Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2013 *Discussion only. NO ticket sales/requests*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Courtney Love is going on tour, I would pay big money to see her piss her pants on stage at picnic.

i'd rather nicki minaj in every way shape and form, and I HATE nicki minaj so that shows the way my feelings for that horror in a way i could never articulate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

Is there any chance Alice in Chains could turn up?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

I've seen a guy holding a can in each hand behind his back, then lifting them above his head when he got to the entrance. Security checked his sides but didn't look up and so he got in with them in clear view.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭phunks

Walk by with you hands out and cans in your hood never fails

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭budgemook

phunks wrote: »
    Walk by with you hands out and cans in your hood never fails

They were catching lads using the hood trick last time I was down (2011)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

We usually used football socks, put them on slide a can in each an cover with your trousers. With a few more wrapped up in a poncho in our bags.
    Just make sure you are out of sight of the security when you are taking them out of the socks.

Although one year we were caught filling the bag up with the cans from the socks when a young security guard walked over. When he realised it was just cans he told us to move along and out of sight. Was nice of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Out of all the years going I think last years security were the soundest. They weren't as strict either
    I only bring spirits in a water bottle in so u suppose tis relativly easy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Courtney Love is going on tour, I would pay big money to see her piss her pants on stage at picnic.

I'd rather watch a 12 hour marathon of a naked Crystal Swing whilst out of me head on mushrooms, and that's a frightening thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,357 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

-=al=- wrote: »
    I remember one time there was a breakout at the search point going into the main entrance bit down that little sideroad lane thing where everyone legged it down the road and over a hedge instead... It was like a bunch of prisoners charging out of prison to sweet freedom

Ha ha quality! Remember the checkpoint was the far side of the road was able to go left from Hendrix with a 'bag o cans', security closing in from both sides ended up cutting into a traders camping area caravans! legging it in the pitch dark ended up getting clothes lined on a massive circus tent guy rope after about 5min we eventually got in. That was Fri night by the following day the checkpoint had moved.

Yes do the "i'm just finishing this can" thing make sure they see you dumping it.

If you have a bag ur definitely getting stopped, leave it behind.

Distraction is key, make sure ur wrist band isn't visible, just before the security person commits to patting you down for booze, brandish the wrist band hold ur arm outstretched taking attention away from ur body. It distracts them you wouldn't believe until u try it works 9/10. But will only work if there are no really obvious signs of concealment.

I'm usually able to get x1 can down the back of each wellie (right at the calf, hurts like hell) and x2 in my sleeves. Possibly buy a beer in there, sorted for a few hours!!

I actually love doing it!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

Blue Ivy Carter for the main stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

A good way to get cans in is to give them to a girl (or yourself if you are a girl!) to hide and get her to walk to a lane staffed by a male searcher.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭OrgasmicBaz

Can someone tell me how much they charge for a pint?

Im terrible at sneaking stuff in, id say i have a 33% success rate

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

It was either 5 euro or 5.50. Can't remember for sure but no more than that. Also it was 500ml I think and not a pint. Don't worry you'll probably find that after revealing all their secrets on here everyone else will be in the same boat as you regards sneaking stuff in this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,673 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Can't make this due to a clash with a cousin's wedding that I'd completely forgot about :mad:

I've missed the Eels so many times now that I think I must be destined never to see them.

Most people seem to be sorted at this stage I guess, but I have a discount code if anyone wants it. First PM gets it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Toast wrote: »
    It was either 5 euro or 5.50. Can't remember for sure but no more than that. Also it was 500ml I think and not a pint. Don't worry you'll probably find that after revealing all their secrets on here everyone else will be in the same boat as you regards sneaking stuff in this year.

€5 for Heineken, and €5.50 for Tiger and Paulaner from memory.

Last year the checks were very lax. I spent very little at the bars cos it was so easy to bring the cans in.
    The year before was a joke, with their airport security style searches.
    It's amazing how much the security staff can affect the mood of a festival.
    Well maybe that's stretching it a little, but overbearing, unhelpful and rude staff can dampen the mood, if only for a little while.

The €150 ticket, especially with the payment plan sold it to me, so i'm in and looking forward to another strong section of mid-tier bands being announced.

Only 4 months until i'm in the hour long queue at pieminister!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Mr.S wrote: »
    I doubt that, its not a fact of them not knowing how people sneak things in, its more of a "we don't have time to check every single person head to toe".

I'm just trying to dissuade another 5 pages of "I got booze in by putting booze somewhere they didn't check". :(

It appears to be completely random anyway as in 2011 I saw the huge queues for the searches to get in... and we just walked by them without being stopped. This worked each and every time we went into the arena. Didn't work last year though.

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭Dutchy

The lads in Ticketmaster are on the ball with the discount codes this morn.

Sent off 3 pics and had the code within 3 minutes. Literally.

Props.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

Only 4 months until i'm in the hour long queue at pieminister!!

Wok n Roll ftw!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭MattD

Sky King wrote: »
    Wok n Roll ftw!

Wok n Roll is amazing, but Ostrich burgers are the sober man's choice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

MattD wrote: »
    but Ostrich burgers are the sober man's choice

Ostrich burgers are meh. They are nice and all, but nothing amazing.

Best food I've had at picnic is either this one Burrito stand I cant think of the name of, or this tiny green and white stripey chicken wing stand that's near the inflatable church. Or saba noodles. Or pieminister. F*ck I can't wait to pig out in Stradbally :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

maximoose wrote: »

Best food I've had at picnic is either this one Burrito stand I cant think of the name of, or this tiny green and white stripey chicken wing stand that's near the inflatable church. Or saba noodles. Or pieminister. F*ck I can't wait to pig out in Stradbally :pac:

There is some crepe place with to die for belgian chocolate crepes.....mmmmm. Can't think of the name of it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

maximoose wrote: »

if it's the burrito place that was in the middle of the food row opposite the B&S entrance, i second that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭seamey beag84

sadie06 wrote: »
    There is some crepe place with to die for belgian chocolate crepes.....mmmmm. Can't think of the name of it though.

Crepes in the City is the stall id say. ohh getting excited now.! some woknroll for dinner, crepes for dessert and off to the bacardi bar for a beverage and a boogie. They've some orange cocktail with black pepper that's unbelievable.. but for the price your paying, they'd want to be unbelievable.. that place broke me last year..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,550 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Pancake Palace Mmmmmmmmmm.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Very lazy post - when is the next installment of the ticket money due? 27th of May?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Very lazy response - it depends when you paid the first installment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

I was emailed a discount code for '2 or Less Picnics', if anyone wants it drop me a PM.

MattD wrote: »
    Wok n Roll is amazing, but Ostrich burgers are the sober man's choice

Love an oul Ostrich burger, although given the recent horse meat scandal who knows WTF I've eaten!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Just watching Palma Violets on Other Voices. Will have to check them out if I go.

Advertisement