Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2013 *Discussion only. NO ticket sales/requests*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

sdgbt wrote: »
    Can't wait to be sitting outside my tent with the whole weekend to look forward to. :D

That moment after you've trekked your way to the campsite, unloaded all your gear and set the tent up, when you sit down for your first can. Ahhhhhhhh, brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

maximoose wrote: »
    That moment after you've trekked your way to the campsite, unloaded all your gear and set the tent up, when you sit down for your first can. Ahhhhhhhh, brilliant.

That moment is the festival version of heaven imo:D

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭MrVoracious

Campsite entrance or arena entrance?

If campsite I find that very hard to believe.

So where exactly should I go when I get up the so I don't get anything confiscated? Last thing I want is to go in the main entrance without realising there's a separate one for the campsite... Is the campsite far from the arena?

So where exactly should I go when I get up the so I don't get anything confiscated? Last thing I want is to go in the main entrance without realising there's a separate one for the campsite... Is the campsite far from the arena?

You won't have anything confiscated at the entrances to the campsite when you first arrive. Any glass you'll be told to go the the side and transfer the contents into a plastic bottle and they have stands set up for you to do this at.

Going from the campsite-arena if they find glass on you at the arena entrance you'll be told to drink it or bin it, not sure if they take it off you if you refuse to bin it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Campsite entrance or arena entrance?

If campsite I find that very hard to believe.

Where they search bags and stuff just before you get your band. I saw a number of people having them confiscated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

baz2009 wrote: »
    Where they search bags and stuff just before you get your band. I saw a number of people having them confiscated.
    well they must have been day-trippers then, you can bring any alcohol you want into the campsite as long as it's in a plastic bottle.

you aren't allowed bring any alcohol in to the main arena until after about 10pm when the bars close.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭freddiemoore

you aren't allowed bring any alcohol in to the main arena until after about 10pm when the bars close.

Quality rule that. Can sip away at Body and Soul till the early hours!

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭freddiemoore

Should I expect a reply before the end of tomorrow?

They replied within the hour for me, but I sent it during the day. If you get no reply I'd advise resending it around midday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

well they must have been day-trippers then, you can bring any alcohol you want into the campsite as long as it's in a plastic bottle.

Sneaky hip flasks ftw... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Sneaky hip flasks down the wellies

Sure they don't give a fook once the bar closes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

They replied within the hour for me, but I sent it during the day. If you get no reply I'd advise resending it around midday.

I have an invalid code and have emailed them 3 times about it and heard nothing back from them.

at this stage i'd nearly start the process again but give the gf's email this time

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭Casshern88

Question re the Tour de Picnic?.

Thinking a doing it this year. anyone done it before, fitness wise the distance isnt a major issue for me, just wondering how others found it, does someone set up your tent while your cycling i know your stuff is transported down there for you? did the tiredness after have major impact on your weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭Rfrip

danniemcq wrote: »
    I have an invalid code and have emailed them 3 times about it and heard nothing back from them.

at this stage i'd nearly start the process again but give the gf's email this time

I had a problem with my code too, I just rang ticketmaster in the end and booked them that way

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

What are the odds of getting PJ Harvey this year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

What are the odds of getting PJ Harvey this year?

Oh God please yes. My nightmare clash would be her and Bjork though!

Absolutely nothing happening on her website, so it's doubtful.

I have this recurring dream of her playing the song Man Size and me crowd surfing into her open arms.
    *Swoon*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Nope, was the Friday morning when all the campers were going in.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭ILIKEFOOD

baz2009 wrote: »
    Nope, was the Friday morning when all the campers were going in.

been to EP 8 times, never seen that happen

I use one of those spanish leather wine pouches to keep me oiled in bucky and whisky all throughout the day, just sling it around my neck, bottle on my back and voila...in we go....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Korvanica wrote: »
    Sneaky hip flasks ftw... :D
    Or ziplock bags full of rum

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Hammer91

anyone reckon babyshambles will play EP??

• Advertisement

Picked up one of these badboys today very handy for sneaking in some drinks into the arena..not a bad price either 16.50 in Argos it holds 1.5 litres

55-9275128A75UC891561T.jpg

surely they'd feel it when they pat you down going into the arena?

surely they'd feel it when they pat you down going into the arena?

You'd think that alright. I think they mostly pat around sides/kidneys and then legs so something on your back might be ok. Actually no, it must be ok cuz I've seen plenty of people using those things over the years!

Electrobanana - What the hell are they called? "drink backpack" isn't finding any results, unsurprisingly. At €16.50 I might take a punt

EDIT: Got it. "Hydration pack" pffffffft

i've had pretty much every part of me patted down, chest and back loads of times. maybe i just look dodgy :pac:

it's been dangerously close to this at times too :eek:

I've seen people getting caught with those pack things too, but you just go to the back of the queue and go to a different search person

After the first few times into the arena you can suss out what it's like... It's usually fine and I actually quite enjoy sneaking stuff in

I remember one time there was a breakout at the search point going into the main entrance bit down that little sideroad lane thing where everyone legged it down the road and over a hedge instead... It was like a bunch of prisoners charging out of prison to sweet freedom

Its surprisingly slim i just filled it up with water and i reckon id get it in under my jacket no problem anyway.its well worth a go for the price.il be giving it a test run at Life in a few week so il see how i get on with it there.

I've gone in with heaps in my backpack, they've searched through it and just ignored it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Picked up one of these badboys today very handy for sneaking in some drinks into the arena..not a bad price either 16.50 in Argos it holds 1.5 litres

55-9275128A75UC891561T.jpg

make sure you test it with water first for leaks,

RIP bucky bottle you were sadly missed

Just do the usual "Oh I'm just finishing my last can in front of you Mr./Miss security man/woman at the entrance before I head in" routine

Tis a fine thing

Also if you have backpacks with zips on the top cover bit put stuff in there and open the bag before you get to them so they will just search in the bag

I once was queuing beside a chap who had a knife found on him! He ended up saying "Oh I'll just put it back in my tent and come back" Wtf like

• Advertisement

Courtney Love is going on tour, I would pay big money to see her piss her pants on stage at picnic.

Advertisement