Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2013 *Discussion only. NO ticket sales/requests*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Only thing I could think of was that all the big names bands may have been announced (unfortunatel). But NIN playing this festy as are Arctic Monkeys, The Knife and others, so it seems plausible that they'd play EP.

I was just chatting to mate about this, they push to sell as many tickets for 150 and have a decent but not spectacular lineup. They get the people that would go regardless of lineup really.

Then ticket prices go up but now they have a rough number of people that are going and are able to guarantee X number are going to show up and can provide money for bookings and deposits and maybe just maybe bring in some huge names to get all those on the fence now to pay for the more expensive tickets.

I can't see why the tickets would go up by nearly a hundred quid if bands to be announced are meh at best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 sackedlunch

Booked into Pink Moon Camping. It's the opposite side of the arena than the other campsites. Does anybody know if there's a separate car-park for this campsite, it seems like quite a long trek from the car-parks I've used before?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,357 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

danniemcq wrote: »
    I was just chatting to mate about this, they push to sell as many tickets for 150 and have a decent but not spectacular lineup. They get the people that would go regardless of lineup really.

Then ticket prices go up but now they have a rough number of people that are going and are able to guarantee X number are going to show up and can provide money for bookings and deposits and maybe just maybe bring in some huge names to get all those on the fence now to pay for the more expensive tickets.

I can't see why the tickets would go up by nearly a hundred quid if bands to be announced are meh at best.

It is the picnic after all the line up has and will only appeal to a very small %, I don't think there will be any spectacular additions after the early bird deadline?
    Although I don't think they have enough headline acts, might be one more big'ish name to come?
    Going on previous years they're still well short of acts (nearly half!) needed to cover the entire weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,357 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Booked into Pink Moon Camping. It's the opposite side of the arena than the other campsites. Does anybody know if there's a separate car-park for this campsite, it seems like quite a long trek from the car-parks I've used before?

Posh ****! Is the regular car park not good enough :)

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭freddiemoore

Fatfrog wrote: »
    It is the picnic after all the line up has and will only appeal to a very small %, I don't think there will be any spectacular additions after the early bird deadline?
    Although I don't think they have enough headline acts, might be one more big'ish name to come?
    Going on previous years they're still well short of acts (nearly half!) needed to cover the entire weekend!

I was only there last year so wouldn't really know, but is there usually a late night Sat dance act? Orbital last year fairly blitzed don't really remember em! But some dance act with Bjork finishes up be class. Prodigy are free that weekend I think..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭MisterKipling

quick question, am i right in thinking that on the ticketmaster page at the moment you can buy and early bird installment ticket for 50euro without a discount code? they only seem to ask for the discount code for the second and third installment, however it comes out of your account automatically?? I'm confused....

i think the screen you are looking at is the one that has

EARLY BIRD TICKETS INSTALMENT

then

Proof of 2 picnic ticket and code

proof of 3 picnics ticket and code

So the top option is for just the early bird
    middle one is if you have been at one or 2 picnics and have the code and want installment
    bottom one is if you have been at at least 3 picnics and have the code and want installment

crap lol cheers for that...i stupidly left it till today to enquire about my discount code thinking they would send me one but got a very stern email saying no can do basically....

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭danger mouse

Does anyone want my code? I'm not going this year. I'd prefer to give it to some poor student with no job lol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Source?
    while i wouldn't be as 100% sure as honru, they're playing in Philadelphia on the Saturday, along with QOTSA and numerous others, none of whom are announced for EP.
    http://www.last.fm/festival/3561814+Made+In+America+Festival+2013

they could theoretically play EP on the Friday night, then fly to America the next morning, but it's quite unlikely that they would.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Fatfrog wrote: »

Ya I'm expecting one big main act to be announced, esp for sat night after bjork
    Or else I'm deluded
    I had hoped that there's a marketing ploy that a few more big names will b announced so that that sell after the discount thingy is up!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Would love to see CocoRosie play EP, they're a really good live band and would go down a storm.

If you have a spare 2 hours LOL, you should watch their amazing show from France.

http://liveweb.arte.tv/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

Usually there is a 200 mile exclusion zone / x amount of months exclusion zone to bands playing different festivals if there are different promoters involved.
    Very doubtful NIN will play EP.
    but they aren't an EP band really at all, are they?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

david75 wrote: »
    Usually there is a 200 mile exclusion zone / x amount of months exclusion zone to bands playing different festivals if there are different promoters involved.
    Very doubtful NIN will play EP.
    but they aren't an EP band really at all, are they?

They are more of an EP band then Arctic Monkeys

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Nah

Yeah actually that's true. Don't see the fuss about arctic monkeys at all.

Did we bed find out what day they're taking the second instalment does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Evil Sausage

Its been a really tough decision to pass this year, especially with the discount but cant justify the cost, especially with B&S coming up.

So my 3 festivals discount code is up for grabs for whoever PM's first. Will probably go on the Sunday, so whoever gets it cant sneer at me when I turn up

Edit: Gone

david75 wrote: »
    Did we bed find out what day they're taking the second instalment does anyone know?

I got through to TM and was told it was gonna be Friday.

however i had to buy tickets for another mate then and in the email it says that that money won't be till end of June. so seems to be a month or so after you paid deposit

Nice one thanks

• Advertisement

Any more discount codes ??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Just ask for a discounted ticket at an outlet if you can't get a code then when they ask have you been to 3 or more just say yes

My friends have been going into Ticketmaster places with some memorabilia but barely got around to showing the dudes the stuff! They don't seem to give a fook

There was a ticket outlet called Third Wave in sligo here but closed over a year ago and none since...Left this all too late and won't get to an outlet before closing deadline tonight!! Balls.....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,770 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

IH8TXT:) wrote: »
    Any more discount codes ??

I've one for the 169.50 tickets if that's any good to you?

you don't know anyone near one that you could try and get them to do it if you put money in their account?

heck if you had the 150 in my account i could try for you after work

@Eod100 yes please man that would be great! anything would help!
    @danniemcq dude thank you so much but im actually trying to do the instalment option and therefore need the code for the site, but here...thanks a mill for the offer..very much appreciate!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,770 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

@danniemcq dude thank you so much but im actually trying to do the instalment option and therefore need the code for the site, but here...thanks a mill for the offer..very much appreciate!

Will PM it you there!

no bother! if the code doesn't work let me know i'll see if i can free up some funds, get it for you and you can sort me out for instalments instead

no bother! if the code doesn't work let me know i'll see if i can free up some funds, get it for you and you can sort me out for instalments instead

:eek: holy **** mate, no no no.....thank you tho..NO that wouldn't be right. But again cheers for the offer...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭Rfrip

What a nice guy!

Advertisement