year they didn't....

hujFWXB.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Anyone remember the weather during Massive Attack ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

threein99 wrote: »
    Anyone remember the weather during Massive Attack ?

I was drowned, only had a T-shirt. Made for great visuals with the horizontal rain. Horrible night in the tent after too.

• Advertisement

Didn't bother watching massive attack because of the lashing rain. Had a great night watching some band in one of the tents. Later that night the outer layer of my tent blew off so i had to chase it in my underpants and put it back on in the rain. Serious craic.

Speaking off Picnic 2010, Monotonix definitely highlight for me that year :) Anyone catch them? RESPECT THE RULES!

Advertisement