Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2013 *Discussion only. NO ticket sales/requests*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Absolutely delighted Dylan Moran is going to be there! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭Rfrip

dinneenp wrote: »
    I don't know why MBV would be last on. Besides that fact that they appear high up on the list of artists....
    last time they played EP they had a daytime slot.
    the fact that they launched a new album doesn't really make them bigger I think; I don't know if they got much media airplay since or many new fans.
    Their last EP gig was one of the best gigs I was ever at, some experience.

I'm pretty sure they were on late, clashed with sex pistols as far is i can rem

That has just made my festival! The Do'D ws superb last year, can't wait to see Dylan Moran!

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭mgkelly

Rfrip wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure they were on late, clashed with sex pistols as far is i can rem
    ...a clash between the Sex Pistols & MBV - now that'd be interesting! Who'd win?! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

Dylan Moran...yes!

I was one of the unlucky ones who caught him on a very rare off night on the first of a run of brilliant shows in Vicar Street, so I can't wait to see him on form.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 cinderelli

Hi all, here's the deal. I've never been to EP before, but want to purchase two weekend tickets at the discounted price. My friend has been several times, and is definitely not going this year, so he's happy to help us out. Is it at all possible for him to provide proof, get the discount code, and for me to book two tickets at once at the discounted rate? I can't seem to find this info anywhere, so big love to whoever can help me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Yeh you can do that. There have been several people who've got codes using photos they found on the internet. Just don't tell them you are doing it (even then it probably wont matter).

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭iainconlon12

sadie06 wrote: »
    Dylan Moran...yes!

I was one of the unlucky ones who caught him on a very rare off night on the first of a run of brilliant shows in Vicar Street, so I can't wait to see him on form.

I'm so happy, haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,357 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Always find it difficult to even get into the comedy tent, usually wedged! end up standing outside just not the same.

cinderelli wrote: »
    Hi all, here's the deal. I've never been to EP before, but want to purchase two weekend tickets at the discounted price. My friend has been several times, and is definitely not going this year, so he's happy to help us out. Is it at all possible for him to provide proof, get the discount code, and for me to book two tickets at once at the discounted rate? I can't seem to find this info anywhere, so big love to whoever can help me.

Yes, your friend may have received a loyalty code via email (if bought via a ticket master account) or can get one by proving attendance.
    Get their code and put it into the promotional box when buying the tickets. Simples!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,856 ✭✭✭sporina

i emailed both info@electricpicnic.ie and eployalty@ ticketmaster.ie about sending them a pic of me with programmes for 3 years ( as a means to prove that i was there 3 years).
    All i have got so far is an auto reply from info and nothing from eployalty.

Should I just be patient or is there another email address that I could use?

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭An Capall Dubh

mgkelly wrote: »
    ...a clash between the Sex Pistols & MBV - now that'd be interesting! Who'd win?! ;)

The Clash!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Anybody got suggestions of bands on the line up so far of the indie/alt rocks variety that I might not have listened to before.

Examples of bands I'm in to these days of this ilk are Manchester Orchestra, Alt - J, Frightened Rabbit, We were Promised Jetpacks ...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

mgkelly wrote: »

If you are ever in a situation where it is Sex Pistols versus anything else choose the anything else. It was an embarrassing mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

sporina wrote: »
    i emailed both info@electricpicnic.ie and eployalty@ ticketmaster.ie about sending them a pic of me with programmes for 3 years ( as a means to prove that i was there 3 years).
    All i have got so far is an auto reply from info and nothing from eployalty.

Should I just be patient or is there another email address that I could use?

I'm the exact same, have emailed eployalty twice and was told to email info@electricpicnic on twitter. I'm not expecting anything over the weekend but if I've not heard back from either by Monday evening I'm gonna get onto their twitter page again. Surely they can't still be backed up with these requests.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭phunks

I'm the exact same, have emailed eployalty twice and was told to email info@electricpicnic on twitter. I'm not expecting anything over the weekend but if I've not heard back from either by Monday evening I'm gonna get onto their twitter page again. Surely they can't still be backed up with these requests.

Email eployalty@ticketmaster.ie now and you will have a reply by midday monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Does anyone know someone who has gone 3 times that isn't going this year, and would be willing to give me their loyalty code? Please please please please please. For added reason I've got glandular fever and strep throat and psoriasis all which will be gone in time for picnic, but not for the rest of the summer. The money saved will go to the frozenfrozen national trust.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

phunks wrote: »
    Email eployalty@ticketmaster.ie now and you will have a reply by midday monday.

My second email was only sent yesterday so I'd imagine it wouldn't make too much difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,550 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Whats going on here,why a six hour gap in comments, keep them coming.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

I'm all speculated out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Have finally got around to listening to The Knife this evening.

Had expected something a bit less fun... I think repeated listening could have me really looking forward to seeing them - even if they're just hitting play on their tape recorder and then putting on a performance from there.

I'll probably catch them @ Primavera in a few weeks time - will report back for the benefit of all those on the thread eager for more discussion of these guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Even if people are saying they hit play and went for it, so be it. I'd rather they done something than just hit play and done **** all.

Love The knife, love Fever ray... It's way more than enough to get me going to E.P... There is so much more fun, love and activities than the music.... Just enjoy at the festival and everything will be perfectly fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

I wonder if Sinead O'Connor will play, I hope so despite the John Reynolds debacle.

Annnnnd I'm hoping James Blake gets added and since he's going out with Theresa from Warpaint they have mad sex on stage or at least do a song together. James Blake playing with Warpaint would actually be the highlight of my life so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭sdgbt

Would love James Blake too, and Ghostpoet.

Does anyone know what is happening with Caribou now that Daphni is on the go? I know he's here as Daphni this summer but would really like to see Caribou! Swim was a pretty much perfect album.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Anyone think Seasick Steve will be in with a shout of playing?

Morrison J wrote: »

Wouldn't be the picnic without him!

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭MrVoracious

Morrison J wrote: »

I would love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭ILIKEFOOD

does anyone know if James Blake's brother and sister are talking to him yet? I hope not, may take that 'edge' off his music...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

ILIKEFOOD wrote: »
    does anyone know if James Blake's brother and sister are talking to him yet? I hope not, may take that 'edge' off his music...
    He's an only child.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭ILIKEFOOD

No wonder he never learned to share...ah James...poor lad....love his tunes, hate his lyrics...seen him before and would make the effort should be at a festival i am at...

Advertisement