Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2013 *Discussion only. NO ticket sales/requests*

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

sadie06 wrote: »
    I really feel that The Prodigy might be on the cards for the late Saturday night slot.

If that is true then that will be my ticket bought ha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

I don't care what people say Nine Inch Nails will happen. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭exilec

Queens of the Stone Age have a new song out, I still think they'll be announced for Picnic.

that would be amazing..!!

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭beansybeansy

Queens of the Stone Age have a new song out, I still think they'll be announced for Picnic.

I doubt it as they are playing Philidelphia that weekend.

http://www.songkick.com/artists/479466-queens-of-the-stone-age/calendar?page=4

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭phunks

ILIKEFOOD wrote: »
    It absolutely does for me - have you tried it before? I find it resets you to a normal
    level of contentedness.

No I have never really felt the need but have read it does wonders alright. I can see its attraction for something like EP though. Nice one ill try pick some up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,926 ✭✭✭endainoz

Really hoping for seasick Steve to get announced, assuming there's no crossover with longtitude but if there is hot chip and vampire weekend would be epic, and failing all that maybe add a few more Irish artists? Paul Brady, Damien Dempsey, or even the boomtown rats!!

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭ILIKEFOOD

phunks wrote: »
    No I have never really felt the need but have read it does wonders alright. I can see its attraction for something like EP though. Nice one ill try pick some up.

It's nothing crazy but makes difference alright - I get mine off myprotein.ie or if someone is coming from the UK from holland&barrett - can't understand why it's banned here

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

can't understand why it's banned here

I'd no idea what you folk were talking about so googled it:
    WebMD wrote:
    Don’t use 5-HTP until more is known. 5-HTP might be UNSAFE. Some people who have taken it have come down with eosinophilia-myalgia syndrome (EMS), a serious condition involving extreme muscle tenderness (myalgia) and blood abnormalities (eosinophilia). Some people think the EMS might be caused by an accidental ingredient (contaminant) in some 5-HTP products. But there is not enough scientific evidence to know if EMS is caused by 5-HTP, a contaminant, or some other factor. Until more is known, avoid taking 5-HTP.

Probably why it's banned :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭charlietully

many thanks for all the advice,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,926 ✭✭✭endainoz

Anyone else have any ideas about what the next announcement could be?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

My festival must haves:

4 man for 2
    Air mattress
    Ear plugs
    Shower gear
    Shorts - dont ever bother wearing jeans cause it rains your stuck with wet jeans - duh
    Rain jacket
    Milk thistle - pre load the week before
    5 Htp
    Berrocca
    Money for food - never bring any with me
    Wine bag that you can sling over your shoulder
    Painkillers
    Kalms
    Furry hat
    Old Nokia phone for 3 day battery!

EP will be my 18th festival :)
    Small matter of getting Life festival, castlepalooza or b&s out of the way first

It wasn't till I read Shorts that I realise it was essentials you were listening and not bands you wanted on the line-up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Parov Stelar

Isn't gigging that weekend.....

Yet....

Soundgarden are kicking off a European tour a few days after...

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭ILIKEFOOD

maximoose wrote: »
    I'd no idea what you folk were talking about so googled it:

Probably why it's banned :pac:

Well if its good enough for the Brits it's good enough for me - is that not how we do things in Ireland usually?

I wouldn use it as an every day supplement

Love to see NIN play this year! I'd also like to see The Horririst play but that's not going to happen!!

The Prodigy would be great but they always play the 'big' tunes, not surprisingly, always felt that there are tonnes of quality tunes that they never play and they rarely play anything from experience, their last album is brilliant and really reminds me of their early stuff - basically if they avoid playing firestarter, breathe, SMBU, most of always out numbered never out gunned ill be happy!

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭OrgasmicBaz

Just to let you know, i was in Tesco last week. they are selling sleeping bags for €8.50 & 2 x inflatable mattresses for €10. Also selling chairs, tents and the likes

Get your necessities whilst they are cheap :)

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭MrVoracious

How much alcohol (spirits or cans) can one bring to the picnic?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

How much alcohol (spirits or cans) can one bring to the picnic?

As much as you can physically carry to the campsite. There is a vague rule of 48 can limit which I've never seen enforced!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

No glass though. If you're taking spirits you'll have to put it in a plastic bottle first I think. Got my code today. Looking forward to the next announcement so I can decide whether to go or not. Think one biggish act should seal it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,550 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

48 cans I think or that equivalent in spirits but decanted from the glass.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

I would like to reiterate that I would be eternally grateful if someone who decided they weren't going would give me their code for the discounted ticket!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Soundgarden are kicking off a European tour a few days after...

Would they suit EP though?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

I would like to reiterate that I would be eternally grateful if someone who decided they weren't going would give me their code for the discounted ticket!

People posted links/pictures earlier in the thread of their wristbands, timetables, event photos etc. Just download one of them and submit it as your own. They're not strict with these codes so I'd say you'd easily get one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭-=al=-

48 cans I think or that equivalent in spirits but decanted from the glass.

Isn't it something like 24 cans per person or something like that!? It's usually no worries unless your a raging alcoholic that brings alcohol in glass bottles!

I usually have a few beers with me but mostly stick to the spirits for the weekend... Ya don't wanna be wizzin' every half hour from drinking tonnes of beer never mind having to carry the extra weight

If you get camping stuff early it does be cheap and last minute does be cheap since they're trying to get rid of the stock... at some stage in between it can be a small bit pricier (if even)

I'd avoid glass as much as possible. They've always seemed to be thorough enough checking bags and if it's not well concealed they'll spot it - always big queues at the sides of the entrance gates of people having to transfer it to plastic. Just get your spirits or whatever into plastic bottles before you go and save yourself some time.

If you must, a bottle wrapped in the middle of a rolled up sleeping bag never fails :)

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭MrVoracious

Thanks for the advice lads. I'll probably bring a few bottles of coke and whiskey mixed and it'll save mixing in the tent

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Just sent off the picture of my arm and bracelets. Hope they get back with my code sharpish! Should I expect a reply before the end of tomorrow?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Last year I saw people getting spirits they had in plastic bottles taken off them at the entrance.

baz2009 wrote: »
    Last year I saw people getting spirits they had in plastic bottles taken off them at the entrance.

Campsite entrance or arena entrance?

If campsite I find that very hard to believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

maximoose wrote: »
    Campsite entrance or arena entrance?

If campsite I find that very hard to believe.

Probably the Main Entrance, loads of bottles always on the ground under the tables there. And cases of beer. Staff must have a field day when dividing it up :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭sdgbt

All this talk of camping has me really looking forward to it now. Can't wait to be sitting outside my tent with the whole weekend to look forward to. :D

Really looking forward to the next line up announcement, think it's going to be a good one

Advertisement