Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2013 *Discussion only. NO ticket sales/requests*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Funkfield

recyclebin wrote: »
    Could do with a few more Irish musicians/bands too.

Adebisi Shank & Kerbdog anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Not too thrilled with that announcement. The full line-up so far is fair enough at 150 euro but doubt I'd be willing to pay full price for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Hammer91

gutted that babyshambles werent announced

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Tree Scape

would go to see:

Black Rebel Motorcycle Club
    Little Green Cars
    Charlie XCX
    Dawes
    Lady Lamb the Beekeeper
    No Ceremony///
    Space Dimension Controller
    Chrome Sparks
    Factory Floor

grand.

must check out a few of the others, John Grant gets great reviews from what i've read.

all i'm really interested in now is the Little Big Tent announcement tbh, there's plenty already announced to keep me busy.

No Ceremony/// were brilliant at Camden Crawl-but they're not listed on the Nialler9 site?

Ah, I see them listed on EP FB page, nice additions, beginning to fill out

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Space dimension controller will be great. Nobody had a bottle opener one night when he was playing a set so i stood here and shared the bottles he had been given since I was opening them all with the corner of my belt buckle. Watched a space odyssey twice that night, it was good. This post reads like how I would have typed it in my drunken state that night. I'm happy with how it turned out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭sdgbt

Line up isn't particularly exciting. There's lots I don't recognise on the list so I have been looking up some of the new names on youtube.

Here's a couple of good bands/ people so far

And incase people haven't heard of Mount Kimbie:

I really hope that the next batch of names is a bit better. Though maybe I'm out of the loop and all those bands are already quite popular :P

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭glorified g

Happy enough with the new additions. Never thought i would get to see Robert Plant live. Will be staying as far away as possible from Black Rebel Motorcycle Club though after their recent gig in The Academy. Will definitely be seeing Miles Kane, Gavin James and Valerie June though. There is a few names that I need to listen too but I'm happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

Happy enough with the new additions. Never thought i would get to see Robert Plant live. Will be staying as far away as possible from Black Rebel Motorcycle Club though after their recent gig in The Academy. Will definitely be seeing Miles Kane, Gavin James and Valerie June though. There is a few names that I need to listen too but I'm happy.

Why were they awful or was the crowd dodgy?

SmokeyEyes wrote: »
    Why were they awful or was the crowd dodgy?

They were fairly bad. Probably the hardest gig I have ever had to review. The sound in The Academy really didn't help at all. I was a fan going into the gig so I was gutted! The crowd were great though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,879 ✭✭✭sporina

what about the Little Big Tent? Rave in the Woods? Forrest?

I get the impression that this festival was organised way too late and I worry that there will be a lot of stuff missing from it - and i am not talking about big band names. And I am also worried that there will not be a big crowd there. I really love the picnic but I do not wanna go if its gonna be a flop.

Any thoughts?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

what about them?
    LBT and Rave in the Woods get announced around July/August.
    not sure what "Forrest" is.

according to Jim Carroll, tickets are selling much better than usual for this time of the year. most EP ticket sales usually come in the last few weeks in previous years.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭-=al=-

I think all the usual amenities will be present!

Just seen the new additions, Robert Plant, yerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr a bit of Led Zep, lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,879 ✭✭✭sporina

what about them?
    LBT and Rave in the Woods get announced around July/August.
    not sure what "Forrest" is.

according to Jim Carroll, tickets are selling much better than usual for this time of the year. most EP ticket sales usually come in the last few weeks in previous years.

as in, will they be there? or something similar?
    as regards " forrest" sorry i meant the forest stage - where Algorhythm was on last year

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭freddiemoore

Johnny Marr, David Byrne & Robert Plant. At least 3 of my all time favourite bands will be represtented!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Johnny Marr, David Byrne & Robert Plant. At least 3 of my all time favourite bands will be represtented!

It wouldn't be quite the same though if The Smiths, Talking Heads and Led Zeppelin were playing though would it? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Think the Body & Soul Festival is more tempting. Nick Cave, Nicolas Jaar, Pantha du Prince and Public Image Ltd amongst others :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Needs more Dj's for certain, fatboy slim is savage and all but he's not gonna keep me buzzin for the whole weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭roll

They were fairly bad. Probably the hardest gig I have ever had to review. The sound in The Academy really didn't help at all. I was a fan going into the gig so I was gutted! The crowd were great though.

haven't been to a gig in the academy in almost 3 years- an awful awful venue...

roll wrote: »

Yeah it really is. The sound just bounces around far to much so any big band sounds crap. Thankfully there hasn't been a band I have wanted to see there in years so I've been able to avoid it mostly. Its a nightclub and nothing more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

We've book Tenacious D tix for The Academy this December and we've never been in it, hope it's ok!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Hammer91

roll wrote: »

saw pete doherty in the academy and was probably one of the best gigs of my life! great venue!

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭roll

if you are going for a few pints and a chat (a very loud chat!) its grand..... sorry, i'm a bit bitter

• Registered Users Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭endainoz

Just checked out full gig of Robert plant and the sensational space shifters on you tube there, fairly good, his voice holds up fairly well which was always an issue I think?

Anyway I'm sure first thing people would always ask would be how the led zeppelin songs were, they were ok, for some reason they out their own twist on them. Black dog especially, but I suppose they hadn't any hope of trying to out do jimmy page in the guitar stakes, really interesting set though. Will be checking them out for sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

I've been following this thread but haven't seen this question asked.

If I got a code for the €150 tickets but waited til after the end of May to use it would it still work?

I can only see on the site that they won't be giving out any of €150 codes after May but doesn't say anything about using them after the closing date.

My guess would be they won't as the code would be rejected.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭freddiemoore

Beekay wrote: »

If I got a code for the €150 tickets but waited til after the end of May to use it would it still work?

I'm afraid not. Next Monday is the last day to use the code. From the official EP Twitter: https://twitter.com/EPfestival/status/337245942476595201

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Beekay wrote: »

I can only see on the site that they won't be giving out any of €150 codes after May but doesn't say anything about using them after the closing date.

My guess would be they won't as the code would be rejected.

If you can't afford the 150 up front you can do the installment plan along with the code. It's 50 a month or so. They take 50 straight away

• Registered Users Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭-=al=-

So could you go into ticketmaster before Monday with your code and pay 50 dollaredoos cash each a month until the show?

SmokeyEyes wrote: »
    We've book Tenacious D tix for The Academy this December and we've never been in it, hope it's ok!!

I'm fairly sure that's an acoustic gig so it should be all good. Just make sure you don't stand near the bar or around the sound desk! Any time I have been there its where all the talkers have been!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Plant, Johnny Marr, the knife, John Grant! Happy enough but Ellie Goulding 'are u havin a giraffe!!' Brutal! Lets hope she leaves Harris at home!!!!!!

There's obviously still the Reynolds/Benn battle!

Team Reynolds;
    Bjork
    Johnny Marr
    The knife
    Eels
    War paint
    Ms Mr
    John Grant
    Wu Tang clan
    MBV

Team Benn;
    The arctic monkeys
    ellie goulding
    Noah and the whale
    The 1975
    Any more?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Plant, Johnny Marr, the knife, John Grant! Happy enough but Ellie Goulding 'are u havin a giraffe!!' Brutal! Lets hope she leaves Harris at home!!!!!!

There's obviously still the Reynolds/Benn battle!

Yeah wonder how that got resolved in the end! I'd say meetings are fairly awkward between them :P

Advertisement