Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2013 *Discussion only. NO ticket sales/requests*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭freddiemoore

http://i.imgur.com/upOZEm9.png

I'm not sure how to post pictures :P Robert Plant & Ellie Goulding only new names I recognize..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Robert Plant & Sensational Space Shifters , Little Green Cars ,Ellie Goulding, The Beat, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, Cayucas, Big Black Delta, Charli XCX, Miles Kane, Crystal Fighters, Gavin James, Dawes, John Grant, Lady Lamb The Beekeeper, Lulu James, Night Beds, No Ceremony, Space Dimension Controller, Valerie June, Chrome Sparks, Matthew E. White and Factory Floor

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Robert Plant, The Beat, BRMC, John Grant.
    Happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Decent if unspectacular additions. Will be good to see Robert Plant.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

according to hot press robert plant played the following led zep songs on his recent aussie tour

‘Friends’, ‘Black Dog’, ‘Going To California’, ‘Bron-Y-Aur Stomp’, ‘Four Sticks’. ‘Ramble On’, ‘Friends’, ‘Heartbreaker’, ‘What Is And What Should Never Be’, ‘Rock And Roll’ and ‘Whole Lotta Love

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭ciaranf92

Im a big BRMC fan but I saw them in March and they were terrible.
    Ellie Goulding is terrible.
    Saw Charli XCX supporting Coldplay in Germany and she was terrible.

Plant could be good though..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭recyclebin

Will go see Little Green Cars ,Ellie Goulding and Mick Flannery from the bands that were announced today.

Thought Travis might have been added but no sign of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

Cyril Hahn self confirmed and so did dylan moran so I think they have a few things left for after the discount period... hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,770 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

peteeeed wrote: »
    Robert Plant & Sensational Space Shifters , Little Green Cars ,Ellie Goulding, The Beat, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, Cayucas, Big Black Delta, Charli XCX, Miles Kane, Crystal Fighters, Gavin James, Dawes, John Grant, Lady Lamb The Beekeeper, Lulu James, Night Beds, No Ceremony, Space Dimension Controller, Valerie June, Chrome Sparks, Matthew E. White and Factory Floor

Reminds me of getting an eye test.You recognise most things at the top of the chart but as you go down you're like what the feck is that?ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Delighted with BRMC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

I am so ****ing excited about Plant playing, i'll be seeing 2 of my musical heros within the space of 2 weeks with roger waters playing a fortnight later

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭freddiemoore

Nice to see some life back in this thread anyways!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭MattD

Yeah, I'd still be hopeful that they have at least a couple of good acts for after the discount ticket timeslot runs out, to make a last push for ticket sales. With the comedy stage and Little Big Tent still to fill, there'll be at least two more biggish announcements I assume.

This announcement is far from inspiring though, and if that's the vast majority of the big stage acts (which it looks like it is), I'm a bit disappointed...

Can't argue with the price and general buzz of the festival, but still...

I'm not saying that the likes of Daft Punk, QOTSA, NIN, Bowie should be there because that is and always was a stupid expectation for anyone to have. But one of your top billed acts of an announcement being a very young Irish act (albeit talented) without an album even out yet speaks volumes.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭mememealways

Sorry if this has been asked/answered already!!

Does anyone know when their full web page will be up as running??

MattD wrote: »
    Yeah, I'd still be hopeful that they have at least a couple of good acts for after the discount ticket timeslot runs out, to make a last push for ticket sales. With the comedy stage and Little Big Tent still to fill, there'll be at least two more biggish announcements I assume.

This announcement is far from inspiring though, and if that's the vast majority of the big stage acts (which it looks like it is), I'm a bit disappointed...

Can't argue with the price and general buzz of the festival, but still...

I'm not saying that the likes of Daft Punk, QOTSA, NIN, Bowie should be there because that is and always was a stupid expectation for anyone to have. But one of your top billed acts of an announcement being a very young Irish act (albeit talented) without an album even out yet speaks volumes.

Who?
    Soak is on the very bottom of the list.
    Little green cars are in the mid section and The Strypes are further down (both have an album out)

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭roll

that's some line up for €150... delighted to see grant, plant and white added....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭MattD

Who?
    Soak is on the very bottom of the list.
    Little green cars are in the mid section and The Strypes are further down (both have an album out)

I said top billed of this announcement today, so I mean Little Green Cars. Robert Plant, Ellie Goulding, BRMC, Little Green Cars.

Ok, their album is out a couple of days, hadn't actually realized that, but it's still a weak announcement.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

So, so meh.

I said top billed of this announcement today, so I mean Little Green Cars. Robert Plant, Ellie Goulding, BRMC, Little Green Cars.

Ok, their album is out a couple of days, hadn't actually realized that, but it's still a weak announcement.

Fair enough Matt, but there are more announcements to come.

Personally, i'm well pleased with Plant, and The Beat, and Little green cars / ellie goulding will keep the GF happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

would go to see:

Black Rebel Motorcycle Club
    Little Green Cars
    Charlie XCX
    Dawes
    Lady Lamb the Beekeeper
    No Ceremony///
    Space Dimension Controller
    Chrome Sparks
    Factory Floor

grand.

must check out a few of the others, John Grant gets great reviews from what i've read.

all i'm really interested in now is the Little Big Tent announcement tbh, there's plenty already announced to keep me busy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,926 ✭✭✭endainoz

The albums out over a week, and got to number one aswell, there getting a lot of AirPlay and by the time the picnic comes around there will be a huge amount of hype about them. So not that weak at all really

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

there were loads of quality mid-level acts announced in the 3rd, 4th, 5th announcements last year too.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭A.Gorilla

They said they are probably not even half way through the announcements yet....Lots more to come ;)

So whens the next announcment?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

They did rectify the "10th Anniversary" thing though :P

Incorrectly though! Once again things are not "Born" at the age of 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Funkfield

Toast wrote: »
    Incorrectly though! Once again things are not "Born" at the age of 1.

Maybe they are using East Asian age reckoning?

But I doubt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

I'd like to see more DJs announced...plenty of time for that hopefully.

Could do with a few more Irish musicians/bands too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Brutal additions! Ellie FOOKIN Goulding! enough said

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,002 ✭✭✭Seedy Arling

They might announce some more bigger acts after the promotion ends. To get people to pay full whack. Unlikely though.

Advertisement