Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2013 *Discussion only. NO ticket sales/requests*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭exilec

Have a 3 time loyalty code ... first p.m gets it..

gone..!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

Has anyone else here inadvertently had this insurance policy added to their booking and subsequently charged. I'm usually very thorough when I make bookings and I don't remember ticking nor unticking this during the process. One can ring them for instructions on its cancellation but it seems rather cheeky nonetheless.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Lemag wrote: »
    Has anyone else here inadvertently had this insurance policy added to their booking and subsequently charged. I'm usually very thorough when I make bookings and I don't remember ticking nor unticking this during the process. One can ring them for instructions on its cancellation but it seems rather cheeky nonetheless.

IIRC it's a fairly big and obvious section when going through the booking process. It is set as "yes, add insurance to my booking" or whatever it says by default, which I think is a bit sneaky - should be opt in rather than out.

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭paulieeye

Have a 1 time loyalty code ... first p.m gets it..

edit: gone!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭recyclebin

Come on people! Someone must have some inside info who is going to be announced next week. Spill the beansa already.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭ciaranf92

recyclebin wrote: »
    Come on people! Someone must have some inside info who is going to be announced next week. Spill the beansa already.

Well Cyril Hahn, John Grant, Dylan Moran & Terri Hooley have all self-confirmed.
    Think thats all we know so far.

Bestival is the weekend after EP. Were already sharing the likes of Fatboy Slim, the Walkmen, Franz Ferdinand, The Knife..
    Maybe we will get more from their lineup - Belle & Sebastian, Sinead O'Connor or M.I.A.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭freddiemoore

This on the same weekend, and few bands confirmed for EP Sunday are playin on the sat.
    http://zurichopenair.ch/

Would be class to get some of the Saturday bands to play EP; James Blake, The XX and Justice in particular!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

James Blake is playing something else, isn't he? Forbidden Fruit perhaps? He is definitely mentioned in the daily ads of some radio station anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭roll

am hoping steve mason will be on it - have a suspicion he will be but can't get confirmation....

James Blake is playing something else, isn't he? Forbidden Fruit perhaps? He is definitely mentioned in the daily ads of some radio station anyway

Aye, but that's the June Bank holiday so he could easily play again in September. Wouldn't make it to FF since it's on the same weekend as The Rory Gallagher festival, which is of course better than EP!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

I've heard tell of Bastille and Lumineers? Wouldn't be overall pushed on either of them anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

I've heard tell of Bastille and Lumineers? Wouldn't be overall pushed on either of them anyway.

bastille are playing sea sessions in Donegal next month and Lumineers are playing Dublin in November. Would they play so soon after/before a gig?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,770 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

danniemcq wrote: »
    bastille are playing sea sessions in Donegal next month and Lumineers are playing Dublin in November. Would they play so soon after/before a gig?

Bastille are also playing Indiependence so reckon they could play EP as well alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Bastille are also doing Indiependence.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭MattD

Unreasonable not-gonna-happen wishlist (Not including QOTSA and Daft Punk because that's just ridiculous) :

M83
    James Blake
    Atoms For Peace
    Streetlight Manifesto
    Portugal. The Man
    Alt-J
    OFWGKTA

Slightly more reasonable:

And So I Watch You From Afar
    Cold War Kids
    Enemies
    Antlers
    Adebisi Shank
    Daughter
    The World is A Beautiful Place...
    Caribou
    Mmoths

• Registered Users Posts: 12,550 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

MattD wrote: »
    Unreasonable not-gonna-happen wishlist (Not including QOTSA and Daft Punk because that's just ridiculous) :

M83
    James Blake
    Atoms For Peace
    Streetlight Manifesto
    Portugal. The Man
    Alt-J
    OFWGKTA

Slightly more reasonable:

And So I Watch You From Afar
    Cold War Kids
    Enemies
    Antlers
    Adebisi Shank
    Daughter
    The World is A Beautiful Place...
    Caribou
    Mmoths

You forgot Aphex Twin there.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭MattD

Damn! The most unreasonable not-gonna-happen wishlisty one of them all!

MattD wrote: »

M83
    James Blake
    Atoms For Peace
    Streetlight Manifesto
    Portugal. The Man
    Alt-J
    OFWGKTA

Alt-J playin in the States that weekend. Sorry to break it to ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,757 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Anyone think there's a chance of the Weeknd playing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

Phantom seem to have The Prodigy on rotation in the last few days. Are they trying to tell us something?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

Let's hope so.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 AlanC275.

Everytime I go to upload my pic of my three wristbands to the help section it says error...can I walk into any ticketmaster outlet with the wristbands and woluld they be able to do it for me???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

AlanC275. wrote: »
    Everytime I go to upload my pic of my three wristbands to the help section it says error...can I walk into any ticketmaster outlet with the wristbands and woluld they be able to do it for me???

Yep I think they are doing that.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 AlanC275.

Yep I think they are doing that.

Great thanks!

Any leaks on tomorrow's announcement?

Any leaks on tomorrow's announcement?

Yup. Every band/act that you've ever wanted to see play live will be making an appearance.

It's a fact.

I've got friends in the industry

Yup. Every band/act that you've ever wanted to see play live will be making an appearance.

It's a fact.

I've got friends in the industry

Spice Girls & David Hasselhoff it is then :3

• Registered Users Posts: 7,630 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

what time is announcement expected at?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,357 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Spice Girls & David Hasselhoff it is then :3

Ha ha a guy I was on a stag with last year had seen Hasselhoff in Scotland the week b4, said it was awesome they just went for a laugh and to pick up chicks said it was great cheesy craic they would definitely go again.

Will we see any big names tomorrow? I don't count FBS as a headliner?? (Although isn't he somewhere else on the Sat night? He must be on Fri) so I'm expecting one more 'big' name.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭sassyj

I'm going to guess Pet Shop Boys and Editors

Advertisement