Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2013 *Discussion only. NO ticket sales/requests*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Aphex Twin, Boards of Canada, Godspeed You! Black Emperor and Nick Cave and the Black Seeds would be my wet dream. Oh and a bit of Damian Marley on the Main Stage on a sunny Sunday afternoon would be lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

Where is a good website or store to find funky raving wellies?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭sdgbt

Broken Social Scene are doing a few festivals this Summer, as is Feist.
    Sexual if they were added.

That would be amazing! :D Saw them in 2010 and it was a brilliant performance.

Anthems for a seventeen year old girl was something else.

Not so gone on Feist, but would be still happy to see her. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

Id love see Janelle Monae come back again as a stage headliner as some point not this year but deffo sometime in the near future..she's brilliant live check out this at Glastonbury a few years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,357 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Looking forward to seeing "Ms Mr" + I reckon they'll be really big by the time the EP rolls around, there on Sun the 1st according to their web page, imagine they'll be on late enough in the electric arena??

Any chance John grant will play?
    http://youtu.be/xIxZZdYPh3Q

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭jimosterberg

Iggy and the Stooges are playing some European dates around this time I think. Would love to see them added.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭ciaranf92

Would be willing to murder for Atoms For Peace.

Hoping for Babyshambles.
    Someone like Beck, Moby or Jeff Mangum would be amazing though!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,550 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Iggy and the Stooges are playing some European dates around this time I think. Would love to see them added.

Saw them at EP 2007, simply unreal. Primal Scream were like a damp squib afterwards.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Seraphim1

ciaranf92 wrote: »
    Would be willing to murder for Atoms For Peace.

Hoping for Babyshambles.
    Someone like Beck, Moby or Jeff Mangum would be amazing though!

Or jeff beck and a magnum, in the sun :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

I'm sticking my neck out and saying I think there's a chance Alice in Chains will be added. They have a new album out and are on the move during the summer. I know it would never be the same without Layne, but I would still be very excited to see them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭freddiemoore

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Looking forward to seeing "Ms Mr" + I reckon they'll be really big by the time the EP rolls around, there on Sun the 1st according to their web page, imagine they'll be on late enough in the electric arena??

Havn't heard much of their stuff, but Chrvches, who are also playin', do a great remix of one of their songs!
    https://soundcloud.com/msmrsounds/ms-mr-hurricane-chvrches-remix
    Love the '80s vibe off it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Jeff Mangum and I will piss myself. No exaggeration.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 78 ✭✭ponceprhea

Fatfrog wrote: »

Any chance John grant will play?
    http://youtu.be/xIxZZdYPh3Q

looks like it

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056907342&page=2

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Mouzone

Would love to see Jurassic 5 added to this. Playing some european shows earlier in the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Trhiggy83

Need some evidence that i was at electric picnic in 2008 or 2009, can anyone help me out?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,926 ✭✭✭endainoz

Trhiggy83 wrote: »
    Need some evidence that i was at electric picnic in 2008 or 2009, can anyone help me out?

Yes, google images is all you need to help you

endainoz wrote: »
    Yes, google images is all you need to help you

Ill chance that so and see how i get on

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭bazwin

DISCOUNT CODE - Did anyone recieve an email back saying it was undeliverable because their inbox was full. I sent the photos etc
    last Thursday.

thks

bazwin wrote: »
    DISCOUNT CODE - Did anyone recieve an email back saying it was undeliverable because their inbox was full. I sent the photos etc
    last Thursday.

thks

No i just got a code back there a few minutes ago actually, strange time of night for them to be replying to emails too

Anyone know a way i can avoid the booking fee on ticketmaster, do you still have to pay the booking fee if you buy the tickets in the shop rather than online?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Can't remember but I don't think so

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭roll

atoms for peace seem to have august free.....

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭ciaranf92

Looks like the 'godfather of punk' will be playing a DJ set. Just posted on Facebook:
    Terri Hooley
    11 hours ago
    PANIC. I have been asked to do a 45 minute dj set at the Electric Picnic Festival in Co. Laois, on Sunday September 1st from 4pm. This is a great honor and i would play music all night if they would let me. How the feck am i going to get to play all the tunes i want to in 45 minutes, i can see i am going to have some sleepless nights until September.

Anyone hear Noah and the whales cover of digital love by daft punk? Great version, at least it's not some whiney pussy with an acoustic guitar trying to make it "softer" or whatever aaaaaaannnd it's one way of hearing daft punk being played at the picnic!

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭ILIKEFOOD

The Knife break their silence on their current tour: I know many of you are concerned :P

http://thequietus.com/articles/12252-the-knife-interview

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

endainoz wrote: »
    Anyone hear Noah and the whales cover of digital love by daft punk? Great version, at least it's not some whiney pussy with an acoustic guitar trying to make it "softer" or whatever aaaaaaannnd it's one way of hearing daft punk being played at the picnic!

Good one.

Good one.

Well they don't do this acoustically and they do a really good job of it too, I was referring to that god awful cover of get lucky that's been floating around

ILIKEFOOD wrote: »
    The Knife break their silence on their current tour: I know many of you are concerned :P

http://thequietus.com/articles/12252-the-knife-interview

So would this mean they won't play 'Heartbeats', 'Silent Shout' or any of their popular stuff? Genuinely wondering since I haven't been to many gigs!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

So would this mean they won't play 'Heartbeats', 'Silent Shout' or any of their popular stuff? Genuinely wondering since I haven't been to many gigs!
    they play silent Shout, no Heartbeats
    http://www.setlist.fm/search?query=the+knife&artist=43d6a34f

• Advertisement

Why thank you Ghostdancer! You're always there to answer my queries haha! Suppose 'Heartbeats' is fairly old at this stage. Be great to hear it though.

Advertisement