Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2013 *Discussion only. NO ticket sales/requests*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,550 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I cant help thinking that Aphex Twin would be a great closer on the main stage, as it would be nice and dark for his amazing laser show, but thats just me. Perhaps he doesnt have that mainstream quality of say Orbital or 2ManyDJs. Im sure something will chance along over the next few months, maybe EP will try and do an isdn link from Zurich festival of Justice, like Life festival was supposed to do with Future Sound of London in 2010. :D:D

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

I cant help thinking that Aphex Twin would be a great closer on the main stage, as it would be nice and dark for his amazing laser show, but thats just me. Perhaps he doesnt have that mainstream quality of say Orbital or 2ManyDJs. Im sure something will chance along over the next few months, maybe EP will try and do an isdn link from Zurich festival of Justice, like Life festival was supposed to do with Future Sound of London in 2010. :D:D

I'd personally love to see Aphex Twin at EP, and I don't think I'm the only one. Has a fairly fanatic following over here does Richard D. Aphex and Boards of Canada I say would be very popular additions as far as Electronic Music goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Has anyone done tour de picnic? You raise a certain amount of money, cycle down, and they cover your ticket. Is that right?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Yeah that's the ticket indeed

My friend done it once he had to meet somewhere drop his bag and stuff off and leave really early, cycle down and got all the stuff there... I believe they have to collect their bike after too

It was ages ago and I never done it but for 150 this year I don't think it's worth the hassle!

I like the idea of it but I'd probably be in a heap... It's festival time... You gotta enjoy yourself and relax!

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭mgkelly

Mmmmm, Aphex Twin, FSOL, Orbital .....any of them would be great!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭MrVoracious

dinneenp wrote: »
    How did you hear that they're playing on the Friday? I'd love to see them again but was hoping they'd be on the Sunday.

it could be wrong but that's what it says on their gig listings. http://www.mybloodyvalentine.org/gigs.aspx
    Can't wait see them. hope theyre the last band of the night though cause i'll probably be deaf after them!

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭mgkelly

it could be wrong but that's what it says on their gig listings. http://www.mybloodyvalentine.org/gigs.aspx
    Can't wait see them. hope theyre the last band of the night though cause i'll probably be deaf after them!
    I remember seeing MBV play live 'in the day' - probably back in the early 1990's. It was in Mandela Hall in Queens University Student's Union. I suppose I use a cliche when I describe it as a 'wall of sound' but that is probably the right phrase. You could feel the music. It is truly one of the best gigs I've ever been to! Probably lost a few decibels off my hearing due to that gig alone! It is the only time I've had post-gig tinnitus that continued for a few days!
    I am therefore intrigued to see what they'll be like & really look forward to it. However, I have my protective ear plugs at the ready!:D;)

Martin

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 37 Darkwarriorcok

Perhaps he doesnt have that mainstream quality of say Orbital or D:D

Next year this will be very different ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,550 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Next year this will be very different ;)

How so, do you know something I don't, is there an album in the offing from the Twin or do you just mean there will be no Picnic next year.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,770 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Wonder how tickets are selling? Do ye reckon it'l sell out?

Not sure about the first answer but I'd be very surprised if it sold out! Think one of the organisers said that 22k out of 30k tickets were sold last year. Pretty sure the capacity is even larger than he said - at around 32.5k so even with the cheaper tickets I reckon it won't sell out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 dncl

Rfrip wrote: »

I didn't think much of grimes last year to be honest, think I rem hearing she'd some of her stuff stolen n maybe that affected it.

Id say it was that as i saw her at forbidden fruit the same year and she was unreal

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

...maybe EP will try and do an isdn link from Zurich festival of Justice, like Life festival was supposed to do with Future Sound of London in 2010. :D:D

slightly off topic I know but did this not go ahead? were there problems?

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭ILIKEFOOD

slightly off topic I know but did this not go ahead? were there problems?

Something to do with not being able to set up an isdn line with the ability to deliver a quality show afaik - weird group, one of em is a recluse - they seem a bit out there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Dunno how many of ye this would even appeal to but anyone reckon Placebo might play? Dunno if this #LLL thing is a new album or what but they do have 2 festivals in August announced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

Dunno how many of ye this would even appeal to but anyone reckon Placebo might play? Dunno if this #LLL thing is a new album or what but they do have 2 festivals in August announced.

Interesting. I'd certainly be giving them a look if they showed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

I'd be excited by Placebo. They'd need a lengthy enough set to get through all my favourites though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭LaVail

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭mememealways

Really hope Alt-J are announced!!! It would make my weekend!!!

Really hope Alt-J are announced!!! It would make my weekend!!!

Not gonna happen I'm afraid. They are in the US and Canada that weekend. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

LaVail wrote: »

Love disclosure .... Heres a cool unofficial video for Whats in your head (NSFW)

original.0

• Advertisement

I'm Spotifying the **** out of the line up and I am loving Warpaint!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

god dammit EP loyalty code not working

multiple attempts nothing, sent them email and will try again later

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Folzy

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Has anyone done tour de picnic? You raise a certain amount of money, cycle down, and they cover your ticket. Is that right?

Some friends doing it this year it's a great idea!
    You have to raise €380 for charities chosen by EP (Usually Laura Lynn and Temple Street) cycle 80km!
    What you get is you free weekend ticket, the craic of cycling, free beers on arrival, massages, ice baths and some lovely cramps too ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭seamey beag84

Korvanica wrote: »
    Love disclosure ....

have a look for disclosure feat Eliza dolittle. great old skool vibe, she's the perfect voice for garage! i wouldn't have guessed that..

Still haven't received my loyalty code. Nearly a week since I sent off about it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Contact them again. Same thing happened to someone on the EP forum who sent off on a weekend. Got an instant reply when they sent during working hours.

Toast wrote: »
    Contact them again. Same thing happened to someone on the EP forum who sent off on a weekend. Got an instant reply when they sent during working hours.

Cheers will send it now. They told me on twitter to email info@electricpicnic with a specific subject heading, then that gave an automated response about being backed up and will reply in 48hrs. Still nothing though so hopefully they get back to me this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Got my ticket in the post today :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,132 ✭✭✭dinneenp

I don't know why MBV would be last on. Besides that fact that they appear high up on the list of artists....
    last time they played EP they had a daytime slot.
    the fact that they launched a new album doesn't really make them bigger I think; I don't know if they got much media airplay since or many new fans.
    Their last EP gig was one of the best gigs I was ever at, some experience.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Dylan Moran
    UK and Ireland 2013 Festival dates! Dylan will be appearing at:
    Larner Tree Festival nr Salisbury 18th July
    Cambridge Comedy Festival 19th July
    Latitude Suffolk 20th July
    Dublin Festival 25th - 28th July
    Falkirk Festival 30th July
    Charlie Chaplin Comedy Film Festival co Kerry 23/24 August
    Electric Picnic co Laois 31st August - 1st September

Advertisement