Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2013 *Discussion only. NO ticket sales/requests*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

***Drrrroooooooools*

No thanks! I'm under 40 and don't have a fondness for Fleetwood Mac, Bingo or blue hair dye

nocoverart wrote: »
    No thanks! I'm under 40 and don't have a fondness for Fleetwood Mac, Bingo or blue hair dye

:D

Ha!

I'm under 40, saw them at the Point the last time they played. Was never into them before that. Only reason I saw the gig as that I was working it, but they blew my mind. Straight into my top 5 gigs of all time. Total convert after that show.

I think if they did play, they would have the added effect of attracting an older crowd to EP.

You young chislers can have your oxyjen and your longitude festivals to yourself :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Bestival just announced their lineup, it's on the week after EP, so EP usually gets a few of the same acts, probably not headliners though, but some of the mid/lower names at least. handy to see what international acts are in this area then too....

Wu-Tang Clan announced too, not on the poster for some reason...

yaglw2f.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,926 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Doesn't look too shabby. Some cracking bands that would do great at EP.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,800 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Fleetwood Bac: ''The UK's original Fleetwood Mac tribute band, approved by Mick Fleetwood.'' lol

• Advertisement

I'll be very disappointed if The Knife aren't at EP! be pretty amazing to see them headline the electric arena one of the nights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

I would be jumping for joy if Fleetwood Mac are on the lineup!

Oxegen going ahead this year. Doesn't MCD have a fairly big stake in EP? Wonder will that mean an announcement on EP will come soon..

Rumour has it that Fleetwood Mac are playing Dublin in September.

Not sure if that makes it more or less likely they'll play EP though..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Eod100 wrote: »
    Rumour has it that Fleetwood Mac are playing Dublin in September.

Not sure if that makes it more or less likely they'll play EP though..

Fleetwood Mac- Rumours

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Rumours Radiohead, Blur and possibly QOTSA will be playing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭LeftBlank

karaokeman wrote: »

I'll eat my hat if Radiohead tour this year, Thom Yorke is busy with Atoms for Peace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 313 ✭✭exilec

that would be class...:D

getting worried with no early bird tickets on sale yet...:(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

LeftBlank wrote: »
    I'll eat my hat if Radiohead tour this year, Thom Yorke is busy with Atoms for Peace.

Thom Yorke can **** off with his Atoms for Peace, he's due an apperance in Ireland, and that's that.

QOTSA don't seem to fit the EP "VIBE" but hey, what do I know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

at least there's only another 5 weeks or so of these nonsense "rumours".

nocoverart wrote: »
    QOTSA don't seem to fit the EP "VIBE" but hey, what do I know

Sure if The Killers can play, anyone can.

Sure if The Killers can play, anyone can.

True that! if The Killers were in my back-garden I wouldn't go see them - unless its to throw eggs at the pr1cks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

The Killers first album was great. So fresh and new. The size of the crowd to see them at Oxegen the year that came out was mental.

Their music went so downhill from there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭Linguo

If Metronomy come back next year we'll be happy, they were the highlight for us, amazing! Getting excited about Electric Picnic already, was so much fun and such a nice atmosphere!

• Advertisement

Synode wrote: »
    The Killers first album was great. So fresh and new. The size of the crowd to see them at Oxegen the year that came out was mental.

Their music went so downhill from there

I still like Hot Fuss too, but never got into any of their later three albums. Shame they couldn't keep up that standard, Battle Born particularly was awful.

Still feck all about early bird tickets though! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

If I understood the last round of press correctly, there will be no more official info until March, when tix go on sale.

I suspect there will be no earlybirds this year at all - given the losses that have been piling up.

If I understood the last round of press correctly, there will be no more official info until March, when tix go on sale.

I suspect there will be no earlybirds this year at all - given the losses that have been piling up.

Yeah I've a feeling you could be right.. Don't think scrapping eb tickets would save that much though - I don't have a clue but I'd say at most they only sell a few hundred at that price. There's been no talk of loyalty tickets this year so I'd say they won't be on sale either..

You'd nearly wonder why it's going ahead at all seeing as they've made losses on it the past few years..

Anyone else on here has a feeling the picnic wont go ahead this year... too many negitive articles going to press about them losing so much money...:(
    hope im wrong...

exilec wrote: »
    Anyone else on here has a feeling the picnic wont go ahead this year... too many negitive articles going to press about them losing so much money...:(
    hope im wrong...

I've a feeling it won't but I'm still hopeful it will!

Doesn't seem viable to operate a festival at a loss so they'll have to cut down on their costs somehow.. Maybe they'll do an Oxegen and decrease it to 2 nights instead of 3.

If there's no Picnic this year all you Boardies are welcome back to my place for a weekender. Just bring Decks, guitars and beer ETC.

The strypes announced on radio 6 interview that they are playing electric picnic
    next year.... happy days, for them and that the picnic is defo on ..:cool:

The strypes announced on radio 6 interview that they are playing electric picnic

They must know something we don't! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

So, 2014?

Advertisement