Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2013 *Discussion only. NO ticket sales/requests*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭freddiemoore

Fatfrog wrote: »
    There's obviously still the Reynolds/Benn battle!

No idea what that is :P Care to elaborate!?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,357 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

danniemcq wrote: »
    If you can't afford the 150 up front you can do the installment plan along with the code. It's 50 a month or so. They take 50 straight away

Money isn't the problem, just getting other people to make a decision on if they are going.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,357 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Beekay wrote: »
    Money isn't the problem, just getting other people to make a decision on if they are going.

Feck it buy a ticket, I'm sure u could sell it on.

Beekay wrote: »

I know this feeling, my friends never make up their minds either! If ya have code for €150 ticket ya might as well get it since if your friends do decide to go, you'll have cheaper ticket. And if not, you could sell it at going rate and still make a profit!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Plant, Johnny Marr, the knife, John Grant! Happy enough but Ellie Goulding 'are u havin a giraffe!!' Brutal! Lets hope she leaves Harris at home!!!!!!

There's obviously still the Reynolds/Benn battle!

Team Reynolds;
    Bjork
    Johnny Marr
    The knife
    Eels
    War paint
    Ms Mr
    John Grant
    Wu Tang clan
    MBV

Team Benn;
    The arctic monkeys
    ellie goulding
    Noah and the whale
    The 1975
    Any more?

Benn/MCD/Live Nation/Festival Republic/whatever you want to call their side are in charge of bookings this year.
    Reynolds didn't even want the festival to go ahead this year.

funny that you'd think that was the split of things given some of the absolute tripe Reynolds/POD have brought in over the years.

Benn/MCD etc booked Longitude which is full of EP-esque/"Team Reynolds" style acts.

Benn/MCD etc booked Longitude which is full of EP-esque/"Team Reynolds" style acts.

The Longitude acts just the ones already booked for Latitude in fairness.

The Longitude acts just the ones already booked for Latitude in fairness.
    there's loads of the Longitude ones that aren't booked for Latitude, including 2 of the headliners (Vampire Weekend and Phoenix).
    http://www.latitudefestival.com/line-up

Benn and Festival Republic are behind Longitude anyway.

there's loads of the Longitude ones that aren't booked for Latitude, including 2 of the headliners (Vampire Weekend and Phoenix).
    http://www.latitudefestival.com/line-up

Benn and Festival Republic are behind Longitude anyway.

I guess you're right, I mainly just focused on the Sun of Longitude which has same headliners as Sat of Lat, since it's the Sunday I'm going to :)

yeah there's a good few on the other days that aren't playing at Longitude, unfortunately!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

The line-up for Longitude isn't really holding a candle to EP though, let's face it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭budgemook

Did the Sunday tickets sell out last year? How likely is it they'll sell out this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

budgemook wrote: »
    Did the Sunday tickets sell out last year? How likely is it they'll sell out this year?

From the EP forum. These are supposedly playing the Sunday.
    Arctic Monkeys
    The Knife
    Johnny Marr
    David Byrne & St Vincent
    Dublin Gospel Choir
    Polica
    Mick Flannery

If you throw in Robert Plant to that (i've no idea what day he's playing) then it'd go very close to selling out.

It was packed last year on the Sunday, but didn't sell out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭budgemook

Arctic Monkeys
    The Knife
    Johnny Marr
    David Byrne & St Vincent
    Dublin Gospel Choir
    Polica
    Mick Flannery

If you throw in Robert Plant to that (i've no idea what day he's playing) then it'd go very close to selling out.

Yeah I usually go for the weekend so by the time Sunday comes around I am oblivious to my surroundings!

At a wedding this year that weekend and the plan is for everyone to hit the picnic on Sunday. Some people are wanting to wait until the day to buy the tickets for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭BullBauld

Hi all

I know I'm cutting it a bit fine with codes etc but I was at 2 previous Picnics, the very first one(remember Arrested Development :)) and then 07 I think it was but I have no proof of attendance. Any ideas?

Also I presume 2 adults + 1 child is ok for family area?

Cheers.
    Bull

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Arctic Monkeys
    The Knife
    Johnny Marr
    David Byrne & St Vincent
    Dublin Gospel Choir
    Polica
    Mick Flannery

If Arctic Monkeys are playing Sunday then it's almost guaranteed Miles Kane will aswell. He'll join AM for a song during their set also.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

BullBauld wrote: »
    Hi all

I know I'm cutting it a bit fine with codes etc but I was at 2 previous Picnics, the very first one(remember Arrested Development :)) and then 07 I think it was but I have no proof of attendance. Any ideas?

Also I presume 2 adults + 1 child is ok for family area?

Cheers.
    Bull

google image Electric Picnic seems to work for people on here, but check your inbox in a few mins for a pic of 3 armbands :)

You sir, are a gentleman :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,926 ✭✭✭endainoz

Morrison J wrote: »
    If Arctic Monkeys are playing Sunday then it's almost guaranteed Miles Kane will aswell. He'll join AM for a song during their set also.

Miles Kane sounds so much like Alex turner, it's not even funny

You sir, are a gentleman :)

no problem!

if you have any hassles with it let me know!

• Advertisement

Back again...already

Any other email addresses to use besides the eployalty@ticketmaster.ie one as I got a reply saying it was undeliverable due to recipients inbox full.

Also I presume for 2 adults + 1 child that I just buy the adult tickets and children don't need anything, just tip along on the day?

Cheers again.

Give the ticketmaster helpline a call and explain, its an 0818 number iirc

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Deirdre5

Back again...already

Any other email addresses to use besides the eployalty@ticketmaster.ie one as I got a reply saying it was undeliverable due to recipients inbox full.

Also I presume for 2 adults + 1 child that I just buy the adult tickets and children don't need anything, just tip along on the day?

Cheers again.

info@electricpicnic.ie is another one.
    Says on the website, kids aged under 18 need to be registered beforehand. http://electricpicnic.ie/holding.html

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭learnerplates

What exactly is the Family camping area?
    Is there an alternative camping are this year?

I've only camped in the regular camping are but am getting fussier with age, is the family camping area an option without kids?

I haven't found any info on the alternative camping.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

I've only camped in the regular camping are but am getting fussier with age, is the family camping area an option without kids?

Hello, on the Picnic website, just under the sponsors, the writing in the yellow, the writing in the yellow, on the lefthand side in purple are the alternative camping options. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭GK1001

Anyone applied for the discount lately? I've sent off my request on Sunday and still have had nothing back from them.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,770 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Anyone know if there's a way of avoiding the fairly hefty 6.10 ticketmaster service charge? Is it slightly cheaper if you buy it at one of those kiosks?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

No, it's not. You have to register your children before hand, and enter through a different gate. The few hours sleep you may gain in the middle of the night would be stolen from you in the early morning hours anyhow. People get up very early around there!

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭sissorhands

This is my Spotify Playlist for EP13. I made it for my mates and I's benefit, but I thought I'd put it here too. Been at EP for last 2 years, so third times a charm.

-Jake Bugg isn't announced. Yet. S'all I'm saying.
    -No Zepp on Spotify, and not fussed about Rob Plant's solo stuff, hence the exclusion.

That's all though! http://open.spotify.com/user/1149836915/playlist/41hoafgONhvE7ltQAElIuz

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Isn't there a quieter sleeping quiet type of camping bit or is that a different festival I'e been too...

As for getting zzz's, just bring ear plugs and your ok... I even used ear plugs, ear muffs and eye cover mask thing once and was great...

I don't want to sound like a 50 year old fusspot but I need my sleep to function over the weekend with all the abuse my lovely body does take

2 years ago I had ear plugs and ear muffs and couldn't hear the party going on 5 feet outside my tent

Advertisement