Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2013 *Discussion only. NO ticket sales/requests*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭BullBauld

GK1001 wrote: »
    Anyone applied for the discount lately? I've sent off my request on Sunday and still have had nothing back from them.:(

I sent off an email at 1:30 today and got my code at 4:30. So I'd be getting on to them seeing as 4 days have passed.

Thanks again to danniemcq for his help.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭sissorhands

Eod100 wrote: »
    Anyone know if there's a way of avoiding the fairly hefty 6.10 ticketmaster service charge? Is it slightly cheaper if you buy it at one of those kiosks?

Possibly sound cellar? They sell for €1 each

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭kellsred

BullBauld wrote: »
    I sent off an email at 1:30 today and got my code at 4:30. So I'd be getting on to them seeing as 4 days have passed.

Did you try and buy your ticket? Getting a "no more tickets available" when I try

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭-=al=-

I believe the charge is 1.50 or something in a ticketmaster outlet with a CC but not 100% sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

BullBauld wrote: »

glad it worked out for you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭phunks

-=al=- wrote: »
    I believe the charge is 1.50 or something in a ticketmaster outlet with a CC but not 100% sure!

Yeah I got my ticket at a kiosk for 151 euro. They didnt even ask for the code. Was pleasantly surprised I expected to pay the full service charge. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,770 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

phunks wrote: »
    Yeah I got my ticket at a kiosk for 151 euro. They didnt even ask for the code. Was pleasantly surprised I expected to pay the full service charge. :D

Sweet. I'll give that a try so. Not even sure why those kiosks are still around - seem fairly redundant with the whole interweb yoke :P

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭phunks

Eod100 wrote: »
    Sweet. I'll give that a try so. Not even sure why those kiosks are still around - seem fairly redundant with the whole interweb yoke :P

I like having the actual tickets not the print out. Watch out as well I had to pay in cash don't think they accept Credit Cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

Tickets booked today, will be my 3rd picnic.

I'm hoping this is the first that my tent wont be slashed and robbed (most be the unluckiest attendee of all time for it to happen twice!)

wont stop my fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,770 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

df1985 wrote: »

I'm hoping this is the first that my tent wont be slashed and robbed (most be the unluckiest attendee of all time for it to happen twice!)

wont stop my fun!

Slashed and robbed? That's just rubbing salt in the wound! Had you it padlocked or something? I never bother cos I reckon it makes it look like you've valuable stuff in your tent..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,357 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Isn't there a quieter sleeping quiet type of camping bit or is that a different festival I'e been too...

As for getting zzz's, just bring ear plugs and your ok... I even used ear plugs, ear muffs and eye cover mask thing once and was great...

2 years ago I had ear plugs and ear muffs and couldn't hear the party going on 5 feet outside my tent

Agreed!! Ear plugs are essential. Trenchtown 'booom booom booom, bumpp bumpp bumpp bumpp' 24/7

There was a "quiet campsite" at one stage but haven't seen it on any maps for the last few years?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

never padlocked, but it was a smash and grab sort of thing on a number of tents in the area.

first year was just drink pretty much - second year was whatever they got their hands on but the idiots who did it camped about 30 yards away and they were got. my drivers license was found in mud at their tent. took their booze for good measure!

Lesson I learnt - don't camp in oscar wilde ,its too quiet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

two questions.....where are these kiosks.......is it the ticketmaster in stephens green.u dont need a discount code ?

question 2...how many tickets can u buy with a single discount code ??

wont stop my fun!

Seriously? Been loads of times never heard tell of that! What was stolen?

Stay away from pad locks most ridiculous thing to do! its at tent the zip will bust open in seconds.
    Best thing to do is try to pitch the tent beside small groups + put in some quality time with ur tent neighbours build up a bit of trust 'look out for me and I'll look out for you' kinda thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭jimosterberg

phunks wrote: »
    I like having the actual tickets not the print out. Watch out as well I had to pay in cash don't think they accept Credit Cards.

The ticketmaster kiosks do accept credit cards but may charge a credit card service charge. You can pay in laser or cash to avoid it. Soundcellar don't take any cards on tickets but I don't think they deal with Pod concerts anyway and haven't sold EP tickets for a few years now.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

wont stop my fun!

at least yours only got slashed, mine got ummmm robbed, not just the contents either, but the whole fecking tent.

was awful confused at 5am

Slashed and robbed is hardcore :(

Someone pooped in my friends tent which was taking the absolute proverbial piss... That's just shameful barbaric kind of carry on

I've been rather lucky and been O.K at festivals... Just try and get there early, camp in a decent spot, facing east to get the AMAZING sun in the morning and scope out the folk your camping nearby and try and get a few tents in from the pathways... krusty's are usually good for camping nearby

Also, some of my friends are getting the 150 E.P at ticketmaster outlets by just asking... no code no proof or anything. I think it just depends on the person selling you the ticket!

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭denisstack

Also, some of my friends are getting the 150 E.P at ticketmaster outlets by just asking... no code no proof or anything. I think it just depends on the person selling you the ticket!

I can confirm this - I went to the Ticketmaster stall in Stephen's Green and said I had a discount code for 2 tickets (which I had, but for the €170 ones). I wasn't asked any questions, told no lies and was handed 2 €150 ones. Twas most enjoyable.

Slashed and robbed is hardcore :(

Someone pooped in my friends tent which was taking the absolute proverbial piss... That's just shameful barbaric kind of carry on

I've been rather lucky and been O.K at festivals... Just try and get there early, camp in a decent spot, facing east to get the AMAZING sun in the morning...

The morning sun absolutely killed me last year! It must have been 30deg in the tent from 6-7am onwards! Impossible to sleep past 10, ended up flaking out both days on a bean bag in the B&S under some very relaxing chimes.

Pooping in some ones tent is just wrong! WTF is up with some ppl.
    In 09' came back to the tent on Sun, someone had taken a HUGE **** (outside thankfully) in between our tents. I'm not kidding it was an 'L' shaped foot long 2" diameter log!! People arrived from afar to see the amazing ****!!
    I'm not angry about it because I firmly believe this person would have died had they kept this in any longer, not even bog roll near it!! Down, dump &outta there!. But it started raining heavily on sun and by the smell of the tent the poo had washed into the tent horrible!!!, had to evacuate leave most stuff behind and sleep I the car!!

Yeah it's not cool and outrageous to be frank!

It's nice to be complaining about the sun isn't it! Face it west next year and have some nice sunsets :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭freddiemoore

Lesson I learnt - don't camp in oscar wilde ,its too quiet.

From what I've heard, a good lot of scumbags get into the Oscar Wilde campsite - they sneak in via the back door ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

From what I've heard, a good lot of scumbags get into the Oscar Wilde campsite - they sneak in via the back door ;)
    we've been in the Oscar Wilde the last 4 years and thought it was fine.
    any time i've been over to the other 2 they seem worse tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭MrVoracious

So can anyone recommend the best campsite to go to then?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,856 ✭✭✭sporina

So can anyone recommend the best campsite to go to then?

andy warhol :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,856 ✭✭✭sporina

so if i pay by installments, when do i get the ticket? i have a code as was there 3 times but still not sure if i wanna go or now so I am thinking of buying the ticket and selling it on but I assume that most people would like to have the ticket in their hand before parting with money ( as oppose to an internet print out or what ever).

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Gramsey

Genuinely can't find when the next installment is due,put the deposit on the first Saturday tickets were released.I could have sworn it was meant to be taken out Wednesday the 22nd,but no money was taken out of my account.Anyone know when the next installment is due?Any replies would be much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

Lads, does anyone know if they are still accepting emails for loyalty tickets, just send an email there. Didnt realise that they stipulate that the codes had to be used by 27th May , not applied for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

Gramsey wrote: »
    Genuinely can't find when the next installment is due,put the deposit on the first Saturday tickets were released.I could have sworn it was meant to be taken out Wednesday the 22nd,but no money was taken out of my account.Anyone know when the next installment is due?Any replies would be much appreciated.

"Thank you for purchasing your Electric Picnic Ticket(s). You have agreed to pay Ticketmaster €169.50 plus service charge per ticket for your Electric Picnic Ticket(s), and that these tickets are non refundable and not transferable. The initial deposit of €50.00 per ticket ('Deposit') has been charged to your credit card and this Deposit is non refundable and not transferable. You have authorised Ticketmaster to auto debit a second instalment of €70.00 in or around the 31 May 2013 and the balance of €49.50 + Service Charge per ticket ('Balance'), which will be charged to the same credit card on 30 June 2013. Failure to authorise this auto debit will result in you forfeiting your Electric Picnic Ticket(s) and Deposit".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

Proud to announce I have bought my tickets, so far I'm weeing over for Dylan Moran, The Knife, MBV, Chvrches, Soak, Noah and the Whale (my guilty pleasure), No Cermony///, Charlie XCX, Warpaint and Little Green Cars.

Still holding out hope for Cat Power, Nine Inch Nails and CocoRosie.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

The closest we will come to Daft Punk at EP!

Advertisement