Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2013 *Discussion only. NO ticket sales/requests*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭exilec

So, 2014?
    you get the picture ... still in 2012 mode.. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,774 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Electric Picnic won the best large festival in the Irish festival awards..

A large festival is described as any which has over 30,000 attendees..

The max capacity of EP is 32,500. Was there last year and doubt there was 30,000+ at it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Eod100 wrote: »
    Electric Picnic won the best large festival in the Irish festival awards..

A large festival is described as any which has over 30,000 attendees..

The max capacity of EP is 32,500. Was there last year and doubt there was 30,000+ at it!

An amazing achievement! I won the best looking male in my house, the only thing is the other male in my house has four paws.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

nocoverart wrote: »
    An amazing achievement! I won the best looking male in my house, the only thing is the other male in my house has four paws.

Betcha he thinks he's the dogs bollocks.

Apparently tickets are on sale March 4th.. This is according to someone commenting on EP's fb page though so not sure how accurate that is!

• Advertisement

nocoverart wrote: »

haha you've lost me! Was that meant as a comparison between EP and Oxegen or something? :P

Apparently tickets are on sale March 4th.. This is according to someone commenting on EP's fb page though so not sure how accurate that is!

on festival republics website and facebook page they have confirmed that is definitely going ahead..:cool:

exilec wrote: »
    on festival republics website and facebook page they have confirmed that is definitely going ahead..:cool:

Sweet, thanks! Any word on whether they'll be earlybirds or not?

Be interesting to see if there's any major changes in order to cut costs.. Like will they get rid of the comedy stage for instance?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

wouldn't put much trust in that, there were a few people on there saying that it was going to be announced Tuesday last week.
    still, March is usually when the lineup is announced, so must be some time soon...

wouldn't put much trust in that, there were a few people on there saying that it was going to be announced Tuesday last week.
    still, March is usually when the lineup is announced, so must be some time soon...

Fair point but yup, meant to be some time in March anyways alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭moonflower

Be interesting to see if there's any major changes in order to cut costs.. Like will they get rid of the comedy stage for instance?

I'd be super annoyed if they got rid of the comedy tent, it's the best place to sit and nurse your hangover early in the day!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Dance music nut

Does anybody know what's going on?. When is the rumours going to stop?. This is killing me :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭kwat

the website is down now. maybe they're updating the 2013 info :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 altrock

New message on electric picnic website - early bird tickets available soon. Here's hoping!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭LeftBlank

altrock wrote: »
    New message on electric picnic website - early bird tickets available soon. Here's hoping!

That message has been there for a few months now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

I hate the idea of day-tickets. I love the weekend, but by Sunday, I am usually wrecked (in a good way) and I can't stand the day-trippers intent on destroying themselves as quickly as possible. They're the festival equivalent of the lad who comes up to the bar five minutes before they shut and orders doubles and shots.

But I can't see how it will last without drastic changes. €230 for the weekend, (plus a conservative €100 - €150 spending money) is just way too much for people these days.

Why would the way other people want to enjoy themselves even bother you ? You must be highly strung :rolleyes:

For what it is worth I love the idea of day tickets at a festival, mainly so I can avoid the possibility of having a tent pitch beside a pack of scumbags, the type who stabbed a friend of mine a few years back.

For me day tickets are the only way to go at festivals. They mean me and my mates can get in, see the music we want to see and then leave without all the peripheral sh1te you have to put up with when camping. I'm not in isolation on this opinion- every B&B and hotel for miles around any festival in Ireland is booked out months in advance

Camping would be fine if these events were policed well but in my experience it is one of two extremes- either the security don't give a fcuk and there is total carnage or else they behave like fascists and ruin the weekend for everyone. There never seems to be a middle ground. So for me day tickets are the only way to go. Different folks, different strokes though, each to their own, I'd just never criticise anyone for their preference or the way they like to enjoy the gig, just so long as they do enjoy it and do their best to ensure everyone else does the same.

I reckon with it being so late we will just have general sale tickets..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

If Oxegen steals Alt-j away I will not be happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭LeftBlank

Thom Yorke can **** off with his Atoms for Peace, he's due an apperance in Ireland, and that's that.

Won't be this year anyway...

http://mg.co.za/article/2013-02-01-giving-back-from-the-bassline/

Looks like The National won't be playing EP anyway.. Playing their only Irish date this year in Cork in June.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Looks like The National won't be playing EP anyway.. Playing their only Irish date this year in Cork in June.

Phew.
    Dodged a bullet there.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

RATM wrote: »
    Why would the way other people want to enjoy themselves even bother you ? You must be highly strung :rolleyes:

For what it is worth I love the idea of day tickets at a festival, mainly so I can avoid the possibility of having a tent pitch beside a pack of scumbags, the type who stabbed a friend of mine a few years back.

For me day tickets are the only way to go at festivals. They mean me and my mates can get in, see the music we want to see and then leave without all the peripheral sh1te you have to put up with when camping. I'm not in isolation on this opinion- every B&B and hotel for miles around any festival in Ireland is booked out months in advance

Camping would be fine if these events were policed well but in my experience it is one of two extremes- either the security don't give a fcuk and there is total carnage or else they behave like fascists and ruin the weekend for everyone. There never seems to be a middle ground. So for me day tickets are the only way to go. Different folks, different strokes though, each to their own, I'd just never criticise anyone for their preference or the way they like to enjoy the gig, just so long as they do enjoy it and do their best to ensure everyone else does the same.

provided they are excluded from the campsites, i cant see a problem with it. day punters in campsites isnt wise. theft will rocket with chancers paying for a day to fleece the site. they tried tackle this last year, need to improve this year

provided they are excluded from the campsites, i cant see a problem with it. day punters in campsites isnt wise. theft will rocket with chancers paying for a day to fleece the site. they tried tackle this last year, need to improve this year

Don't think day trippers have ever had access to the campsites.. At least officially anyways, presumably and odd few sneak in every year but I doubt it's many.

I have no clue of the stats of how may things get stolen at EP/who's responsible but doesn't make sense to blame it solely on day trippers. No idea why they're seen as this feared gang of people tbh! Handiest solution to preventing stuff getting stolen is just keep valuables on your person, bring old clothes etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Sickened :(

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭Celtic Tiger

Don't think day trippers have ever had access to the campsites.. At least officially anyways, presumably and odd few sneak in every year but I doubt it's many.

AFAIK 2 years ago there was no system for checking daytrippers coming from the arena into the campsite, one of my friends who was down for the day was able to stroll straight in. I think it was the same last year but I dont really remember tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

AFAIK 2 years ago there was no system for checking daytrippers coming from the arena into the campsite, one of my friends who was down for the day was able to stroll straight in. I think it was the same last year but I dont really remember tbh.
    there has been every year. wristband checks going into the campsite from the arena at both points.
    from what i can tell though, they seem to get very lax with it on the Sunday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

I really wish EP had a Saturday day ticket last year. I really wanted to see Grimes but couldn't make it for all 3 days and couldn't justify buying a weekend ticket for one or two days.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

I have no clue of the stats of how may things get stolen at EP/who's responsible but doesn't make sense to blame it solely on day trippers. No idea why they're seen as this feared gang of people tbh! Handiest solution to preventing stuff getting stolen is just keep valuables on your person, bring old clothes etc.

the main gate... you had to pass through the campsites to get into the arena, and was letting in day all weekend. 1000s went throught that gate as day ticket holders

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

Longitude line-up will be announced on the 27th of this month.
    Let the games begin.

• Advertisement

Longitude line-up will be announced on the 27th of this month.
    Let the games begin.

I have no idea how all these festivals can compete with each other. Seems like there's loads this summer with Body and Soul, Oxegen, Forbidden Fruit, Indiependence, Castlepalooza, Electric Picnic, Longtitude etc. Guess they're attracting different audiences but still seems like there's quite a few festivals there that might attract the same people!

Advertisement